Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Milwaukee Bucks Forum

Milwaukee Bucks Forum Milwaukee Bucks forum - Milwaukee Bucks message board

Old 10-31-2006, 01:06 AM   #1
SRuiz59
Can barely lace up my sneakers

SRuiz59 has an OK reputation so far
Default Chris McCray and Steve Blake

im not a bucks fan, but as a Maryland basketball fan i will be watching blake and mccray. I think McCray will become a solid player in this league. He's long and athletic. A competitve player who plays with passion and comes up big when you need him the most. He's a great preimiter defender, look at reddicks stats when Mccray guarded him in the 04-05 season;7-21 8 TO in the game at duke, and played against great competion in the ACC nightly. He can shoot free throws with the best of them, over 90% his last 2 years at maryland, and has an improving outside jumper. He played alot of point last year and played it effectivly. I might be a little biased b/c he played at maryland but just watch.
I think Steve blake is a better option at point than Mo williams, he has Nash potential, and is proven winner , national championship. He worked Hinrich at the final four and draft workouts. Nothing good comes from a score first PG, especially when you got Redd, Simmons and Villenueva as other scoring options. Plus Williams will give you spark off the bench.

Last edited by SRuiz59 : 10-31-2006 at 01:09 AM.
SRuiz59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 06:38 AM   #2
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

I don't know anything about McCray yet. I figured he would get cut, so I never bothered to learn who he is - now that he's on the 15 man roster I'll start paying attention. If he's a good defender, then I'm happy to have him on the squad, even if it's just for practices.

I strongly disagree with Blake having Nash potential though. Blake is 26 years old and was only putting up 8 and 4 on the worst team in the league. Nash was a late bloomer, but what has Blake shown that suggests he will be too? If he were from another college, would you think he had Nash potential? I didn't follow him much before he got traded here, but he hasn't looked good in the pre-season. I sure hope I'm wrong though once the season starts.

I hope you stick around and let us know more about these guys - especially McCray, who I haven't even seen yet.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 12:44 AM   #3
SRuiz59
Can barely lace up my sneakers

SRuiz59 has an OK reputation so far

the knock on mccray at maryland in his senior season was he was to unselfish and he still led the team in scoring. He did lose his eligibilty b/c of poor grades and only had half a senior year.
SRuiz59 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: