Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-20-2009, 02:12 AM   #16
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: How rich is Miles Austin about to be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
I saw that this guy had talent last year in the preseason, but he got injured...

If I had videos... Oh man.

He killed people in the preseason last year.

I knew Miles Austin had what it takes in 2008... just didn't have confidence in his health (this year).... I thought he might be fragile.

(and yes I quoted myself)

The fact of the matter is Roy Williams got injured in that Denver loss early in the season... That might have saved of our season because Miles Austin had 250 yrds recieving in the next game.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 02:14 AM   #17
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Stevie
Crayton and Roy need to give up their salaries to him. Good job Jerry, you overpaid for a #3 and a #2 WR (and I'm not even sure Roy is a #2 at this point).

Ogletree and Austin are the future
I'm not sure Miles would have really been discovered had Jerry not done exactly what he did...

If he had not signed Roy, there is no way in hell he would have gotten rid of Owens...and with Owens on the team, Miles stays in the background...

yeah, this is gonna cost Jerry, but I am glad it happened exactly the way it did...

you know, as long as Roy doesn't b*tch, and accepts his role as a #2, I really don't even have a problem with him being an overpaid #2 WR...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 02:19 AM   #18
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here

Maybe we cut Roy?

he's good... but overpaid.

I give Roy one more year... one more year for Roy... if he can't start showing that he can make more plays next year... then we should he cut him.

too many drops.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:22 AM   #19
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Maybe we cut Roy?

he's good... but overpaid.

I give Roy one more year... one more year for Roy... if he can't start showing that he can make more plays next year... then we should he cut him.

too many drops.
Roy should now just be seen as "Miles Austin insurance"...lol

Like I said, as long as he doesn't complain or cause problems in the locker room, I don't care that he is overpaid...
Old 12-20-2009, 02:32 AM   #20
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

1st, 3rd, 6th, 2010 7th rounders. Why the hell was Jerry so desperate when the answer was already on the roster?
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 02:34 AM   #21
LiL Stevie
Decent college freshman

LiL Stevie has decent reputation

The thing about Roy is that he doesn't really do anything special. He's not a possession WR who can go across the middle and make catches in traffic to move the chains. He's not a deep threat because he's not very fast or elusive. He was supposed to have great leaping ability and hands like Fitzgerald but so far, I've seen more drops than acrobatic catches.

I knew coming in that Roy is not really a WR who gets a lot of 100 yard games but instead, his impact would be with the TDs. I don't think Roy will ever get 1000 yards here but his impact should be 8-10 TDs at least. I want to see him be more of a threat in the red zone, with his height, leaping ability, and supposed "good hands." Inside the 20, if he can be a WR that Romo can just throw it up to in 1 on 1 coverage and have him come down with it for a TD then he'll be worth it, even if doesn't get the yards. So far, he's dropped a lot of those fades that Romo has thrown to him at the goal line
LiL Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 02:37 AM   #22
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Hey Dooms, do you remember how Austin was brought to Dallas?

btw...READ THIS SH*T:

Quote:
With the release of Terrell Owens, Austin started the regular season as the Cowboys' No. 3 receiver. During free agency, the New York Jets looked at Austin but did not offer him a contract, possibly because they would have had to give the Cowboys a second-round draft pick in order to sign him.[5]

Jerry actually offered Miles for a #2 pick, and the Jets declined...
Old 12-20-2009, 02:40 AM   #23
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
1st, 3rd, 6th, 2010 7th rounders. Why the hell was Jerry so desperate when the answer was already on the roster?

I don't know the details of that trade... (Because I think we got a 4th rounder in return)

But I've always viewed that trade as our 1st round draft selection was spent on a WR... and we went with a vet.

That's what we needed.

(Because if TO got hurt we were screwed)

We only gave up a 3rd rounder...

It's the money we gave to Roy is what I have a problem with.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:43 AM   #24
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~

Jerry actually offered Miles for a #2 pick, and the Jets declined...

No... I think he was a resticted free agent...

It would of cost the jets a #2 if they wanted to offer more money for Miles Austin.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:45 AM   #25
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
No... I think he was a resticted free agent...

It would of cost the jets a #2 if they wanted to offer more money for Miles Austin.
he was brought on undrafted in 2006...I just want to know what coach should get the credit for giving him a shot...Parcells?...Sean Payton?...maybe Jerry?
Old 12-20-2009, 02:50 AM   #26
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
he was brought on undrafted in 2006...I just want to know what coach should get the credit for giving him a shot...Parcells?...Sean Payton?...maybe Jerry?

No credit for anybody... But i'd give it to Parcells if I had to give out credit.

I know the same situation applied to Romo... and Sean Payton, from what you told me deserves the credit.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:55 AM   #27
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
No credit for anybody... But i'd give it to Parcells if I had to give out credit.

I know the same situation applied to Romo... and Sean Payton, from what you told me deserves the credit.
yeah, Sean Payton coached Romo in college and brought him to Dallas when he saw that he never got drafted...

I have looked all over the net and can't find any info on how Miles got here, or who found him after he went undrafted...

it seems like I can remember hearing some sort of story behind it all, but I don't remember...

I doubt he was just a walk on because he is from Jersey, unless he just REALLY loved the Dallas Cowboys...lol

he had to have known a coach or something...
Old 12-20-2009, 03:04 AM   #28
Nanners
Decent college freshman

Nanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Romo is not a top 5 QB

Manning
Brees
Rivers
Brady
Rodgers
Big Ben
Favre
Warner
Schaub

are all better QB's than Romo imo

anyway, Miles definitely does deserve a nice payday, but I dont think he deserves top 5 money just yet. you dont give top 5 money to a guy who has only started 7 games.

Last edited by Nanners : 12-20-2009 at 03:08 AM.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 03:13 AM   #29
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
Romo is not a top 5 QB

Manning
Brees
Rivers
Brady
Rodgers
Big Ben
Favre
Warner
Schaub

are all better QB's than Romo imo

We were talking about this year..

Don't ever post here again.

Without even looking at stats... I'm sure Romo is better than Schaub, Warner, Big ben, and Rodgers

You should of added Mcnabb to that list.

Romo is putting together a great year... possibly top 5.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:18 AM   #30
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
We were talking about this year..

Don't ever post here again.

Without even looking at stats... I'm sure Romo is better than Schaub, Warner, Big ben, and Rodgers

You should of added Mcnabb to that list.

Romo is putting together a great year... possibly top 5.
you're wrong...lol...except for Warner

all he did pretty much was list every QB that has a better passer rating this year...except for Warner...

for the record I think you had it right at the around 6-8 area

Romo is better than Warner is now I think, and I don't see any reason to rank him under Schaub either...

Rodgers is also unproven and his numbers are almost identical to Romo's...

not top 5 yet I don't think, but he is right around the 6-8 range...

JMO

of course, if he has a 3 int performance in a must win game, then everyone will go right back to placing him at the very bottom...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: