Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 01-01-2010, 11:33 PM   #1
acidbasesalt
Coward Saviour

acidbasesalt has decent reputationacidbasesalt has decent reputation
Default Trade Idea: Diaw + Diop for Brand

The Sixers are trying to dump Brand due to their current standings and it appears though they need to reshape their roster. Assuming the Sixers don't improve their record soon enough, Brand won't have a place in Sixers' rotation. So now here's a chance to fill the hole at PF. Brand's recent records are very impressive and it's time to take advantage of other teams misery.

Diaw + Diop + maybe a 2nd rounder as sweetner for Brand will definitely improve our team. However, I think the Sixers will ask for Mohammed instead of Diop due to the length of their contracts.

Brand's contract is long and luxurious but since our FO has acquired Jax, we shouldn't retract from any opportunity to improve our roster. Assuming we do get Brand, this coming offseason's move will be re-signing Felton only, and that shouldn't be difficult since salary cap is down.

I'm more than ready to say goodbye to Diaw. How about you guys? (any girls?)
acidbasesalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:40 PM   #2
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Trade Idea: Diaw + Diop for Brand

I can't see how trading to bigs for 1 would help us. I could see us doing Diop and either Murray, Law, or Henderson for a big, but that's about it.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:14 AM   #3
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidbasesalt
........I'm more than ready to say goodbye to Diaw. How about you guys? (any girls?)

This girl is more than ready to say goodbye to Diaw. He is a liability. Not willing to let go of Diop at least until Chandler is back. Definitely don't want to get rid of Nazr.

Last edited by onewickedlady : 01-02-2010 at 12:16 AM.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:35 AM   #4
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

i would be absolutely up for this trade
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 08:53 AM   #5
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

That's the exact trade I expect to go down...so we're thinking the same acid.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:14 AM   #6
MikeUK
Decent playground baller

MikeUK has an OK reputation so far

I like aquiring Brand despite him being a very bad contract, as think that's the only way a very good player will come to the Cats, in a trade where a team flat wants to dump some1 a bit like the Jax deal. He's not amazing but not been just average either. We have so many guards that I'd have thought one would have to be included in the deal alongside either Diaw or I'd even try and get rid of Chandler instead. Diaw would back up Wallace at the 3 and play a little PF but mainly have Brand PF and Mohammed playing Center. Think he's been good and rather have him and Brand than Chandler or Diaw starting alongside him. Think Diaw would get back to what he's good at then, Wallace always is less effective at the 4 and think Diaw's been stuck there too long. Similar deal, he looks worse than he is cos basically out of position.

As for which guard to send either Graham or Murry might have value (and would clear a few mins for Henderson who's been good, while leaving coach with the other as a vet back-up to Jax) plus maybe have to include Law or something to make up saleries but don't think that a big loss to get Brand in. Diop or Mohammed would make up the salery in a deal but I'm not sure Philly would want either to back up their own over-paid center in Dalembert.

Last edited by MikeUK : 01-02-2010 at 11:16 AM.
MikeUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:49 PM   #7
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Is this trade really a possibility or are we engaging in wishful thinking? If it's for real then we'll definitely make it into the playoffs this season.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:45 AM   #8
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
Is this trade really a possibility or are we engaging in wishful thinking? If it's for real then we'll definitely make it into the playoffs this season.

I think the one thing that could hold this type of deal up would be Johnson still looking to sell the team. Acquiring Brand means acquiring more future salary and I do believe that was part of why Mek was sent out.

Wasn't it Philly who was said to have called every team looking to make a deal? Brand is absolutely on the block and most teams won't want him and that contract. In our short history we've formed a habit of taking on salary for more talent...so if they can talk Bob into it this deal looks exactly like what LB/MJ would go for.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:45 AM   #9
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~spectre~
I think the one thing that could hold this type of deal up would be Johnson still looking to sell the team. Acquiring Brand means acquiring more future salary and I do believe that was part of why Mek was sent out.

Wasn't it Philly who was said to have called every team looking to make a deal? Brand is absolutely on the block and most teams won't want him and that contract. In our short history we've formed a habit of taking on salary for more talent...so if they can talk Bob into it this deal looks exactly like what LB/MJ would go for.

We'll know for sure if Bonnell posts something like "Bobcats Definitely Not Interested In Brand".
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: