Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-18-2009, 09:53 PM   #1
~primetime~
~retired ish hofer~

Default the Dallas Cowboys @ New Orleans Saints

I have pretty much accepted that Dallas will lose and then the playoffs will begin for Dallas right after, meaning we will have to then win out against the Skins and Philly to make the post season...which isn't out of the question...

It actually is kinda of nice not to have my hopes up, because if we win it will be an awesome suprise, if we lose, well it's the Saints at home...

question:

For those of you that do not have the NFL Network (like myself) and don't live in Dallas, are you not going to be able to watch?

if not, then the NFL network needs to break thier contract with Direct TV and make that channel available to everyone...what crap that is...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:42 PM   #2
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: the Dallas Cowboys @ New Orleans Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
I have pretty much accepted that Dallas will lose and then the playoffs will begin for Dallas right after, meaning we will have to then win out against the Skins and Philly to make the post season...which isn't out of the question...

It actually is kinda of nice not to have my hopes up, because if we win it will be an awesome suprise, if we lose, well it's the Saints at home...

question:

For those of you that do not have the NFL Network (like myself) and don't live in Dallas, are you not going to be able to watch?

if not, then the NFL network needs to break thier contract with Direct TV and make that channel available to everyone...what crap that is...

I'll be able to watch it over AFN out here.

I think you guys will lose, but I'm looking to see how you lose. Do you lose a close one or do you get ran over. That, I think, will be a precursor to how the last two games might go.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 11:04 PM   #3
sunsfan1357
Word.

Quote:

question:

Are you sure the contract is just with Direct TV? I have DTV at my place, but my friend has Comcast and gets the NFL Network.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 11:23 PM   #4
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
Are you sure the contract is just with Direct TV? I have DTV at my place, but my friend has Comcast and gets the NFL Network.
I had Comcast about two years ago and I had NFL Network.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 11:39 PM   #5
mmsupra
MDOTM

Quote:

question:

I don't have nfl network and I am looking for a place to watch this game ugghhh
mmsupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 11:53 PM   #6
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmsupra
I don't have nfl network and I am looking for a place to watch this game ugghhh
You can always go to a sports bar or something?
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 12:32 AM   #7
~primetime~
~retired ish hofer~

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18
I had Comcast about two years ago and I had NFL Network.
All I know is that I have Time Warner and I can't get it...
Old 12-19-2009, 01:33 AM   #8
YAWN
NBA All-star

Quote:
All I know is that I have Time Warner and I can't get it...
i have charter cable and we don't have it. dont have nbatv either.. but we do have mlb network, which shows like 1 game a month

might have to hit up buffalo wild wings for dinner tomorrow
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 01:49 AM   #9
clipse026
Local High School Star

It's going to be nuts in the dome. I have family that came in staying at my house to go to the game tomorrow. Sucks that they got tickets but I couldn't even find any . Luckily we have NFL Network with Cox Cable but since its obviously a sellout its airing on a local channel here for everybody else.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 03:05 AM   #10
~primetime~
~retired ish hofer~

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipse026
It's going to be nuts in the dome. I have family that came in staying at my house to go to the game tomorrow. Sucks that they got tickets but I couldn't even find any . Luckily we have NFL Network with Cox Cable but since its obviously a sellout its airing on a local channel here for everybody else.
I was just messin around looking at ticket prices at different places...and to my amazment, tickets for a Saints game cost more than tickets to f*ckin Cowboy's stadium...in fact, they are almost 3x as much:

http://www.ticketcity.com/nfl-ticket...19-7-20pm.html

^^^ upperdeck seats, in the damn endzone, go for $300 a piece tommorrow...

THE WORST SEATS ARE $300!!!???

lower level seats are pretty much the same though...near $1,000

I had no idea that Saints tickets were priced so high...wow
Old 12-19-2009, 03:14 AM   #11
clipse026
Local High School Star

Lol..those are individual game tickets at the end of a currently undefeated season, against the Cowboys no less. Those are not regular season ticket prices. C'mon man!! I sat in the plaza (lowest level) in the endzone in the 1st row for 9 years and my individual ticket was only 52$. People have been selling the Cowboys game tickets for like 3-4x profit. Some people in the highest level made back what they paid for the entire season tickets just from this game because people want to be at the dome so bad when it's this crazy.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:39 AM   #12
~primetime~
~retired ish hofer~

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipse026
Lol..those are individual game tickets at the end of a currently undefeated season, against the Cowboys no less. Those are not regular season ticket prices. C'mon man!! I sat in the plaza (lowest level) in the endzone in the 1st row for 9 years and my individual ticket was only 52$. People have been selling the Cowboys game tickets for like 3-4x profit. Some people in the highest level made back what they paid for the entire season tickets just from this game because people want to be at the dome so bad when it's this crazy.
well yeah I knew that was obviously higher than the face value...just like buying tickets to anywhere sold out on the net...

got damn though, that is serious...going undefeated = $$$ CHA-CHING $$$

http://www.ticketcity.com/nfl-ticket...-3-1-00pm.html

^^^ Jacksonville vs. Browns week 17...

those ticket prices are damn near free...

upperdeck...$10

lower level 50 yard line...$85

WOW!!!

why aren't they going to NFL games over there?...for $10 f*ckin dollars???...good god...even in a bad economy that is nothin...
Old 12-19-2009, 03:47 AM   #13
AtomSmasher
Truth Seeker

I'm actually going to be rooting hard for Dallas (purely for fantasy reasons)...

I really hope Dallas gives them a good game and doesn't get torched.

Dallas is due for a big win. Backs against the wall, nothing to lose, playing with the house's money, you can go on and on. I just have a gut feeling Dallas takes this game.

PT - I laid 500 on Minnesota at -6.5 vs CAR.
AtomSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 04:06 AM   #14
phelix2000
Decent playground baller

Should I bet on the Saints or Cowboys? Right now the spread is 7, I'm thinking Saints.
phelix2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 06:26 AM   #15
clipse026
Local High School Star

Yep Jville is going to be out of a team too. Shame because it's the best one in Florida. But yea speaking of ticket prices, if we (Saints) somehow make it to the superbowl I would love to go. But I checked prices the other day. Like 3k for like an average seat. I love the Saints but that's too much lol. I might as well stay in the city and party, it would be nuts here.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: