Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-20-2009, 12:09 AM   #1
simcjt
The bodyguard

simcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default How rich is Miles Austin about to be

He is currently on a one-year, $1.545 million so Jerry has to pay the man. Question is how much?
simcjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:55 AM   #2
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: How rich is Miles Austin about to be

Man I don't even want to think about that...

what's even crazier about Miles is that he didn't even start the first 4 weeks of the season, he really just barely even played...

If he had started since the begining then he would most likely be the #1 WR in the NFL right now in terms of yardage...higher than even Andre maybe...

as good as Austin is though, I really feel like Romo should get most of the credit for his success...despite the two loses, Romo has been a complete beast this December...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 01:10 AM   #3
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Just shut the **** up already Prime. You're beyond saving at this point.

Why would Romo get most of the credit for Miles talents? Romo doesn't make Miles run great routes, he doesn't make Miles get yards after contact. He doesn't make him fast. He doesn't make Miles catch the ball.

You haven't heard me say Garcon & Collie are doing what they are doing mostly because of Manning. No, it's because those guys are doing what their talents allow them to do. Peyton doesn't make Garcon beat man to man coverage. He doesn't make him catch the ball, etc....

I mean honestly, just read that lest sentence from you. The ****?
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 01:22 AM   #4
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Carb seriously your sh*t has now officially become tiresome...just, piss off...lol
Old 12-20-2009, 01:29 AM   #5
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Just shut the **** up already Prime. You're beyond saving at this point.

Why would Romo get most of the credit for Miles talents? Romo doesn't make Miles run great routes, he doesn't make Miles get yards after contact. He doesn't make him fast. He doesn't make Miles catch the ball.

You haven't heard me say Garcon & Collie are doing what they are doing mostly because of Manning. No, it's because those guys are doing what their talents allow them to do. Peyton doesn't make Garcon beat man to man coverage. He doesn't make him catch the ball, etc....

I mean honestly, just read that lest sentence from you. The ****?

We also have a great running game... and Witten.

which means you can't put alot of attention on Miles.

but Miles is good... you are right.

Before the season began I constantly told -pt- that Miles was a good reciever and I didn't care so much that we got rid of TO... knowing we had Roy, Crayton, and Hurd... and we needed to start running the ball more...

and yes... Romo is probably a top 6 or 7 QB in league this year... maybe even top 5... He is not throwing Interceptions!!!

I told -pt- that Miles was going to be good, even though he was injured last year... I saw that this guy had talent last year in the preseason, but he got injured... I also saw that he could drop the ball, and he did that tonight...

I thought miles was going to have a good season if he could stay healthy... I just didn't know he was going to be great.

I can remember -pt- telling me that he didn't have high hopes in Miles Austin... Or whenever I was praising Miles Austin... -pt- didn't really share the same "high hope" that I felt.

Sorry -pt-... But I told Ya Miles Austin was good.... I never said he was going to be great...

BUT I DAMN SURE TOLD YOU HE WAS GOOD.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 01:35 AM   #6
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

okay, to be clear I do think that Miles deserves top 10 money...

he will probably end up getting top 5...

obviously the guy is a beast, I just don't think alot of fans understand just how lucky he is to have Romo throwing at him, that's all...Romo has been playing at an elite level really...

Austin actually reminds alot of Owens in terms of playing style...big and fast...gets alot of YAC...has a few drops in the endzone, doesn't have the greatest hands...ect...

it will be interesting to see what he becomes...
Old 12-20-2009, 01:46 AM   #7
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Just stop making it seem like Romo makes Miles. It goes hand in hand... they make each other better because they're both talented.

Montana didn't make Rice. Manning didn't make Harrison or Wayne.

It's simple fact. If this is your way of putting Romo on a pedistal, good for you. But you make yourself look really, really clueless....and that happens way to much.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:51 AM   #8
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
and yes... Romo is probably a top 6 or 7 QB in league this year... maybe even top 5... He is not throwing Interceptions!!!
Yes, that is the major difference in Romo this year...he has learned to be more careful and take the sack if he has to...

Romo has not thrown a single INT in 4 games now...he only has 7 on the year, and 3 of those 7 came from the Stadium opener against the Gaints...

Favre is the only one that has started all year that has less, he has 6...

McNabb, Rivers, Rodgers, and Garrard also have 7 though...

* and Romo has played an extra game...
Old 12-20-2009, 01:53 AM   #9
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Just stop making it seem like Romo makes Miles. It goes hand in hand... they make each other better because they're both talented.

Montana didn't make Rice. Manning didn't make Harrison or Wayne.

It's simple fact. If this is your way of putting Romo on a pedistal, good for you. But you make yourself look really, really clueless....and that happens way to much.
I only make myself look that way if you don't use common sense about what I am saying...

somehow you read that sh*t and said "Miles Austin f*ckin SUCKS!!!"...

just f*ckin "smarten up"...word to GOBB, lol
Old 12-20-2009, 01:56 AM   #10
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Next year is uncapped right?

Cowboys can sign him. And pretty much whoever the hell they please.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 01:57 AM   #11
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
as good as Austin is though, I really feel like Romo should get most of the credit for his success

You said that.

How is that not putting Romo on a pedistal and putting down Miles? What you said there is another way of saying Romo makes Austin, thus why he should get most of the credit.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:03 AM   #12
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
You said that.

How is that not putting Romo on a pedistal and putting down Miles? What you said there is another way of saying Romo makes Austin, thus why he should get most of the credit.
maybe "most" was too strong but he defnately deserves "some"...

you just completely ignored the begining of my post where I said Miles would be the #1 WR in the NFL had he started the first 4 games...like I didn't even write it...

I'll just say it like this...you throw Miles Austin on Seattle, and he "MIGHT" just become forgotten about like Housh...

It should be obvious that WR thrive off of good QBs...ask Randy Moss
Old 12-20-2009, 02:07 AM   #13
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18
Next year is uncapped right?

Cowboys can sign him. And pretty much whoever the hell they please.
even if it isn't, Jerry will never let him go...he has groomed him from the start...there is no way we would watch him grow like that for him to leave...

I forget who brought him here, that story...Miles went undrafted, just like Romo...
Old 12-20-2009, 02:10 AM   #14
LiL Stevie
Decent college freshman

LiL Stevie has decent reputation

Crayton and Roy need to give up their salaries to him. Good job Jerry, you overpaid for a #3 and a #2 WR (and I'm not even sure Roy is a #2 at this point).

Ogletree and Austin are the future
LiL Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 02:11 AM   #15
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

And quarterbacks thrive off good weapons. Why are you still going on about this?

Look at Bradys stats before he has Moss & Welker vs. when he does have them. Look at Cutler last year compared to this year.

And this part has got me shaking my head...

Quote:
you just completely ignored the begining of my post where I said Miles would be the #1 WR in the NFL had he started the first 4 games...like I didn't even write it...

You're saying something in a matter of fact way. You said he probably would be the number 1 reciever in yardage if he started all the way.... you aren't really complimenting him. It's like be saying if Welker played all the games this year he would have 140 receptions already. I'm not complimenting him, just making an observation.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: