Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-21-2009, 03:52 PM   #16
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Lovie Smith will be fired soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
I'd love that. Bears, fire him so Tampa can hire him in place of Raheem Morris.

He might be the Vinny Del Negro of the NFL, but at least Morris has his team playing hard for him. I can count at least 4 games this season where the Bears as an entire team basically quit as soon as the opening kickoff occurred.

I haven't seen a pro team mail it in this badly since the Knicks when Larry Brown was there. Just wait until the Lions beat them.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 04:29 PM   #17
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 is popular on this boardballinhun8 is popular on this boardballinhun8 is popular on this boardballinhun8 is popular on this boardballinhun8 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
The Bears have 2 big corners (a big asset nowadays) who are not being used correctly....They should be jamming the recievers all day and playing more man....Instead they sit back in zone with a pathetic pass rush, and let Qb's pick them apart. It's so hard to watch. Teams have figured out how to beat the so called "Tampa" 2. The Bears needs to get with the times. And no matter how much Lovie Gump wants to say we "get off the bus running." He needs to swallow his pride and admit they're not properly equipped to do so. Not to mention the defense isnt even good enough for them to run the ball, because they are constantly playing catch up!

I think when a good QB is going against a cover 2 D they lick their chops. Any good QB can pick it apart like nothing. Its like playing against a prevent D. If the only way to get an aggressive D scheme is to fire Lovie then so be it. But this D needs to go. Im sick of lite in the azz linemen getting blown up by any decent oline and out LB's dropping back and covering nothing. Lance Briggs is as good as any top LB in the league but a lot of his abilities are being wasted in this scheme.

Agreed on everything you said. I can't stand watching Tillman just letting WR's go by because the safety is supposed to pick them up. The DL started nice in the first couple games but has been non-existent. This team has lost its heart, they don't play with the passion like last years team. Last year against NO and GB, I can remember the defense stepping up on 4th downs and blocked FG's and bringing us back to playoff contention. This year, we've got no one stepping up. Maybe it's losing Urlacher but still, I would've thought at least somebody like Briggs would be a locker room leader.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:36 PM   #18
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
The Bears have 2 big corners (a big asset nowadays) who are not being used correctly....They should be jamming the recievers all day and playing more man....Instead they sit back in zone with a pathetic pass rush, and let Qb's pick them apart. It's so hard to watch. Teams have figured out how to beat the so called "Tampa" 2. The Bears needs to get with the times. And no matter how much Lovie Gump wants to say we "get off the bus running." He needs to swallow his pride and admit they're not properly equipped to do so. Not to mention the defense isnt even good enough for them to run the ball, because they are constantly playing catch up!

I think when a good QB is going against a cover 2 D they lick their chops. Any good QB can pick it apart like nothing. Its like playing against a prevent D. If the only way to get an aggressive D scheme is to fire Lovie then so be it. But this D needs to go. Im sick of lite in the azz linemen getting blown up by any decent oline and out LB's dropping back and covering nothing. Lance Briggs is as good as any top LB in the league but a lot of his abilities are being wasted in this scheme.

In a way they sorta remind me of the Raiders. Decent defense and an offense that the defense has/had no confidence in. The DC sucks and I think whoever your OC is hasn't done a good job of play calling either. Your OL hasn't been able to open up lanes for your rb's and Forte's versatily as a good pass catcher out the back field doesn't seem to have been utilized at all either.

Doesn't seem to be anyone really coaching Cutler or willing to sit him if he refuses to listen. The WR situation needs to be upgraded asap as well. Trying to make Hester anything more than a #3 or #4 wideout is silly. Your rookie wr is very talented and could be a future #1 wr, but I think they need to bring in some veteran leadership at the wr spot that is proven. DL needs to be upgraded as well. Tommie Harris has been hurt or inconsistent all year right? Don't know who the d/e are at all.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:36 PM   #19
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

10-27, 94 yds and 3 ints for cutler against the ravens. another day at the office for the worst starting qb in he nfl.
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 02:05 PM   #20
GreatGreg
College star

GreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
A close friend of Mike Shanahan's said the Chicago native and two-time Super Bowl winning coach with the Denver Broncos would be "extremely interested" if the Bears' head-coaching job were to become vacant.

"The job is really attractive to Mike," the friend said. "It's home [with relatives of his, including his dad, in the Chicago area, and wife Peggy's family still in the Bloomington area]. It's a great challenge because that roster needs to be made over, and the one guy there to build the team around is the one guy he has already built a team around and with whom he has a tremendous comfort level, Jay Cutler."

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/co...ssa&id=4770648
GreatGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 06:44 PM   #21
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 is popular on this boardballinhun8 is popular on this boardballinhun8 is popular on this boardballinhun8 is popular on this boardballinhun8 is popular on this board

ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:34 PM   #22
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've been a Bear fan for way to many years , but I do like Lovie Smith , but he needs to move on.
The Bears have many holes that need to be filled , and the team is in a perfect position to acquire a high profile coach and have him taylor make it to a playoff team.

The decades of run it down your throat , and play defense is way over done in this time period and new decade.

Cowher would be great , and he would be a great fit , because he would be moving from his ex-AFC conference to the NFC.

And the same holds true for Shannahan - who I think the Bears have their eye on.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:17 AM   #23
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nf...ory?id=4797298

Quote:
Lovie Smith is expected to be retained as coach of the Chicago Bears, a league source tells ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The announcement is expected to come at a 3 p.m. ET news conference Tuesday.
Quote:
The Bears assistant coaches all went home at noon on Monday and were told to come back Tuesday morning, Schefter reported. Smith and general manager Jerry Angelo were meeting Monday evening, and Angelo was expected to inform Smith that he needs to make changes to his coaching staff.

On Monday at Halas Hall, players expressed support for their head coach.

"I know that across the locker room that we think that he should be here," linebacker Hunter Hillenmeyer said after a team meeting with Smith. "I'm under the impression that he will be. I certainly hope he will be. And that's the way he talked to us today."

Defensive end Adewale Ogunleye said he is confident Smith and his staff can get the Chicago Bears back to the Super Bowl.

"In this league, any coach can do it," Ogunleye said, adding that a coach needs a little bit of luck and the right players playing well. "At the end of the day, it comes on us as the players. We just weren't consistent enough."
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:30 PM   #24
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Defensive end Adewale Ogunleye said he is confident Smith and his staff can get the Chicago Bears back to the Super Bowl.

Ogunleye is leaving anyway.

They are a looooooooong way from the SB with that roster. They've got no good draft pick to use negotiate some decent trades to land any kind of impactful players.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:34 PM   #25
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm watching the Bears Press Conference right now, Lovie Smith and Jerry Angelo are coming back for next season. Ron Turner is gone, amoung others.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:44 PM   #26
GreatGreg
College star

GreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
I'm watching the Bears Press Conference right now, Lovie Smith and Jerry Angelo are coming back for next season. Ron Turner is gone, amoung others.
Eh. At least Turner is gone...
GreatGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:36 PM   #27
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

Doesn't matter who's running that offense, as long as they have a doormat offensive line and an average WR core, they're not going to do much better.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: