Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-29-2009, 09:59 PM   #1
beasly15
TEXANS

beasly15 has decent reputationbeasly15 has decent reputation
Default hey bengals, are you gonna "colts" it this weekend??

we need you to beat the jets!!! i know kansas city and oakland are gonna try their best to get another win and ruin some team's playoff chances. will the bengals give this game away like the colts did??
beasly15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:27 PM   #2
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: hey bengals, are you gonna "colts" it this weekend??

Don't care. As long as Cincinnati gets through the first game without Palmer breaking his leg, it's a win on my part because at least we had a chance. *remembers 2005*
Meticode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:59 AM   #3
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There is a good chance Cincinnati rests up and lays off the pedal.

It's been proven time and time again that there really isn't a "right" way to enter the playoffs, so I don't care HOW they get in. I'm just glad they ARE.

If Houston beats New England, then I can envision Cincinnati going for the win.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:28 AM   #4
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981

It's been proven time and time again that there really isn't a "right" way to enter the playoffs, so I don't care HOW they get in. I'm just glad they ARE.

History shows when teams get hot before the playoffs they do well. Look at Cards, Steelers x2, Giants, Eagles, Cards, Colts. They were all hot going into the playoffs and did well but other teams that did poorly there last games like Dallas(07), Indy(I believe 2005) and a few others didn't do so good. That's why Minny and NO should be scared.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:59 PM   #5
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

I sure hope Cincy plays. I just can't see the Jets as a playoff team. They will easily be one of the worst playoff teams if they do make it. Yes, they have a solid D and a great running game, but they have a WR who has the dropsies consistently and a QB who has struggled.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:45 PM   #6
beasly15
TEXANS

from ESPN: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4782365

Quote:
Ochocinco said he has called coach Marvin Lewis "at least 20 times" to see how much the starters are playing, and insists he told him the Bengals are "playing to win."

i hope so.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:55 PM   #7
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4782745

Shouldn't someone tell Woodley that the Bengals ownedd the Steelers this season? I understand wanting everyone to play their starters and having a shot to get into the playoffs, but he took it a bit far. And how about learning some proper english before going off like that lol.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:03 PM   #8
beasly15
TEXANS

whoops!!! read it wrong. haha. basicly, yeah... everyone should play. all the time.

Last edited by beasly15 : 12-30-2009 at 06:15 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:04 PM   #9
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker

takeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation here

It won't matter whether they try or not, Jets will pound them. Not really, I'm pretty nervous about this game and the fact that the Jets are perrenial chokers.Revis on Ochocinco will be a good matchup.
takeittothehoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:17 PM   #10
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I dont see why they would not play the whole game.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:18 PM   #11
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker

takeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation here

Interesting article on a possible OchoCinco TD celebration this Sunday:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...ochocinco.html

This would be funny if he did it, you gotta admit. NFL will probably fine him 50,000.
takeittothehoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:29 PM   #12
beasly15
TEXANS

he needs to do that and then auction it to charity, but knowing the nfl, they'll want that money too on top of the fine.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:31 PM   #13
Lord Landry
Banned

Lord Landry has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981

I'm hoping and thinking that's going to happen.
Lord Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 08:32 AM   #14
beasly15
TEXANS

LOL alcohol will not be sold at the game. WEAK!
Old 01-02-2010, 01:17 PM   #15
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

Actually, the Bengals are better off resting the starters. There's a strong possibility that they'll play the Jets again in the wildcard game. Assuming the Ravens beat the Raiders and if I'm not mistaken, by rule a team can't play against a divisional foe in the 1st round.

Why should Cincy play their starters and expose play schemes and give the Jets the opportunity to counter and make adjustments in the game that really matters?
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: