Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 12-31-2009, 06:40 PM   #1
Sotheara
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Sotheara has an OK reputation so far
Default Indoor vs. Outdoor

Where do you guys prefer? At first I used to not care, but I'm starting to realize that I learn the best basketball when I'm in the Gym. Most of the players are usually more serious and more fundamentally sound from my observations. I was smoke a blunt and me and my homies were talking about it, and we agreed that the Gym is a basketball sanctuary haha.
Sotheara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 03:03 PM   #2
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Indoor vs. Outdoor

Gym. I need to preserve my shins.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:54 PM   #3
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Indoor... the weather has to be right for outdoor to be good. If it's windy, too hot or cold then it's a pain. Indoor there are no complaints and you can just play.

Also it's easier on the joints and stuff too.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:03 PM   #4
shlver
코비=GOAT

shlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Indoor, all of the outdoor ones have double rims, which I hate so much.
shlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:58 AM   #5
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

indoor and it's not even close
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:06 AM   #6
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotheara
Where do you guys prefer? At first I used to not care, but I'm starting to realize that I learn the best basketball when I'm in the Gym. Most of the players are usually more serious and more fundamentally sound from my observations. I was smoke a blunt and me and my homies were talking about it, and we agreed that the Gym is a basketball sanctuary haha.
first of all iam sick and tired of potheads telling people how high or when they get high when it doesnt really matter nobody gives a ****

anyways i always play outside very rarely play in a gym but when i do the indoors takes it with ease
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 03:08 PM   #7
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
first of all iam sick and tired of potheads telling people how high or when they get high when it doesnt really matter nobody gives a ****

anyways i always play outside very rarely play in a gym but when i do the indoors takes it with ease

meh they think it's cool, hopefully they'll grow out of it
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:45 PM   #8
Sotheara

Sotheara has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
If that bothers you, then I think you need to find other things to worry about.
Sotheara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:54 AM   #9
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Kumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Maybe you should take an English class, and lay off weed for a little bit.

I was smoke a blunt.
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:00 AM   #10
halffttime
shorty doowop

halffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation here

it depends. i like indoor ball if there really isn't a lot of people and it isn't crowded. i hate it when it's full and you'd have balls bouncing everywhere, people shooting at the other side running off the court on a fast break, sideline people constantly asking what the score is..

if it's just a half-court pick up game, i prefer outdoors more than anything. the loudmouths, the arguments, the scenery, the sun, etc.. don't really like playing full court tho cause the running around in pavement always fukks my shoes up, unless it's on clay.

Quote:

it was quite amusing how you sneaked in that blunt part in your story. i don't really see the necessity in mentioning it seeing how it had nothing to do with your question at all. it's almost like telling a story about getting chased by a bear and the bear wasn't wearing any clothes. keep smoking that reefer tho..
halffttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:27 AM   #11
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

When i'm in vaciones from my team, i play outdoor .. to improve my ball handling, 1on1 skills and make some athletics plays.
When i'm in the middle of a season but some friends or other guys call me to play i just want to play indoor, to work hard defense, court vision and passes.
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:05 PM   #12
ivienthol
I airball my layups

ivienthol has an OK reputation so far

Indoor. Outdoor is gay and it ends up hurting your knees long term anyway. If you plan to play basketball for life, it's just not worth it to play outdoor past middle school.

Plus people tend to take indoor ball more seriously. Outdoor you never know who will show up and **** up a game.

Also indoor the conditions are always the same so you can break your game down to a science and figure out what you need to work onwith a leather ball. Outdoor = shenanigans.
ivienthol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:44 AM   #13
cruthikai352

cruthikai352 has an OK reputation so far

Prefer indoor without a doubt, too many things can influence outdoor ball such as weather and backboards, sometimes the poles aren't far enough from the rim and so on
cruthikai352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:26 PM   #14
Maize'N'Blue
Super Yooper

Maize'N'Blue has an OK reputation so far

Definitely indoor, but outdoors is fine if I want to do some individual shooting/ballhandling. Also its much more convenient just being able to walk out my door and shoot around in my driveway compared to going to the gym 7 miles away.
Maize'N'Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 05:00 PM   #15
GiveItToBurrito

Gym. Aside from the people being better and older, I think the backboards are more reliable and you don't have to worry about the wind or light ****ing with your shot. I used to play outdoors exclusively, but I can't imagine going back to that hell nowadays.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: