Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-15-2009, 09:17 PM   #1
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation
Default Playoff race

Now that we're into the second half of the season, we should look at who has a shot at the playoffs and who doesn't.

AFC
  1. Colts(8-0)
  2. Bengals(7-2)
  3. Patriots(6-2)
  4. Broncos(6-3)
  5. Steelers(6-3)
  6. Chargers(6-3)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
  7. Jaguars(5-4)
  8. Texans(5-4)
  9. Ravens(4-4)
  10. Dolphins(4-5)
  11. Jets(4-5)
  12. Titans(3-6)
  13. Bills(3-6)
  14. Chiefs(2-7)
  15. Raiders(2-7)
  16. Browns(1-7)

NFC
  1. Saints(9-0)
  2. Vikings(8-1)
  3. Cardinals(6-3)
  4. Cowboys(6-3)
  5. Eagles(5-4)
  6. Giants(5-4)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
  7. Packers(5-4)
  8. Falcons(5-4)
  9. Panthers(4-5)
  10. 49ers(4-5)
  11. Bears(4-5)
  12. Seahawks(3-6)
  13. Redskins(3-6)
  14. Buccaneers(1-8)
  15. Rams(1-8)
  16. Lions(1-8)

It's safe to say that 6 teams so far though not mathematically eliminated, we're probably more likely to see Favre not mention the word retirement at the end of the year.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:20 PM   #2
simcjt
The bodyguard

simcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Playoff race

Titans are coming back to make a run

On a more serious note i'm just glad he is playing well enough to stay in the league and not off himself
simcjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:21 PM   #3
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by simcjt

On a more serious note i'm just glad he is playing well enough to stay in the league and not off himself

Titans have to win out. Even the 6th seed Chargers are 6-3. I don't see the 6th seed(whoever it is) winning less than 10 games.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:55 PM   #4
beasly15
TEXANS

beasly15 has decent reputationbeasly15 has decent reputation

monday night ends the streak for titans.

damn charges and jaguars won.. hopefully baltimore loses tomorrow but i doubt it.
beasly15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:10 PM   #5
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

im actually kind of hoping we dont make the playoffs. it will just fool everyone like last year. we will never win with andy reid coaching. if we keep making the playoffs he will never get fired.
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:51 PM   #6
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Browns might have an outside shot.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:03 PM   #7
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:

Say what you want about Vince Young... "he can't do this" ... "he doesn't have that" ... the kid wins games. A win is a win.

Jeff Fisher is looking like a fool right about now... and no disrespect... I'm a fan of Fisher.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:12 PM   #8
simcjt
The bodyguard

simcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
Say what you want about Vince Young... "he can't do this" ... "he doesn't have that" ... the kid wins games. A win is a win.

Jeff Fisher is looking like a fool right about now... and no disrespect... I'm a fan of Fisher.
Dude I love VY at QB. I've never said anything bad about him and the biggest reason why I support him is cause he does win.

Collins killed the team with his conservatism. He would throw the ball away atleast twice a series instead of taking a chance with his wr.

I was talking about how VY has come from thinking about retiring and talking about being the greatest black qb to ever play to just doing well on the field again.

I think fisher likes VY at qb but knows that he isn't Mcnair. I know a lot of qb's are not but he seemed like he wanted to try something else this draft year. Not starting Vince allows the team not to resign and free up money for a different qb and unless something drastic happens the team will have Vince next year
Old 11-15-2009, 11:24 PM   #9
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Dude I love VY at QB. I've never said anything bad about him and the biggest reason why I support him is cause he does win.

Collins killed the team with his conservatism. He would throw the ball away atleast twice a series instead of taking a chance with his wr.

I was talking about how VY has come from thinking about retiring and talking about being the greatest black qb to ever play to just doing well on the field again.

I think fisher likes VY at qb but knows that he isn't Mcnair. I know a lot of qb's are not but he seemed like he wanted to try something else this draft year. Not starting Vince allows the team not to resign and free up money for a different qb and unless something drastic happens the team will have Vince next year

Yep, you hear so much about the VY and McNair comparisons (especially in Nashville area) but if you ask me, I'd love to see Vince Young get out of Tennessee and play for a ball club like the Raiders (yes, a real QB not a fake BS like Russel) ... or maybe a match made in heaven like Jacksonville ... but I like Guarrad too).
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:47 PM   #10
simcjt
The bodyguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
Yep, you hear so much about the VY and McNair comparisons (especially in Nashville area) but if you ask me, I'd love to see Vince Young get out of Tennessee and play for a ball club like the Raiders (yes, a real QB not a fake BS like Russel) ... or maybe a match made in heaven like Jacksonville ... but I like Guarrad too).
Nothing can save the Raiders

and Vy to Jax would hurt. He is fine now
Old 11-15-2009, 11:57 PM   #11
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I like the Panthers chances to make the playoffs this year. I don't think its going to take more than 8 or 9 wins to get one of the Wildcar spots and our chances are as good as anybody's. Unlike the Giants, Eagles, and Falcons we're streaking at the right time (won 4 of our last 6), and now our passing game is starting to get going along with our dominant running game.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 05:19 PM   #12
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

In the NFC I don't see Atlanta making the playoffs. That division is too tough and not to mention games against NO, NYG, NYJ, PHI. I don't see them making it out with 10 wins. It will come down to the Packers, Panthers and 49ers fighting out for a wild card spot.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:32 AM   #13
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

AFC
  1. Colts(9-0, BYE)
  2. Bengals(7-2, BYE)
  3. Broncos(6-3)
  4. Patriots(6-3)
  5. Steelers(6-3)
  6. Chargers(6-3)
    -------------------------------------
  7. Jaguars(5-4)
  8. Ravens(5-4)
  9. Texans(5-4)
  10. Dolphins(4-5)
  11. Jets(4-5)
  12. Titans(3-6)
  13. Bills(3-6)
  14. Chiefs(2-7)
  15. Raiders(2-7)
  16. Browns(1-8)

NFC
  1. Saints(9-0, BYE)
  2. Vikings(8-1, BYE)
  3. Cardinals(6-3)
  4. Cowboys(6-3)
  5. Eagles(5-4)
  6. Giants(5-4)
    -------------------------------------
  7. Packers(5-4)
  8. Falcons(5-4)
  9. 49ers(4-5)
  10. Bears(4-5)
  11. Seahawks(3-6)
  12. Redskins(3-6)
  13. Buccaneers(1-8)
  14. Rams(1-8)
  15. Lions(1-8)

Now every team has 9 games.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:37 PM   #14
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

Update:

AFC
  1. Colts(14-0, home field throughout playoffs)
  2. Chargers(10-3)
  3. Bengals(9-4)
  4. Patriots(8-5)
  5. Broncos(8-5)
  6. Dolphins(7-6)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
  7. Ravens(7-6)
  8. Jets(7-6)
  9. Jaguars(7-7)
  10. Steelers(6-7)
  11. Texans(6-7)
  12. Titans(6-7)
  13. Bills(5-8)

Current playoff matchups- Miami @ Cincinnati and Denver @ New England

NFC
  1. Saints(13-0, clinched division)
  2. Vikings(11-2, clinched playoff spot)
  3. Eagles(9-4)
  4. Cardinals(8-5)
  5. Packers(9-4)
  6. Cowboys(8-5)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
  7. Giants(7-6)
  8. Falcons(6-7)
  9. 49ers(6-7)
  10. Bears(5-8)
  11. Panthers(5-8)
  12. Seahawks(5-8)

Current playoff matchups- Dallas @ Philadelphia and Green Bay @ Arizona
Old 12-20-2009, 03:42 AM   #15
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Chocolate
Update:

AFC
  1. Colts(14-0, home field throughout playoffs)
  2. Chargers(10-3)
  3. Bengals(9-4)
  4. Patriots(8-5)
  5. Broncos(8-5)
  6. Dolphins(7-6)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
  7. Ravens(7-6)
  8. Jets(7-6)
  9. Jaguars(7-7)
  10. Steelers(6-7)
  11. Texans(6-7)
  12. Titans(6-7)
  13. Bills(5-8)

Current playoff matchups- Miami @ Cincinnati and Denver @ New England

NFC
  1. Saints(13-0, clinched division)
  2. Vikings(11-2, clinched playoff spot)
  3. Eagles(9-4)
  4. Cardinals(8-5)
  5. Packers(9-4)
  6. Cowboys(8-5)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
  7. Giants(7-6)
  8. Falcons(6-7)
  9. 49ers(6-7)
  10. Bears(5-8)
  11. Panthers(5-8)
  12. Seahawks(5-8)

Current playoff matchups- Dallas @ Philadelphia and Green Bay @ Arizona

Not that it matters much but Tennessee is ahead of Houston due to division record.

Last edited by MMM : 12-20-2009 at 03:45 AM.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: