Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-23-2009, 11:50 PM   #1
triangleoffense
Lakers 14-15 go

triangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default State of the Spurs

Well it's 30 games in, theres a lot of basketball yet to be played but losing to the Trailblazers without Roy, Przybilla and Oden while having all of the big 3 healthy as well as a healthy vastly improved bench doesn't look great. Where are the Spurs going with their "big 4?" Jefferson has not produced as much as they hoped he would. Ginobli is a shell of himself and the Spurs are just not gelling as well as they should. I know Pop likes to experiment with the lineup before the "rodeo" road-trip in February but the spurs should be better than 15-11. Thoughts?
triangleoffense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:58 PM   #2
KB2009Champ
Local High School Star

KB2009Champ has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: State of the Spurs

I didnt watch the game but how the hell do you lose when Roy isnt playing, you have your best players healthy and you are at home?

Pathetic.

Where ya'll at spurs fans?

At the same time, you have to give the blazers their props,. They play hard regardless. I like teams like that. You can put the Rockets in that category too.
KB2009Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:01 AM   #3
spursdynasty420
Banned

spursdynasty420 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayspursdynasty420 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

i dont really know where we are at. pretty pissed off after that loss but look at the standings
we are 15-11 with a win tonight we would of been in 5th seeding. all west teams have played more games then the spurs so it will even out. if you are asking wether we are worried about playoff seeding definately not. we could end up being #2 the way the west is. the seeding will be there. a little worried about ginobili though i dont think hes 100 percent. we need bonner and finley back.
spursdynasty420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:02 AM   #4
GabeIsGone
Decent playground baller

GabeIsGone has decent reputation

Parker is probably the best score-first point guard in the game, which is fine as long as you dont need him to playmake. Now manu has declined and there is really no one else on the team who can create. RJ can't, Duncan is good for a big man but is still a pf not a guard, Dice/Bonner can't. And their backup pg is also a score first pointguard.

So now Parker is being asked to be a real pg, something he really has never had to do, and score less. But things aren't going so well, he is stagnating the offense and his TO are up. Things aren't helped by the fact that manu has not gotten back to the level he used to be at (and it is questionable if he ever will), and the new guys are taking a while to fit in.

Their future success depends mostly on the ability of parker to lift his game and start playmaking more.

Whats sad is that Duncan has been playing lights out and despite all the off-season moves, is still having to carry the team.
GabeIsGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:04 AM   #5
JustinJDW

JustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this board

Uhm.....sorry for the loss? I don't get what we are suppose to say?

How come nobody makes threads about us when we win?
JustinJDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:04 AM   #6
kurple
NBA All-star

kurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation here

They are just chillin' till the playoffs
kurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:07 AM   #7
Biddy77
Keyless' gimmick acct

Biddy77 has a terrific reputationBiddy77 has a terrific reputationBiddy77 has a terrific reputationBiddy77 has a terrific reputationBiddy77 has a terrific reputationBiddy77 has a terrific reputation

I wouldn't be too worried. The Spurs are still better than Portland. The Spurs just got beat by the unexpected. If we met with the lineups in the same state a month from now, or if we had entered the game with Joel and Roy, I would expect a Spurs win.

The element of surprise doesn't just help in war. We got great production out of Howard, and our young guys surprised the Spurs with a scrappy, swarming defense-by-committee that plugged up the paint. Given time to prepare, the Spurs would likely use more inside-out sets, and wear us out by shooting over the top. They would also likely pack it in even more and relegate us to a jump shooting team-- which has been painful for us lately.

Bayless would still have a huge game if we gave him the touches and the green light to attack at will. Many of the other guys have been up-and-down, though.
Biddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:09 AM   #8
Phong
Decent college freshman

Phong has a terrific reputationPhong has a terrific reputationPhong has a terrific reputationPhong has a terrific reputationPhong has a terrific reputationPhong has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinJDW
How come nobody makes threads about us when we win?
Probably because most of the Spurs wins were against mediocre teams?
Phong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:10 AM   #9
JustinJDW

JustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this board

I am going to love bumping all these threads back to the front page come Playoff time.
JustinJDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:13 AM   #10
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinJDW
I am going to love bumping all these threads back to the front page come Playoff time.

When they're bounced out in the first, or second round? This team isnt "it" anymore man.

They should look into making some trades at this point, because thus far, I dont see this team making ANY real noise.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:41 AM   #11
magnax1
Not a mormon

magnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

They've lost alot on defense the past three years. Especially Duncan.
magnax1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:44 AM   #12
triangleoffense
Lakers 14-15 go

triangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeIsGone
Parker is probably the best score-first point guard in the game, which is fine as long as you dont need him to playmake. Now manu has declined and there is really no one else on the team who can create. RJ can't, Duncan is good for a big man but is still a pf not a guard, Dice/Bonner can't. And their backup pg is also a score first pointguard.

So now Parker is being asked to be a real pg, something he really has never had to do, and score less. But things aren't going so well, he is stagnating the offense and his TO are up. Things aren't helped by the fact that manu has not gotten back to the level he used to be at (and it is questionable if he ever will), and the new guys are taking a while to fit in.

Their future success depends mostly on the ability of parker to lift his game and start playmaking more.

Whats sad is that Duncan has been playing lights out and despite all the off-season moves, is still having to carry the team.

Hmm Interesting. I'm asking because I haven't watched a Spurs game the entire season, not even that Spurs-Celtics game. Like I mentioned, Pop likes to tinkle with the lineups until February so I guess that's a factor as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinJDiot

No one is attacking your team bra, I was just wondering what spurs fans felt the direction the team is going. What do you guys think about RJ? Bust?
triangleoffense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 05:48 AM   #13
chitownsfinest
Local High School Star

chitownsfinest has decent reputation

The Spurs simply cannot beat playoff caliber teams anymore. I mean look at how they have done this season against them:
Lost 3 times to Utah
Lost twice to Portland
1-1 against Dallas
Lost to the Suns
Lost to the Nuggets
Lost to the Celtics
Lost to the Thunder
Won against the Rockets
That is the most telling stat about them imo. They are a combined 2-10 against those teams and can't win on the road either. As someone who watches a lot of their games, they always seem to get close to teams in the 4th and pull within three late, but can't close out games and end up losing against good teams. ginobili has had a problem of playing well against good teams and bad against bad teams, and Parker had been inconsistent as well. Duncan is the only one consistent for them and they also have a lot of stretches where they play sloppy, really un-Spur like.
chitownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 06:31 AM   #14
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB2009Champ
I didnt watch the game but how the hell do you lose when Roy isnt playing, you have your best players healthy and you are at home?

Pathetic.

Where ya'll at spurs fans?

At the same time, you have to give the blazers their props,. They play hard regardless. I like teams like that. You can put the Rockets in that category too.

Portland were on a back to back as well which is more of a eye opener to me.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:31 AM   #15
dallaslonghorn
Local High School Star

dallaslonghorn has decent reputation

It's pretty simple really. Having Matt Bonner or Antonio McDyess guard perimeter big men isn't a strategy, it is suicide.

Look at their possible playoff opponents:

Lakers (Odom)
Mavs (Dirk)
Suns (Amare, Frye)
Jazz (Okur)
Blazers (Aldridge)

They CANNOT match-up with any of these teams. Until the Spurs address this problem, they are not a threat to do anything in the West.
dallaslonghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: