Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-27-2009, 10:18 AM   #1
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default Trying to get the 2010 draft pick back

There may be a window to get the pick back from Utah

Chris Duhon is a backup in this league. In Utah's system he'd be a very good backup. Kyle Korver gets no run in Utah right now.

On top of that it is looking more and more like the Knicks will fight their way into the playoffs. If near the trade deadline the Knicks have a playoff spot that pick may lose value to Utah, while it can not decrease in value to the Knicks.

So what do you think of trying to trade Duhon for Korver and the rights to that pick?
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 10:56 AM   #2
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board
Default Re: Trying to get the 2010 draft pick back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
There may be a window to get the pick back from Utah

Chris Duhon is a backup in this league. In Utah's system he'd be a very good backup. Kyle Korver gets no run in Utah right now.

On top of that it is looking more and more like the Knicks will fight their way into the playoffs. If near the trade deadline the Knicks have a playoff spot that pick may lose value to Utah, while it can not decrease in value to the Knicks.

So what do you think of trying to trade Duhon for Korver and the rights to that pick?

The only downside I see to this is, if Duhon plays like he has been playing this season for the Knicks, Sloan won't give him any floor time. Jerry Sloan runs his team with an iron fist and if you aren't pulling your own weight, you're planted on the pine. Especially on the defensive side.

I'm wondering if we are doing anything with Orlando still. I mean N8 for Redick? (Redick is 45% from 3 pt territory this year, something we need). Not sure about Korver. Haven't heard/read anything lately. N8 can be traded now, so I'm waiting for something to happen.

Last edited by earlofupstate : 12-27-2009 at 10:58 AM.
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:39 AM   #3
Knicks101
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Knicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Would you guys trade a first round pick for Chris Duhon?
Knicks101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:41 AM   #4
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicks101

Now what team would be that desperate?
Old 12-27-2009, 12:17 PM   #5
JayJay23
I airball my layups

JayJay23 has an OK reputation so far

when are the trade deadlines, are trades able to go ahead right now?
JayJay23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:28 PM   #6
jlawdrummer
Serious playground baller

jlawdrummer has an OK reputation so far

Trades may happen now, yes. The Deadline is in February I think.
jlawdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:14 PM   #7
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlofupstate
Now what team would be that desperate?

The Knicks.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:46 PM   #8
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

Very funny Bano. When Isiah was running the ship, we were the laughing stock of the NBA. Now that Donnie is here, not anymore. He even got Chicago to take Jerome James.

By the way, I think Del Negro is bye-bye in Chicago. I was wondering when anyway.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:01 PM   #9
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicks101
Poorly written on my part. Obviously Utah would want more than Duhon. I was just looking to see if people are willing to roll the dice on dropping the only "true" PG on the roster in an effort to get the pick back.

The only reason I think Utah would consider listening is because at some point they have to realize that Deron Williams career will be cut short if they continue to play him how they do.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:15 PM   #10
Knicks101
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Knicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Poorly written on my part. Obviously Utah would want more than Duhon. I was just looking to see if people are willing to roll the dice on dropping the only "true" PG on the roster in an effort to get the pick back.

The only reason I think Utah would consider listening is because at some point they have to realize that Deron Williams career will be cut short if they continue to play him how they do.

Yeah, I'd trade Duhon in a heartbeat for anyone's first round pick. Douglas and Hughes would do a good enough job running the point when he's gone. Or we could sign a PG to replace him.
Knicks101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:37 PM   #11
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I would love to have the pick back. I don't see Utah doing this at all.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:17 AM   #12
Huey Freeman
PAO

Huey Freeman has decent reputationHuey Freeman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlofupstate
I'm wondering if we are doing anything with Orlando still. I mean N8 for Redick? (Redick is 45% from 3 pt territory this year, something we need). Not sure about Korver. Haven't heard/read anything lately. N8 can be traded now, so I'm waiting for something to happen.
Redick is not on the table (especially not for Nate since Orlando already has 3 PGs), Orlando doesn't have many shooting guards and Redick is finally getting into his groove because for the first time he's getting minutes.
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:18 PM   #13
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

No one giving up a first for duhon thats funny....

the knicks could try to buy it back but since Booze will be traded or leave at the end of the year the Jazz arent that desperate.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 08:16 PM   #14
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

wed have to give up expirers and pretty much anyone they want
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:55 PM   #15
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Yea I can't see us getting the pick back at this point.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: