Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-18-2009, 01:23 AM   #16
AtomSmasher
Truth Seeker

AtomSmasher has decent reputationAtomSmasher has decent reputation
Default Re: 2010 ISH Pro-Bowl Selection

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
the most insane thing on your list Marlo for me is putting Warner in over Favre...

wow...I can't belive I just said that after b*tching nonstop about Favre snubbing Rivers last year...
Not sure why I did that actually. Favre does deserve the nod. Feel free to change my vote.
AtomSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:25 AM   #17
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomSmasher
Not sure why I did that actually. Favre does deserve the nod. Feel free to change my vote.
oh...ok

did you miss Sidney Rice too or was that on purpose?
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:28 AM   #18
AtomSmasher
Truth Seeker

Quote:
oh...ok

did you miss Sidney Rice too or was that on purpose?
That was on purpose. Who does he deserve a spot over I voted for?
Old 12-18-2009, 01:29 AM   #19
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
That was on purpose. Who does he deserve a spot over I voted for?
lol...White

I don't want to argue about that for the 100th time though...you got your vote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:33 AM   #20
AtomSmasher
Truth Seeker

Quote:
lol...White

I don't want to argue about that for the 100th time though...you got your vote
I don't think so. White has 3 more touchdowns. The same amount of catches and Sidney has about 150 more yards receiving than him. I also take into consideration that Brett Favre>Matt Ryan and Chris Redman (especially this year).

Miles Austin deserves a spot over Sidney and possibly Roddy. Colston shouldn't be sniffing the pro bowl, IMO. Way too inconsistent.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:37 AM   #21
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
I don't think so. White has 3 more touchdowns. The same amount of catches and Sidney has about 150 more yards receiving than him. I also take into consideration that Brett Favre>Matt Ryan and Chris Redman (especially this year).

Miles Austin deserves a spot over Sidney and possibly Roddy. Colston shouldn't be sniffing the pro bowl, IMO. Way too inconsistent.
I hope Miles gets in...dude didn't even start the first 4 weeks...

I was going back and forth between Colston and DeSean...I probably snubbed DeSean, but I swear it isn't because he is an Eagle, I put 2 Eagles on there...it is just because I really have issues with small targets...always have...
Old 12-18-2009, 01:38 AM   #22
AtomSmasher
Truth Seeker

Quote:
I hope Miles gets in...dude didn't even start the first 4 weeks...

I was going back and forth between Colston and DeSean...I probably snubbed DeSean, but I swear it isn't because he is an Eagle, I put 2 Eagles on there...it is just because I really have issues with small targets...always have...
maybe youre compensating
Old 12-18-2009, 01:41 AM   #23
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

btw...the NFL does consider less catches better than more catches, if the yardage is equal...

like:

30 catches 300 yards > 50 catches 300 yards

The QB's passer rating would be higher with the lesser amount I believe...

learned that when Romo had 55 attempts against the Gaints and it brought his rating down...even though the completion % was the same...
Old 12-18-2009, 01:52 AM   #24
AtomSmasher
Truth Seeker

Quote:
btw...the NFL does consider less catches better than more catches, if the yardage is equal...

like:

30 catches 300 yards > 50 catches 300 yards

The QB's passer rating would be higher with the lesser amount I believe...

learned that when Romo had 55 attempts against the Gaints and it brought his rating down...even though the completion % was the same...
I'm not disputing that. Obviously it means something if you're YPC is higher (which in Sidney's case it is over Roddys).

If you watch Roddy (I know you've watched him a handful of times this year), they really don't air it out to him. I know for certain if he was in an offense like Minnesota or NO even Dallas he'd have better numbers.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:53 AM   #25
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
I'm not disputing that. Obviously it means something if you're YPC is higher (which in Sidney's case it is over Roddys).

If you watch Roddy (I know you've watched him a handful of times this year), they really don't air it out to him. I know for certain if he was in an offense like Minnesota or NO even Dallas he'd have better numbers.
I was really using that to prove Moss > Welker

he has done more with less
Old 12-18-2009, 01:55 AM   #26
AtomSmasher
Truth Seeker

Quote:
I was really using that to prove Moss > Welker
If you watched all of the Patriots games (which I have this year), you wouldn't be saying that bro. Wes Welker is having a way better year than Moss. Anyone would tell you that. Does that mean Wes Welker is a better WR? No.

Even Chris Gamble said if Randy had a little bit of Wes Welker in him he'd be unstoppable.

Welker is the epitome of a football player.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:05 AM   #27
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

QB

AFC- Manning, Rivers, Schaub
NFC- Brees, Favre, Rodgers

RB

AFC- Chris Johnson, Cedric Benson, Ray Rice
NFC- Adrian Peterson, Steven Jackson, DeAngelo Williams (if Gore didn't miss time he'd probably get AP's spot)

WR

AFC- A. Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Brandon Marshall, Randy Moss
NFC- Fitz, DeSean, Steve Smith (nyg), Austin

TE

AFC- Clark, Gates
NFC- Vernon Davis, Gonzalez

FB

AFC- McClain
NFC- Weaver

SS

AFC- Brian Dawkins
NFC- Adrian Wilson

CB's

AFC- Revis, Bailey, Johnathan Joseph
NFC- Woodson, Talib, Asante

DE

AFC- Freeney, Mathis, Aaron Schobel
NFC- Cole, Allen, Andre Carter

DT

AFC- havent noticed enough to vote
NFC- Ratliff, K. Williams, Bunkley

FS

AFC- Reed
NFC- Sharper

ILB

AFC- DJ Williams, Morrison
NFC- Willis, Vilma

OLB-

AFC- Bulluck, Dumerville, Harrison
NFC- Orakpo, Ware, Mathews

KR

AFC- Cribbs
NFC- Harvin

Kicker

AFC- Kaeding
NFC- Folk....LOL! I kid I kid!....Longwell
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:09 AM   #28
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

They need to get rid of the FB spot and just make it a sort of backfield X Factor type position. Not just another RB, but I don't know, maybe a guy that returns kicks or plays a h-back role, maybe an ultimate 3rd down back like Faulk or a supreme pass blocker/backfield receiver like Addai, just a general well rounded backfield player. I just don't feel like enough teams utilize enough FBs for it to be a Pro Bowl position.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:23 AM   #29
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

and Posterize's shocker would be Nnamdi not getting in...

really hard to watch those CBs when they aren't on camera...I can't even say it is bad really...

the most I watched of Nnamdi was when I went to the Thanksgiving game and I did try to pay attention to him alot...Romo did burn him like 4-5 times that game though...
Old 12-18-2009, 02:30 AM   #30
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Pretty sure Miles Austin was the one getting open on Asomugha and making him look bad at times, not Romo.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: