Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-30-2009, 11:15 AM   #16
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

Default Re: Trying to get the 2010 draft pick back

Donnie might package our 2 second rd picks for someone's 1st rd pick, who knows?
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:28 PM   #17
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

true....i desperately want back in the 1st round n i dont see it as being unrealistic.especially nowadays.the economy is affecting the draft for the 1st time maybe ever.teams are willing to trade 1st rounders for cash.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 09:43 AM   #18
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
true....i desperately want back in the 1st round n i dont see it as being unrealistic.especially nowadays.the economy is affecting the draft for the 1st time maybe ever.teams are willing to trade 1st rounders for cash.

Walsh: "I'd like uhhhm. that first round pick."
Nets GM: "Okay, that will be $99,95."
Walsh: Sucka.

John Wall BABY

No, but I guess we might buy the picks of contenders. They dont need it, and some of them have payroll issues. We got Toney Douglas with this method last year, why not get a couple this year. I believe OKC has 3 picks, in the first round.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 11:22 AM   #19
jlawdrummer
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
Walsh: "I'd like uhhhm. that first round pick."
Nets GM: "Okay, that will be $99,95."
Walsh: Sucka.

John Wall BABY

No, but I guess we might buy the picks of contenders. They dont need it, and some of them have payroll issues. We got Toney Douglas with this method last year, why not get a couple this year. I believe OKC has 3 picks, in the first round.

It's possible we can buy some late 1st/1sts but I doubt OKC does any selling. They're still young and it's not as if they're completely set for backups at all positions, or for a starter at C for that matter. And they're still under cap by a bit. Getting young, cheap, up to 4-year long contracts out of the draft's 1st round is exactly what OKC wants right now.
jlawdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:28 AM   #20
XCLegend
Can barely lace up my sneakers

There are plenty of 2010 picks available.

OKC already has 12 people on contract for next year, 9 of which are still on their rookie contract, they don't need more young players. They have two 1st round picks next year, they don't need that much young talent. They essentially already have their rotation set from PG through SF. Their picks are very available.

Memphis has three picks, their own plus Denver and the Lakers. They have 9 people under contract plus Rudy Gay, and most of their starters and reserves are young. They won't need both of their late picks. Plus this franchise is always cash poor.

Minnesota has their own 1st and 2nd round picks plus potential Utah and Charlotte depending on their records. They're not set at all but with that many picks some should be available.

NJ Nets have their own 1st and 2nd round picks plus Dallas's pick. We all know they suck, but they have two building blocks, plus a few role players. They are a young team, and they will trade their later two picks if it will help them land the solid veterans they need.

Portland's pick is available possibly. They have tons of young talent when healthy, do they need more? They already have 11 men under contract next year, plus Victor Claver overseas, all of which are young except Miller and Przybilla. Ignoring the injuries for a second, whoever they draft probably can't crack the rotation, so they should be willing to part with the pick for a veteran.

Don't forget 2nd Round picks, they have value and the Knicks need to fill a lot of spots next season.
XCLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:54 AM   #21
Knicks101
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCLegend
There are plenty of 2010 picks available.

OKC already has 12 people on contract for next year, 9 of which are still on their rookie contract, they don't need more young players. They have two 1st round picks next year, they don't need that much young talent. They essentially already have their rotation set from PG through SF. Their picks are very available.

Memphis has three picks, their own plus Denver and the Lakers. They have 9 people under contract plus Rudy Gay, and most of their starters and reserves are young. They won't need both of their late picks. Plus this franchise is always cash poor.

Minnesota has their own 1st and 2nd round picks plus potential Utah and Charlotte depending on their records. They're not set at all but with that many picks some should be available.

NJ Nets have their own 1st and 2nd round picks plus Dallas's pick. We all know they suck, but they have two building blocks, plus a few role players. They are a young team, and they will trade their later two picks if it will help them land the solid veterans they need.

Portland's pick is available possibly. They have tons of young talent when healthy, do they need more? They already have 11 men under contract next year, plus Victor Claver overseas, all of which are young except Miller and Przybilla. Ignoring the injuries for a second, whoever they draft probably can't crack the rotation, so they should be willing to part with the pick for a veteran.

Don't forget 2nd Round picks, they have value and the Knicks need to fill a lot of spots next season.

Thanks for the info. Based on this we should be able to get at least one first round pick.
Knicks101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:39 PM   #22
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicks101
Thanks for the info. Based on this we should be able to get at least one first round pick.

Hopefully DW will work his magic and get us back a 1st rd pick. If not Dolan should buy 1-2 from anybody.
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: