Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-28-2009, 08:36 AM   #121
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: NFL week 16

^^You pretty much hit the nail on the head when talking about Ohioans and their sporting interests. No matter how much winning the other teams do around here, this state is primarily Browns/Buckeyes territory first and foremost.

Even here in southeast Ohio, Browns fans are tops in this region. Every Sunday, I still see tons of people uptown at the bars and what not rooting on their Brownies. Now, as much as I love my Bengals, I don't see that same sort of spirit when the team has a losing season. Even in this current winning season, the fans have been a bit slow to embrace. Although, I gotta tell you, from someone who was personally there, it meant ALOT for us to beat the Steelers at home back in September. I could only have IMAGINED the reaction, though, at Cleveland Browns Stadium, when they took down Pittsburgh.

Should the Browns ever find any consistency and return to the playoffs, or perhaps even make a deep run, it will capture the interest of the state unlike anything else. Cleveland Browns Stadium, if they ever again get to host an AFC title game, would be an absolute MADHOUSE. Winning something substantial would mean so much to the people there, who have to deal with people making fun of the city all the time, and what not. It would do wonders for civic pride.

I get the sense that beating the Steelers was more than just a football game for Clevelanders. Coming from someone who lived in Pittsburgh, Cleveland was ALWAYS getting made fun of. Lots of tension and frustration was released after that win.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:56 AM   #122
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Yeah... I just saw that. It's too bad. He looks like he is the real deal. It sickens me that we passed on him for Robiskie.

Bengals seem like they may have peaked too early in the regular season. I may be wrong, but they don't look like they are playing as well as they did early in the season.

Still, congrats on the division title. It is probably the story of the year in the NFL.

Yeah, we haven't played as well lately.

Once we started getting away from AFC North teams, it's been a struggle. Against them=6-0. Against everyone else=4-5.

We played well against San Diego. Just couldn't get it done there at the end. The Minnesota loss was a good old fashioned @sskicking. If we can beat the Jets next Sunday, it would be a 2 game win streak to finish the season.

Momentum heading into the postseason really isn't on our side, but I'm banking on the fact that there are recent examples of teams who backed into the postseason, but turned it up a notch under the bright lights (last years Arizona Cardinals)
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:42 PM   #123
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
Irvin said he would trade in all 3 of his rings for just one perfect season...because Schula and company are imortalized for it...

FOR THE RECORD THOUGH I AGREE WITH YOU AND NOT IRVIN...so relax...lol

just wanted to point that out is all...
irvin is lying to himself..
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:40 PM   #124
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

Last edited by Tarik One : 12-28-2009 at 03:16 PM.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: