1) Get tougher - so I can be able to receive contact and know how to dish it, too.
2) Increase vertical - and mix it with my length so I can get more rebounds, alter more shots, and throw down some high-flying antics.
3) Become faster/quicker - so I can be able to run the court better and keep up when defending speedy type players. Also so I can surprise the D by utilizing hard, fast cuts to the basket or other fakes/moves.
4) Improve ball-handling/dribbling - so I can be more helpful in bringing up the ball, as most of our opponents use the full-court press. Also, so I can be able to take my man off the dribble and drive to the basket effectively.
5) Improve shooting touch - been working on this actually. I feel more confident with it now and I can shoot threes more comfortably than ever.
And last but not least...
6) Stay hungry - the fires in my eyes and the flames DON'T need fannin' (sorry Mos & Talib). If I want to be able to be the best I can be, I need to stay passionate and hungry, even if I've achieved my goals.
Goals I plan on working on after the season has finished.
1. Improve Shooting
This is the biggest thing I have to work on if I want a chance to play on Varsity next year. (I'm a freshmen right now) I'm a great player within 15 ft., but I would like to get out towards the perimeter.
2. Get Stronger
At the moment, I am a lot too wiry for my liking. If I packed on some more muscle, I would be able to rebound and finish at the rim much easier. Also, it would help out a lot of defense.
3. Improve Ballhandling
This is another big thing I would need to work on if I want to play on Varsity because they have a lot of good big men but all of their good guards are graduating this year.
4. Increase Vertical
This is the least important out of all my goals, but still something I would like to work on. A better vertical would help me rebound more efficiently and get my shot off against bigger defenders, among other things.