Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 10-31-2006, 12:39 PM   #1
imjustlikemusiq
Speak To Me Cleanly

Default The Issue At The Center Position

Etan Thomas is officially named the starting center of the team. This to me is a joke. Haywood is the better talent by a mile, and will have the starting job back by December, if he isnt traded. Etan Thomas is too slow footed and thus, will find himself in serious foul trouble. I could see a situation where Haywood gets dealt to a team in desperate need for a Center, such as, Seattle. Maybe a deal sending Daniels back to Seattle along with Haywood in exchange for a first round pick in 08'. Maybe thats a stretch, but Im just grasping.
imjustlikemusiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 05:16 PM   #2
RidonKs
NBA Legend

I've always liked Etan, but I think I agree that Haywood might be better with the starting job. I like to have a guy like Etan to come off the bench and provide some hustle and energy, and be a rebounder, doing the small things. Haywood's obviously better offensively (although he's no Bynum ), so he should be given the starting job. Although isn't he a notorious slacker and just doesn't work hard at all? That may be the reason for the lineup change, as opposed to ability.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 07:46 PM   #3
hoopsididitagain
Got Some Game

I agree that Haywood is the better player, but he can be very inconsistent. Etan Thomas isn't really a true Center, but is a good rebounder and will help the team there, but Haywood will have the spot back by December.
hoopsididitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 01:45 AM   #4
The Wiz
Can barely lace up my sneakers

I have really been impressed with Etan Thomas so far this year. He has provided some good rebounds and really seems to be working hard especially for the ofensive bounds. I also was one at the beginning of the season who thought Haywood should have the job, but Thomas is holding his own.
The Wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: