Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2009, 04:43 PM   #31
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!
 
Doomsday Dallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: MAVS/HEAT finals
Posts: 11,759
Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Updated Draft order... Who will St. Louis pick #1 overall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
it isn't as bad as you guys are making it out ot be really...

DROPS:

(not including this week)

1 Vernon Davis SF 11
2 Dwayne Bowe KC 10
3t Mark Bradley KC 9
3t Brent Celek Phi 9
3t Santonio Holmes Pit 9
3t Louis Murphy Oak 9
3t Terrell Owens Buf 9
3t Bobby Wade KC 9
9t Dallas Clark Ind 8
9t Marques Colston NO 8
9t Ted Ginn Jr. Mia 8
9t Tim Hightower Ari 8
9t Calvin Johnson Det 8
14t Donnie Avery StL 7
14t Michael Crabtree SF 7
14t Antonio Gates SD 7
14t Jerome Harrison Cle 7
14t Michael Jenkins Atl 7
14t Andre Johnson Hou 7
14t Mario Manningham NYG 7
14t Mohamed Massaquoi Cle 7
14t Randy McMichael StL 7
14t Randy Moss NE 7
14t Chansi Stuckey Cle 7
14t Roy Williams Dal 7


Crabtree has as many drops as Roy...

we already paid the guy $20 million...might as well keep him on as a #2


So what do we do this off season?

Marcus Spears = FA
Gerald Sensabaugh = FA
Miles Austin = FA

(and BTW: Phillips might be better than Bennett)
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:44 PM   #32
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!
 
Doomsday Dallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: MAVS/HEAT finals
Posts: 11,759
Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Updated Draft order... Who will St. Louis pick #1 overall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
Where did you get those #s from? I am going from observation when Roy often does not even try for balls. There was a play yesterday on a 3rd where Miles ran a quick out, and Tony threw the ball behind him, Miles got tatooed(and held on to the ball). Roy would not have even tried to make a play on that throw. The Cowboys need a physical receiver with some fortitude and some gumption to lineup opposite Miles.

+1

He just doesn't make plays.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:44 PM   #33
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr
 
Dasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,035
Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Updated Draft order... Who will St. Louis pick #1 overall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
So what do we do this off season?

Marcus Spears = FA
Gerald Sensabaugh = FA
Miles Austin = FA

(and BTW: Phillips might be better than Bennett)
I would not mind bringing all of those guys back. Sensabaugh and Spears will not cost much.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:44 PM   #34
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 11,860
~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Updated Draft order... Who will St. Louis pick #1 overall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
Where did you get those #s from? I am going from observation when Roy often does not even try for balls. There was a play yesterday on a 3rd where Miles ran a quick out, and Tony threw the ball behind him, Miles got tatooed(and held on to the ball). Roy would not have even tried to make a play on that throw. The Cowboys need a physical receiver with some fortitude and some gumption to lineup opposite Miles.
yes, it is very clear that not only Miles is 10x better than Roy but also that Roy is not anywhere near worth the money we gave him...

the point I am trying to make though is that he has already been paid alot of his money, so we might as well keep the guy on as a #2 now...

I can also see him trying to make a hard attempt to prove himself from here on out...as though he wants to show he can be a #1...


here was my source for the drops:

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/l...iving&rank=232
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:49 PM   #35
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr
 
Dasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,035
Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Updated Draft order... Who will St. Louis pick #1 overall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
yes, it is very clear that not only Miles is 10x better than Roy but also that Roy is not anywhere near worth the money we gave him...

the point I am trying to make though is that he has already been paid alot of his money, so we might as well keep the guy on as a #2 now...

I can also see him trying to make a hard attempt to prove himself from here on out...as though he wants to show he can be a #1...


here was my source for the drops:

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/l...iving&rank=232

He is not good enough to be a #2. If he was not getting paid as much money as he is, he would have lost his spot to Patrick Crayton, who has played well since he lost and regained his return duties. The only reason he is receiving decent PT is because of the money he is due. At the moment Roy is not good enough to be in most team's rotations at receiver. Roy has become an afterthought to defenses, and he is not really making the most of it, even though he has had good touch down #s the last few games, none of them have been particularly difficult. Even #2s have to be able to make a difficult play every now and again. Hell Jeremy Maclin is a rook, and can be counted on to make it do what it do every once and a while. Roy on the other hand can not. The money that would be saved by cutting him can be used to upgrade his position or other positions of need.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:53 PM   #36
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 11,860
~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Updated Draft order... Who will St. Louis pick #1 overall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
He is not good enough to be a #2. If he was not getting paid as much money as he is, he would have lost his spot to Patrick Crayton, who has played well since he lost and regained his return duties. The only reason he is receiving decent PT is because of the money he is due. At the moment Roy is not good enough to be in most team's rotations at receiver. Roy has become an afterthought to defenses, and he is not really making the most of it, even though he has had good touch down #s the last few games, none of them have been particularly difficult. Even #2s have to be able to make a difficult play every now and again. Hell Jeremy Maclin is a rook, and can be counted on to make it do what it do every once and a while. Roy on the other hand can not. The money that would be saved by cutting him can be used to upgrade his position or other positions of need.
If you think that Crayton is better than Roy then me and you are just going to have to agree to disagree...

I can remember fans screaming for Crayton's head on a platter until he pulled those punt returns out of his ass...

Roy Williams has had some really horrible moments...none of them are worse than what Crayton did to Romo in the playoffs against the Giants...

Roy > Pat
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:54 PM   #37
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 8,114
MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board
Default Re: Updated Draft order... Who will St. Louis pick #1 overall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Eric Berry is the best player in the draft.
Nope, that would be Suh.


And a dominant DL>>>>dominant DB
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:57 PM   #38
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr
 
Dasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,035
Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Updated Draft order... Who will St. Louis pick #1 overall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
Nope, that would be Suh.


And a dominant DL>>>>dominant DB
Berry could have easily, and should have gotten Heisman hype. He played EVERY position in the back 7 this year for Tennessee, and on a couple of occasions put his hands in the dirt. The Ed Reed comparisons are legit.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:16 PM   #39
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,214
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Updated Draft order... Who will St. Louis pick #1 overall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
Nope, that would be Suh.


And a dominant DL>>>>dominant DB

You're flat out wrong. You obviously dont have much knowledge when it comes to college football to say that.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:33 PM   #40
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!
 
Doomsday Dallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: MAVS/HEAT finals
Posts: 11,759
Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Updated Draft order... Who will St. Louis pick #1 overall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
You're flat out wrong. You obviously dont have much knowledge when it comes to college football to say that.


GOBB... has Chris Long been a bust for St. Louis?

I have no idea other than judging by his stats.


But if Chris long still has potential to be great, wouldn't you want to put Suh next to him?
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:40 PM   #41
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 8,114
MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board
Default Re: Updated Draft order... Who will St. Louis pick #1 overall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
You're flat out wrong. You obviously dont have much knowledge when it comes to college football to say that.
Good God you can be a douche sometimes. You always think whatever you say is always undisputedly correct, and when someone disagrees, you get all defensive and crap. I know college football.

And any idiot knows that a dominant defensive lineman is more valuable than a dominant defensive back. If you're going to argue that fact with me, then I have no need to argue b/c it shows how much YOU don't know about football.

I never ONCE said Berry wasn't great, but Suh will have more impact in the NFL than Berry will....and Berry will be a great DB in the role of an Ed Reed maybe. But Suh will also be a great DL, in the role of a Warren Sapp-type effect.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:40 PM   #42
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,214
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Updated Draft order... Who will St. Louis pick #1 overall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
GOBB... has Chris Long been a bust for St. Louis?

I have no idea other than judging by his stats.


But if Chris long still has potential to be great, wouldn't you want to put Suh next to him?

I would...it would definately help Long. But would the Lambs? I dunno. I see them ignoring the stop gap QB and getting their "franchise" while getting rid of oft injured Marc Bulger. New regime in Stl so maybe they want thier guy.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:43 PM   #43
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 8,114
MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board
Default Re: Updated Draft order... Who will St. Louis pick #1 overall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I would...it would definately help Long. But would the Lambs? I dunno. I see them ignoring the stop gap QB and getting their "franchise" while getting rid of oft injured Marc Bulger. New regime in Stl so maybe they want thier guy.

If we're talkin bout the Rams, I would put my money on them trading down a couple of spots, picking up an extra pick or two and then taking their QB. But it is the Rams, so who knows.

The early picks of this draft are going to be VERY interesting. One of the most interesting drafts in the past few seasons thats for sure.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:55 PM   #44
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!
 
Doomsday Dallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: MAVS/HEAT finals
Posts: 11,759
Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Updated Draft order... Who will St. Louis pick #1 overall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
If we're talkin bout the Rams, I would put my money on them trading down a couple of spots, picking up an extra pick or two and then taking their QB. But it is the Rams, so who knows.

The early picks of this draft are going to be VERY interesting. One of the most interesting drafts in the past few seasons thats for sure.


Nobody wants to trade up to the #1 spot anymore... Look at Jamarcus Russell.

Too much money guaranteed to a unproven player.

I'd be suprised if St. Louis could trade down.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:56 PM   #45
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 11,860
~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Updated Draft order... Who will St. Louis pick #1 overall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
Good God you can be a douche sometimes. You always think whatever you say is always undisputedly correct, and when someone disagrees, you get all defensive and crap. I know college football.

And any idiot knows that a dominant defensive lineman is more valuable than a dominant defensive back. If you're going to argue that fact with me, then I have no need to argue b/c it shows how much YOU don't know about football.

I never ONCE said Berry wasn't great, but Suh will have more impact in the NFL than Berry will....and Berry will be a great DB in the role of an Ed Reed maybe. But Suh will also be a great DL, in the role of a Warren Sapp-type effect.
I will argue that with you...




in High School Lebron James was the most gifted athlete on his football team (shocker I know) and he could have played any postition on defense...

you know where they put him?...saftey...because that way he could cover the entire feild...he could act as a LB and a CB as at the same time...he could be anywhere...(he also played WR I know, but that is beside the point)



^^^ Roy Williams, Sooner...in his college days he was the only saftey I have seen that could just single handedly completely take over games...all...by...him...self


I would rather have a crazy dominate saftey...

that being said Suh is be labeled the best player in the draft, however I see no reason to think he is even better than McCoy, who is the exact same size and just as dominate I think...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:08 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy