Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 01-18-2010, 02:45 AM   #16
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Indoor vs. Outdoor

I like them both. As a Michigan native and resident, outdoor basketball means summer weather and warm temperatures. Often the gym is synonymous with cold weather, dark nights, and stiff muscles. On the other hand, I like the reliability of a gym and the (sometimes) sticky floors.

Outdoor courts offer more of the unknown, and lots of times it works out. A small secret I've always had: just once in my life have I come across an outdoor basketball court featuring two baskets standing over a regulation ten feet off the ground. Every other set I've played on is either exactly ten feet, or an inch or two low and for a guy who could use every single inch when dunking, it can make a world of difference in terms of dunk frequency.

So, I love the outdoor courts for the hot, loose muscles, and summer element combined with the favorable high-rising characteristics. Further, I've gone in the opposite direction of many and believe the double rims have actually improved my shot. I'm a-ok with them.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:52 AM   #17
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Indoor.

All the outdoor rims around here are either double rims or bolted down to the stiffest backboards of all time. And rarely are they 10 ft, usually around 9 1/2, 9 3/4.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:49 AM   #18
Steve Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
Indoor.

All the outdoor rims around here are either double rims or bolted down to the stiffest backboards of all time. And rarely are they 10 ft, usually around 9 1/2, 9 3/4.

Same here man we have a metal backboard,double rims, a square court, no nets, no lights. You either have to dunk or rainbow the hell out of your shot to make it. And we cant ball past like 530 it blows.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:27 PM   #19
Euroball5
I brick open layups

Indoor of course but not that easy to find where i live the only one i have access to is my schools which the janitor only lets us play in on weekdays.
Euroball5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: