Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-02-2010, 09:46 PM   #1
sergiorodriguez

Default does ikea use sweatshops?

As an architecture student, the cheap yet innovative product design of ikea is one of my biggest influences. The problem though I am not aware if ikea uses sweatshops or not. I cant write about ikea in my papers if they do use sweatshops because i know for a fact my hippie professor would get pissed and lower my grade. so does anyone know if ikea uses sweatshops?
Old 01-02-2010, 10:24 PM   #2
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

playtetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: does ikea use sweatshops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergiorodriguez
As an architecture student, the cheap yet innovative product design of ikea is one of my biggest influences. The problem though I am not aware if ikea uses sweatshops or not. I cant write about ikea in my papers if they do use sweatshops because i know for a fact my hippie professor would get pissed and lower my grade. so does anyone know if ikea uses sweatshops?

you assemble the sh*t from ikea yourself. so no, they don't use sweatshops.
playtetris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:31 PM   #3
Knuck the Ficks
Come touch it, Dave

Knuck the Ficks is a pretty well-respected posterKnuck the Ficks is a pretty well-respected posterKnuck the Ficks is a pretty well-respected poster

There are surely better ways you can find out about this.

But this isn't really about IKEA, it's about you craving attention. At least this time you didn't come to us with an imaginary cousin who committed suicide.
Knuck the Ficks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:36 PM   #4
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuck the Ficks

But this isn't really about IKEA, it's about you craving attention. At least this time you didn't come to us with an imaginary cousin who committed suicide.

How dare you speak like that to a 167 IQ, multiple awarded saxo player?
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:39 PM   #5
sergiorodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuck the Ficks

no i googled and nothing obvious popped up, but then i read a really long review of ikea and at the end it said they pay people in developing nations fair wages to keep their employees happy so no they dont use sweatshops, they also use wood from eco friendly sustainable forests. it just seemed like the information was being covered up and i wanted to know if anyone knew the info, but it turns out ikea just doesnt publicize the positive things it does for some reason.

end thread
Old 01-02-2010, 10:40 PM   #6
shlver
코비=GOAT

shlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
How dare you speak like that to a 167 IQ, multiple awarded saxo player?
shlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:28 PM   #7
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Manute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by playtetris
you assemble the sh*t from ikea yourself. so no, they don't use sweatshops.

Manute for Ever! is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: