Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-25-2009, 12:18 AM   #31
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

Default Re: Peyton Manning = G.O.A.T.?

As for the OP question, no, i do not think Peyton Manning is the GOAT, nor will I think that after this season, regardless of what happens. I think Montana is.
Juges8932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:06 AM   #32
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juges8932
Dude, give me a break. I know it's a team sport, and fball is the most team-oriented sport as far as success goes, but Romo is a flat-out choker. He constantly ****s up in crucial situations. Sure, it isn't all on the QB, but when year after year, he fails to deliver, even with a stacked team, I don't think it's unfair to put the blame on Romo. He hasn't even won a playoff game.
^^^ SEE CARBINE???

the sad part is, this dude is serious when he says "CONSTANTLY"...when the truth is there is just one muffed snap...AND THAT IS IT!!!

he played poorly against the Eagles week 17 last year...true, but it didn't matter the enite "TEAM" played like sh*t...

Romo will never get any cred without a ring...and Peyton will never get any type of "unanimous" GOAT rec without "rings" either...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:21 AM   #33
Nanners
College star

Quote:
Romo will never get any cred without a ring...and Peyton will never get any type of "unanimous" GOAT rec without "rings" either...

Romo and Manning are in completely different situations and should not even go in the same sentence. You dont need rings to get "cred", you do need rings to be considered the unanimous GOAT.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:29 AM   #34
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
Romo and Manning are in completely different situations and should not even go in the same sentence. You dont need rings to get "cred", you do need rings to be considered the unanimous GOAT.
it was a way of showing Carbine that his theory that wins/rings mean nothing for a QB is wrong...

as a Dallas fan, I am more than aware that winning means EVERYTHING for a QB to be taken seriously...regardless of his stats...

keep up...
Old 12-25-2009, 01:39 AM   #35
Nanners
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
it was a way of showing Carbine that his theory that wins/rings mean nothing for a QB is wrong...

as a Dallas fan, I am more than aware that winning means EVERYTHING for a QB to be taken seriously...regardless of his stats...

keep up...

Hey wise guy, you just said word for word that Romo wouldnt get any "cred" until he got a ring. Maybe you have some strange definition of the word "cred", but I can think of plenty of players with "cred" that never won a ring. Foe example, Drew Brees has barely won more than Romo, but thanks to his insane stats he has a lot more "cred".

Dan Marino never got a ring, does he have "cred"?

keep up....
Old 12-25-2009, 01:43 AM   #36
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Hey wise guy, you just said word for word that Romo wouldnt get any "cred" until he got a ring. Maybe you have some strange definition of the word "cred", but I can think of plenty of players with "cred" that never won a ring. Foe example, Drew Brees has barely won more than Romo, but thanks to his insane stats he has a lot more "cred".

keep up....
no, if he fails to "WIN" this post season he will lose his cred...

and if he never ever wins a ring he will never be in top 10 talks...

it is just how it works for QBs, a team has to win in order for the QB to be taken seriously...

Dan Marino is the ONLY QB that doesn't have a ring, that is found in top 10 lists...and even he at least played in a SB...

face it, that is just the way it is, and the way it always will be...winning and QB status go hand in hand...
Old 12-25-2009, 01:51 AM   #37
Nanners
College star

Quote:
no, if he fails to "WIN" this post season he will lose his cred...

and if he never ever wins a ring he will never be in top 10 talks...

Your posts are so confusing, I need some clarification before i respond to this gem. I assume you are referring to Romo here? top 10 of all time or top 10 current in the NFL?

Quote:
it is just how it works for QBs, a team has to win in order for the QB to be taken seriously...

Dan Marino is the ONLY QB that doesn't have a ring, that is found in top 10 lists...and even he at least played in a SB...

face it, that is just the way it is, and the way it always will be...winning and QB status go hand in hand...

You have never heard of Dan Fouts have you?
Old 12-25-2009, 01:56 AM   #38
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Your posts are so confusing, I need some clarification before i respond to this gem. I assume you are referring to Romo here? top 10 of all time or top 10 current in the NFL?
you're just slow...it is simple

In order for a QB to be taken seriously, he needs to WIN GAMES...

for Romo that is just being taken serioulsy in general...

for Peyton, that we are talking about being taken serioulsy as the GOAT...

Carbine came in here an said that wins shouldn't matter when rating QBs, as it is a team sport...I used Romo as an example of why he is wrong...do you get it???
Quote:
You have never heard of Dan Fouts have you?
yes...I have also heard of Warren Moon and Jim Kelly...

NONE of those guys are top 10 QBs...however, if any of them had a ring or two, then maybe they would be...

thank you, Dan Fouts is a great example of a QB who lacks cred because of no ring...
Old 12-25-2009, 02:14 AM   #39
Nanners
College star

It is impossible to have any kind of intelligent discussion with you. You argue in circles while slightly changing your position every post until there is often no semblence of a coherent message left behind. Your terrible wording and grammar make it very difficult to figure out exactly who or what you are talking about, and when someone misunderstands your jumbled garbage, they are the ones who are "slow"

If I understand what you are saying now correctly, I agree completely with your overall message. Wins, in paticular post-season wins, are an extremely important factor when ranking the GOAT of any sport. Why didnt you just say that, instead of all this confusing garbage about your butt buddy Romo?
Old 12-25-2009, 02:25 AM   #40
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
It is impossible to have any kind of intelligent discussion with you. You argue in circles while slightly changing your position every post until there is often no semblence of a coherent message left behind. Your terrible wording and grammar make it very difficult to figure out exactly who or what you are talking about, and when someone misunderstands your jumbled garbage, they are the ones who are "slow"

If I understand what you are saying now correctly, I agree completely with your overall message. Wins, in paticular post-season wins, are an extremely important factor when ranking the GOAT of any sport. Why didnt you just say that, instead of all this confusing garbage about your butt buddy Romo?
I said that from the start...HERE IS MY FIRST POST ON IT:
Quote:
Marino has no rings, there are some people that call him the greatest...

in fact, there are some people that already call Peyton the greatest right now...

I for one do think that rings matter with the QB position...can any of you telling me why Romo isn't elite without using the word "WINNING"...

right now I have Montana as the undisputed GOAT...if Peyton leads his team to an 19-0 season, along with an MVP and a SBMVP...and on top of that, he is on pace to touch alot of all time records...it is impossible to argue against it...

my posts are simple and easy to understand...you either just like to argue, or you're dumb...sorry
Old 12-25-2009, 02:49 AM   #41
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

**** Peyton. Wait for Curtis Painter to get his shot in Buffalo.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 02:54 AM   #42
Nanners
College star

Quote:
I said that from the start...HERE IS MY FIRST POST ON IT: "can any of you telling me why Romo isn't elite without using the word "WINNING"... "

my posts are simple and easy to understand...you either just like to argue, or you're dumb...sorry

Saying that "i think rings are important for QBs, can someone tell me why Romo is not elite without using the word winning?" is not the same as saying wins are the most important thing when ranking a quarterback. I can tell you right now without using the word winning that Romo is not an elite QB elite because he relies too heavily on big plays to get his yards, he is too turnover/mistake prone, and he does not have elite QB fundamentals.

Anyway, if you want to play the "you should have read this in my earlier post card", you could have read my earlier post and pointed out that we were in agreement the entire time.

Quote:
Sure there is more that goes into winning a championship than one player, but to say tht the ring vs ring argument is close to irrelevant is ridiculous. I think post-season success is extremely important when determining the GOAT of any sport

Last edited by Nanners : 12-25-2009 at 02:59 AM.
Old 12-25-2009, 02:59 AM   #43
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Nanners...I really have no idea what you are trying to prove in here...

you started argueing with me...not the other way around
Old 12-25-2009, 03:05 AM   #45
Nanners
College star

Quote:
Nanners...I really have no idea what you are trying to prove in here...

you started argueing with me...not the other way around

yeah you are right, there is nothing to prove here. I did start arguing with you, and that is because i misunderstood your post - your comment about Romo needing rings to get "cred" in this thread about the GOAT confused me.

Bottom line - to be considered the GOAT you need playoff wins, lots of them

Last edited by Nanners : 12-25-2009 at 03:09 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: