Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-27-2009, 01:20 PM   #106
FinishHim!
I dunk on kids

FinishHim! is popular on this boardFinishHim! is popular on this boardFinishHim! is popular on this boardFinishHim! is popular on this board
Default Re: Peyton Manning = G.O.A.T.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I simply pointed out it was wrong which it was. You choose to engage in an argument. Blame your pride on that one pal.
I still don't agree. It's not debatable that Brady came into the league with a better team. Manning's team was 3-13, not debatable. Defense ranked 28th in the league, also not debatable. Receivers he came in with were not superstars prior to his arrival, also not debatable (even you admitted to this). So where exactly did you win?
FinishHim! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 04:41 PM   #107
Nanners
Good college starter

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAWN
montana>brady>manning

sorry broham

im glad at least one or two people in this thread know what they are talking about
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 04:51 PM   #108
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinishHim!
I still don't agree. It's not debatable that Brady came into the league with a better team. Manning's team was 3-13, not debatable. Defense ranked 28th in the league, also not debatable. Receivers he came in with were not superstars prior to his arrival, also not debatable (even you admitted to this). So where exactly did you win?

You dont agree because you arent a bright football fan.

Look at the offensive skill players Manning had when he went 13-3, then follow who also came along during the years.

Look at the offensive skill players Tom Brady had when he first took over the job (2001) then follow who came along during the years.

If you cant see who worked with less then you are blind. Tom Brady never had a legit #1 WR until Randy Moss arrived. His best recievers have been Troy Brown and Deion Branch, neither #1 WRs. He had Antoine Smith at RB.

Where is your argument showing me Manning did more with less? Where is it?

Defense and special teams Manning never worked with. And surely you're not going to say the Colts defense sucked so bad that you include that with "doing more with less" argument. You cant even support/defend your own damn argument. Face it.

If I'm offbase, wrong, talkin out my ass? Colts fans, NE Pats fans can call me on it. So far none have responded. I wonder why? You disagree there is no Santa, but its a fact that jolly fat guy in a red suit isnt real. Your mom and dad wrap those presents after they use thier credit/cash to purchase them.

Keep getting owned, I'm absolutely loving it.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 05:48 PM   #109
FinishHim!
I dunk on kids

FinishHim! is popular on this boardFinishHim! is popular on this boardFinishHim! is popular on this boardFinishHim! is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
If I'm offbase, wrong, talkin out my ass? Colts fans, NE Pats fans can call me on it. So far none have responded. I wonder why? You disagree there is no Santa, but its a fact that jolly fat guy in a red suit isnt real. Your mom and dad wrap those presents after they use thier credit/cash to purchase them.

Keep getting owned, I'm absolutely loving it.

Quote:
I'd say the Manning/Harrison duo was 65/35 Peyton. Marvin was a good receiver his first two seasons, but he showed nothing to lead anyone to believe he'd become so utterly dominant over the next 7-8 years until Peyton arrived.

Brandon Stokley had a 1,000+ yard, 10 TD season while playing with Peyton. His second best season was just 629 yards and 5 TDs.

Austin Collie, a 4th round pick, is leading all rookie receivers in touchdowns (7) and receptions (53) and is 6th in yardage.

Pierre Garcon, a 6th round pick out of DIII Mt. Union, has 47 receptions, 765 yards, and 4 touchdowns.

It's clear Peyton raises his receivers level of play by at least 2-3 levels. Give Peyton even a moderately talented receiver and he's turning him into a near Pro Bowler (Stokley). Give him a talented reciever, and he's turning them into a potential Hall of Famer (Harrison, Wayne).
Mista Kool is offline Reply With Quote

They haven't responded? Really?
FinishHim! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 05:59 PM   #110
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Thats ur response? Comedy.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:44 PM   #111
Mista Kool
Rape Is Wrong

Mista Kool has not been impressing people

Peyton Manning's legend grew even larger today. The team went from 14-0 to looking 0-14 worthy with him on the bench. Put Manning on Detroit and the Lions are a playoff team. You can't say that about any other QB in the history of the league.

Last edited by Mista Kool : 12-27-2009 at 07:53 PM.
Mista Kool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:51 PM   #112
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Wayne & Clark didn't play either.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 08:02 PM   #113
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Kool
Peyton Manning's legend grew even larger today. The team went from 14-0 to looking 0-14 worthy with him on the bench. Put Manning on Detroit and the Lions are a playoff team. You can't say that about any other QB in the history of the league.
Montana went to the crappy Chiefs and they went straight to the AFC Championship game...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 08:18 PM   #114
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
Montana went to the crappy Chiefs and they went straight to the AFC Championship game...

The Chiefs won 10+ games and went to the playoffs the 3 years before they traded for Montana and got Marcus Allen
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 08:19 PM   #115
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Montana also played like GARBAGE in that championship game.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:39 PM   #116
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Kool

yes the colts with the majority of their good players out including manning looked like a 0-14 worthy team, what the hell kind of point are you trying to make
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: