Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-15-2006, 09:42 AM   #1
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default If Michael Jordan was white...

would he have been MORE popular, LESS popular, or about the SAME?

Let's put political correctness to the side for a bit. Discuss....
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:48 AM   #2
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

same
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:50 AM   #3
Raptors4life
I brick open layups

Raptors4life has an OK reputation so far

You could say the same for Larry Bird being black we will never know!
Raptors4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 10:39 AM   #4
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Jordan would have been worshipped as a messiah if he was white...His mom would win the noble peace prize for having such an immaculate child and bringing order to the world if you think Jordan is an icon now....it would be much greater if he was white
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 10:46 AM   #5
allball
National High School Star

allball has decent reputationallball has decent reputation
Default ...

:confused:
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 10:52 AM   #6
Vragrant
National High School Star

Vragrant is considered somewhat coolVragrant is considered somewhat cool

Wouldn't matter.

Even Jordan's mom said that people have always told her they don't view her son as "black", they just see him as "Micheal Jordan".
Vragrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:01 AM   #7
jan803
High school junior varsity star

jan803 has an OK reputation so far

i wonder if people realize that it's more of a shame that people feel this questions needs to be asked?
jan803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:03 AM   #8
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Well...

I believe Jordan would have been LESS popular if he were white.

Last edited by bagelred : 06-15-2006 at 11:26 AM.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:21 AM   #9
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Even Jordan's mom said that people have always told her they don't view her son as "black", they just see him as "Micheal Jordan".

Wow! those people are soo benevolent

just the fact that they feel the need to mention this to jordan's mother proves my point...
Old 06-15-2006, 11:27 AM   #10
SpLiTViZiOnZ
Decent playground baller

SpLiTViZiOnZ has an OK reputation so far

I think he would have been less popular
SpLiTViZiOnZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:31 AM   #11
cookiemonster
I hit open layups

cookiemonster has not been impressing people

the bald look doesn't work for white people, he'd look like matt geiger
cookiemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:39 AM   #12
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

I dont see how he'd be less popular..... people wouldnt even hafta try to ignore the fact that he's black.....the hype would be soo outta control, they'd be calling him captain america or some sh*t
Old 06-15-2006, 11:44 AM   #13
ACCBaller1403
Washed up streetballer

ACCBaller1403 has decent reputationACCBaller1403 has decent reputation

Magic was just as popular as Bird and he was black. I don't think anyone, black, white, or other, didn't feel extremely sad when they found out he had HIV. It was like a national day of mourning. Jordan transcends both of them. He's more recognizeable than Mickey Mouse, and recently, just got passed this year for most popular athlete in the states....YEARS AFTER HE'S RETIRED!!! I don't know how the hype could have possibly been bigger.
ACCBaller1403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:49 AM   #14
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

rasheed1 has entertained me more than anyone in the 3+ years i've been here.

gotta love the hate he brings into each and every thread. lol
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:51 AM   #15
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Magic & Bird were tied together because of their career long rivalry...They are soo intertwined that it is impossible to say why either one was liked...Magic was my favorite player to ever play the game...But I originally started liking him only because he could beat Bird when the 6ers would fail to do it.....So my dislike for Bird is what really led to my rooting for Magic....

Jordan had the right kind of career at the right time in history. He took advantage of the new wave of media and business opportunities and became a mega star because of it....I cant even imagine how far it would have went if he was a white guy.....

he'd be on the dollar bill by now
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: