Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 01-03-2010, 02:41 AM   #16
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Your Basketball New Years Resolution for 2010

I am going to work harder than I ever have before. More shots,miles,squats,whatever. I have to. It just has to happen.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:55 AM   #17
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

find a league around here and play
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:14 AM   #18
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

iam gonna try to go all out

iam gonna try to gain about 10-15 pounds to play more physical and i dont think it will hurt my vertical in fact iam gonna try to gain 4 or 5 inches on my vert

iam gonna practice shuffling my feet i notice that everytime some when crosses me over i stay put and reach out with my hands instead of trying to beat the opponent to his spot

also my ball handling and slashing game need much inprovement,just bought a basketball today so on monday iam gonna start balling on my own it makes me more focused
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:48 AM   #19
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HylianNightmare
find a league around here and play

This.

I want to contact some of my HS and College friends, and we would probably form a team this summer.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:03 PM   #20
fljumper
Can barely lace up my sneakers

fljumper has an OK reputation so far

Funny, I'm making up my Basketball Resolution(s) before any other resolution(s) for the year. I'll start off by saying my Number 1 goal in life right now is to make a junior college basketball team in April. I set this goal in October, after a new friend of mine (played starting PF for a Big East NCAA team) told me that it would be a shame if I didn't try out. So I for the first time in my life believed I was good enough to play college ball... if I worked hard at it (I've never played ball for a team before in my life, tried out twice in high school and didn't make the team)... I've grown a lot since high school though. I now stand at 6'3" and weigh 190 lbs at 23 years of age. i've never attended college either.. I had the SAT scores, high school GPA was slacking however, so I didn't get accepted into a major university, that and some family problems, and mainly a lack of motivation kept me out of school. Played a lot of ball and lifted a lot of weights to get where I'm at (went from a lean 155 to a lean 190 over the last 4 years). Took this goal rather serious and hired a strength coach, started a super strict diet, and I am working religiously with my NCAA buddy to get my fundamental skills down. I've poured so much into this over the past 3-4 months, and it shows :) I used to be able to "dunk" (more like a layup combined with a rim grab) now I'm throwing it down something sick :) I play the post much better (didn't know what a drop step was until a few months ago :P) my jumpshot is rather automatic now, defense is still as good as before, only I have much more size and a kinda crazy high vert to go with it now.

O yeah.... back to the whole resolution(s) thing, lol. I want to continue pursuing my goal, whilst working on the following, complete a season of play in an adult league (season starts next Thurs, first official game I'll have played in, lol), work on my handles and driving skills with my left hand, and work on my 2 handed dunk, if I stay injury free the whole year that would be the icing on the cake. I'm new to the forum, I like it here, lot of insight and I get some motivation from a lot of the other post on here, so thanks!
fljumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:22 PM   #21
Zak

Zak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputation

1. dunk more often in game situations
if achieved

2. dunk on someone
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:51 PM   #22
fljumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak
1. dunk more often in game situations
if achieved

2. dunk on someone

First time I really really dunked in a game was on someone, thought it would've been on a breakaway, just could never get the timing on my footwork right... than one day I was dropped a pass at the perimeter took off, glanced at my defender, pretended he wasn't there, kept my eye on the rim, and BOOM nuts in face, lol
Old 01-11-2010, 09:01 PM   #23
Zak

Zak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fljumper
First time I really really dunked in a game was on someone, thought it would've been on a breakaway, just could never get the timing on my footwork right... than one day I was dropped a pass at the perimeter took off, glanced at my defender, pretended he wasn't there, kept my eye on the rim, and BOOM nuts in face, lol
nice bro, how old were u? ive been trying to be more aggressive and dunk in pickup games, but its hard when were playing half court lol, i mean i can dunk off a drop step but its still difficult if im not gonna facial someone
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:38 AM   #24
fljumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak
nice bro, how old were u?

I'm what you would call a late bloomer, lol. Have yet to dunk on somebody with the drop step, I attempted last week, but I'm fighting some rather painful shin splints and got stuck on the rim, lol... I'm sure I'll nail it within the month
Old 01-12-2010, 11:17 AM   #25
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

- Go to lift something 3 times a week (i supposed to do that since the beginning of the season, but i don't like it, so i just go once a week)

- Improving my mid range shooting, (it's stupid i got nice % from downtown and in the paint .. but my mide range it's horrible in game.)

- Trying to get more rebounds (I'm averaging now 3.4 per game, and i'm a 5'9 PG .. but i think i've to improve).

- Decrease my turnovers. (i lost 2.8 balls per game, for a PG that's not cool).

- Increase my points, and steal averaging. (I'm 3rd amongst PG with 16.9 per game, and 2nd overall in steals with 2.9 per game.

- Get my team mates more focused in game. (That's a responsibility for the PG).
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:58 PM   #26
GiveItToBurrito

Shoot more, work on scoring quicker when I go into the post. I'm trying to get faster, too, so it feels like I'm spending as much time on the treadmill as I am on the court.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:24 AM   #27
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

To be able to dunk.

I just started playing point more so handle better and shoot better.

I'd really love to finish with my left hand well.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:23 AM   #28
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by fljumper

I'm what you would call a late bloomer, lol. Have yet to dunk on somebody with the drop step, I attempted last week, but I'm fighting some rather painful shin splints and got stuck on the rim, lol... I'm sure I'll nail it within the month
I don't think that's terribly uncommon. I was a long time dunker but did not dunk on someone until I was 21. I think a lot of people assume physical growth follows a high school timeline (i.e. growing and growing until a hypothetical peak at age 18) but the truth is I've continued to develop athletically every year I've been out.

In regards to the drop step facial though. . .I don't think that's ever going to happen for me. I need a runway.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:39 PM   #29
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
iam gonna try to go all out

iam gonna try to gain about 10-15 pounds to play more physical and i dont think it will hurt my vertical in fact iam gonna try to gain 4 or 5 inches on my vert

iam gonna practice shuffling my feet i notice that everytime some when crosses me over i stay put and reach out with my hands instead of trying to beat the opponent to his spot

also my ball handling and slashing game need much inprovement,just bought a basketball today so on monday iam gonna start balling on my own it makes me more focused
hey ****er!

what have you done since this post nothing!!! you did 10 pushups since this post and dont blame the crappy weather i know its raining but 10 pushups?!?!?! you lazy basterd what happened to you you use to be in shape now you can grab a chunk of fat with both hands and still have room for another hand

today is monday start working on your core you stupid son of a b!tch!
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 05:11 PM   #30
fljumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
I don't think that's terribly uncommon. I was a long time dunker but did not dunk on someone until I was 21. I think a lot of people assume physical growth follows a high school timeline (i.e. growing and growing until a hypothetical peak at age 18) but the truth is I've continued to develop athletically every year I've been out.

In regards to the drop step facial though. . .I don't think that's ever going to happen for me. I need a runway.

Yeah, I just stumbled upon a picture of myself when I was 19... looks like I literally ate that person... lol. I've done a lot of growing since than, but I definitely contribute a lot of it to lifting weights and eating right consistently for 4 years. Good news is I'm still growing.. and still eligible to play college ball ....
and yeah I needed the runway for a while, but my leg strength got me to where I don't anymore (I work with prob one of the best strength coaches in the area)... all in all, a lot of work, but o' so worth it
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: