Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 01-01-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here
Default Next great international Big man(Predicted to go number 4) This year

They Predict he goes number 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E37MBYJ-w7k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf6MYzLOBt4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH2ZhphUIiQ
He has very good back to the basket moves and is a finesse big man but also posses a consistent perimeter jumpshot. He's one of those versatile international big man that can do a bit of everything,can knock down the jumper play with their back to the basket and has great footwork.

Added a vid where it has highlights agienst team usa

The thing that popped out about me him first to me is that he's a great rebounder

Think its about time for a new set

And he's a good free throw shooter

Quote:
Upside is huge, fantastic size, lefty, smooth, athletic, great slasher, finisher with both hands, has ballhandling skills already, good range, quick release, fine rebounder, good post moves, though a perimenter-oriented pf, excellent footwork, good body-use, fine mobility, good passing game.

BUT, pretty bad mentality, ultra skinny, still immature (he was so afraid and shy in Prague 15 months ago and now he is a bully on court), unable to match-up with bigger opponents (like with Koufos yesterday), not a consistent inside defender in one on one, still has ways to go, although fundamentals are there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JNjxJ8kmR

Look especilly from 4:00 on he starts balling lol

4:00-4:04

4:36-4:42 take it in strong and gets to the line

4:52-4:56 He slashes to the rim and finishes

5:53-5:56 Inside

1:16-1:22 great pass

6:03- 6:06 tip in

5:08-5:12 Knocks down mid range jumper

yEA YOU go search from 2-4 I'm to lazy for that

But he got to the freethrow line at will
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 03:44 PM   #2
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people
Default Re: Next great international Big man(Predicted to go number 4) This year

Top 2 pick
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:45 PM   #3
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Next great international Big man(Predicted to go number 4) This year

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Top 2 pick

Motiejunas will not go top 2, there's a good chance he won't be top 5.

He's 7 ft. tall but his wingspan is 6'11" which nullifies a lot of size and he's way too weak to defend most NBA PF and C at this point.

He also hasn't played well enough to warrant a top 2 pick at this point, he's getting 9 points and 4 boards a game.

John Wall, Derrick Favors, Evan Turner (if healthy), Wesley Johnson, DeMarcus Cousins (if he keeps up what he's doing), Xavier Henry, and Avery Bradley all have solid cases for being picked above him. Jan Vesely is looking like a more NBA ready prospect at this point than Motiejunas.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:47 AM   #4
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Lakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputation

He's much too soft and he's a diva personality with a poor work ethic. If the NBA wants good young big men in Europe they should be after guys like Bourousis, Maric, and Mozgov. As for Vesely why the hell he was mentioned? He's not even ready for the Euroleague level.
Lakas Fan Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 05:03 AM   #5
madmax
Decent college freshman

madmax is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
He's much too soft and he's a diva personality with a poor work ethic. If the NBA wants good young big men in Europe they should be after guys like Bourousis, Maric, and Mozgov. As for Vesely why the hell he was mentioned? He's not even ready for the Euroleague level.

you are an idiot and don't know anything about Euro ball...Motiejunas and his game are attracting NBA scouts because he's very skilled 7 footer, and very good 1-on-1 player. His measly numbers in Treviso are misleading, because he's playing limited minutes there and italian club has other good post player ( Judson, Nicevic to mention just a few)
madmax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:27 PM   #6
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Lakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax
you are an idiot and don't know anything about Euro ball...Motiejunas and his game are attracting NBA scouts because he's very skilled 7 footer, and very good 1-on-1 player. His measly numbers in Treviso are misleading, because he's playing limited minutes there and italian club has other good post player ( Judson, Nicevic to mention just a few)

He's soft and he has a bad attitude. And who the hell cares about NBA scouts and their opinions? They are wrong 9 out of 10 times when it comes to European basketball.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:07 PM   #7
madmax
Decent college freshman

Quote:
He's soft and he has a bad attitude. And who the hell cares about NBA scouts and their opinions? They are wrong 9 out of 10 times when it comes to European basketball.

that's your opinion pal...Motiejunas might not be great in Europe, but that doesn't mean his game doesn't translate into NBA. We all should know that already with Jennings example
Old 01-05-2010, 06:30 AM   #8
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Quote:
that's your opinion pal...Motiejunas might not be great in Europe, but that doesn't mean his game doesn't translate into NBA. We all should know that already with Jennings example

Jennings sucks in the NBA also. Other than a hot start he has not done anything but jack up shots and play on a bad team. No difference from how he played in Europe. You are obviously Lithuanian. You should be more concerned with Valanciunas who is much better than Motiejunas already. Also, you really should stop with this NBA fan-like obsession with stats.

I don't base my views on stats or youtube highlights, I base them on what I see. Motiejunas is very talented but he's lazy and has a bad attitude and he's not even playing that well even this year. So I certainly fail to see what's so great about him. And if you are using Jennings to make your argument you fail. He has shown his true colors already.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:39 AM   #9
madmax
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Jennings sucks in the NBA also. Other than a hot start he has not done anything but jack up shots and play on a bad team. No difference from how he played in Europe. You are obviously Lithuanian. You should be more concerned with Valanciunas who is much better than Motiejunas already. Also, you really should stop with this NBA fan-like obsession with stats.

I don't base my views on stats or youtube highlights, I base them on what I see. Motiejunas is very talented but he's lazy and has a bad attitude and he's not even playing that well even this year. So I certainly fail to see what's so great about him. And if you are using Jennings to make your argument you fail. He has shown his true colors already.

Jennings is averaging 19 and 6...not bad for a rookie who sucked in Europe, don't you think? It is obvious Motiejunas game is much more oriented to 1-on-1 basketball, so he fits into NBA play just fine. Remember that there are no proper zones in NBA and individually talented players prosper under such conditions.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:41 PM   #10
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Quote:
Jennings is averaging 19 and 6...not bad for a rookie who sucked in Europe, don't you think? It is obvious Motiejunas game is much more oriented to 1-on-1 basketball, so he fits into NBA play just fine. Remember that there are no proper zones in NBA and individually talented players prosper under such conditions.

Jennings sucks. Terrible shooting percentages, jacks up terrible shots, poor basketball IQ, fails to involve teammates, hogs the ball, "leads" his team to a poor record, plays no defense.

Yeah he is really impressive.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:36 AM   #11
la bomba
Local High School Star

la bomba has an OK reputation so far

the lithuanian guy has been a great prospect for a few years now but has yet to do anything in Europe,I agree that sometimes players go the NBA having done little in europe and do well.Look at casspi, he was ok to good at maccabi but thats it,yet in sacramento he is doing better.but you also get the sergio rodriguez of these world,bugger all in europe then go suck bench in the nba.Bourousis would do a similar job to okur.I like Pekovic,but again he would do better to stay in europe.Fran Vazquez has been playing really well the last 18 months at barcelona but he has turned the NBA down a few years now,I think that was his best choice.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:33 AM   #12
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
the lithuanian guy has been a great prospect for a few years now but has yet to do anything in Europe,I agree that sometimes players go the NBA having done little in europe and do well.Look at casspi, he was ok to good at maccabi but thats it,yet in sacramento he is doing better.but you also get the sergio rodriguez of these world,bugger all in europe then go suck bench in the nba.Bourousis would do a similar job to okur.I like Pekovic,but again he would do better to stay in europe.Fran Vazquez has been playing really well the last 18 months at barcelona but he has turned the NBA down a few years now,I think that was his best choice.

I think Vazquez could do quite well in the NBA. He would fit really well as an athletic power forward on a team like the Suns or Warriors. I don't think he would be a good fit on the Magic though. As for Bourousis, I think his actual NBA comparison is more like Troy Murphy (with better defense) than Okur. That's a lot better comparison to me.

Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo : 01-07-2010 at 06:35 AM.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:49 PM   #13
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHiw8ZANXc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ92hs-8p8w]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJAhBePHCss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bug1wOOz7oA

Videos: (he's wearing the white jersey #11)
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:09 PM   #14
rfoster24
Decent playground baller

rfoster24 has not been impressing people

I wouldn't take an international player in a draft. They proven themselves injury-prone and ungrateful ... ricky rubio...
rfoster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 01:51 PM   #15
Jumpman10135
Sheeeit Stuckey ballin

Jumpman10135 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfoster24
I wouldn't take an international player in a draft. They proven themselves injury-prone and ungrateful ... ricky rubio...
Darko.
Jumpman10135 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: