Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-04-2010, 09:38 PM   #1
WeaponX2024
Banned

WeaponX2024 has an OK reputation so far
Default Brandon Marshall has surpassed Randy Moss this season

anybody care to disagree?
WeaponX2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:47 PM   #2
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Brandon Marshall has surpassed Randy Moss this season

Based on what?
GOBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:54 PM   #3
WeaponX2024
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Based on what?
Being a Top WR in the game. From the posts I see you talking about Marshall, I'm sure you disagree.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:02 PM   #4
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaponX2024
Being a Top WR in the game. From the posts I see you talking about Marshall, I'm sure you disagree.

I dont like B.Marshall character and approach to the game. I already acknowledge he is talented. You have yet to explain how he has surpassed Randy Moss tho. So i'm waiting. Shouldnt be hard, you made the thread. You made the statement. Support it.
GOBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:11 PM   #5
WeaponX2024
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I dont like B.Marshall character and approach to the game. I already acknowledge he is talented. You have yet to explain how he has surpassed Randy Moss tho. So i'm waiting. Shouldnt be hard, you made the thread. You made the statement. Support it.
Well Marshall is putting up dominant stats as is Moss. Marshall is the much better blocker, he's the best blocking WR in the league, where as Moss isn't as good of a blocker as Marshall mainly because he isn't as strong and I guess you could say he doesn't care enough either.

Marshall is much more versatile than Moss is. I mean from what I see, Moss is basically a deep threat and nothing more, the way I see it at least. Marshall is the best WR at getting YAC, especially for being a #1 Option WR, where as a guy like Wes Welker will get YAC since he is facing Linebackers and 2nd Corners. Marshall has more receptions than Moss, You could argue he gets force-fed, but then again you could argue the same for Moss especially that game against the Jets where he wanted to shut up Revis and he completely failed to do so.

8 of 13 interceptions thrown by Brady were intended to Moss. I could recall that 3 of those interceptions were made because Moss gave up on the play. Against the Saints, Panthers and Week 2 against the Jets by Revis. Only 4 of 12 interceptions thrown by Orton were intended to Marshall. You could argue all you want about Moss running deeper routes and being more of a risk, but he quit on 3 of those plays, which is only 1 less than how many interceptions intended to be thrown at Marshall.

That's why I feel Marshall is better.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:21 AM   #6
WeaponX2024
Banned

Nobody disagrees then.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:25 AM   #7
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Well Marshall is putting up dominant stats as is Moss. Marshall is the much better blocker, he's the best blocking WR in the league, where as Moss isn't as good of a blocker as Marshall mainly because he isn't as strong and I guess you could say he doesn't care enough either.

lmao shut up, I'm sure you've watched every WR block
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:32 AM   #8
WeaponX2024
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
lmao shut up, I'm sure you've watched every WR block
Give me a better blocking WR. Moss ain't one of them, I'll tell you that.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:36 AM   #9
Nanners
Decent college freshman

Nanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Give me a better blocking WR. Moss ain't one of them, I'll tell you that.

hines ward and vincent jackson for starters
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:37 AM   #10
WeaponX2024
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
hines ward and vincent jackson for starters
I could live with Hines Ward, I doubt it with Vincent Jackson.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:41 AM   #11
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Moss' pressence alone draws 3 DBs to him anyway...he doesn't even need to block...his work is done just by being on the feild...

seriously though, when comparing WRs blocking has to be near the very bottom of the totum pole...underneath "rape artist"...

Moss at his best > Jerry Rice at his best
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:44 AM   #12
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

is this thread a joke?
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:54 AM   #13
WeaponX2024
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
Moss' pressence alone draws 3 DBs to him anyway...he doesn't even need to block...his work is done just by being on the feild...

seriously though, when comparing WRs blocking has to be near the very bottom of the totum pole...underneath "rape artist"...

Moss at his best > Jerry Rice at his best
So you are pretty much saying Rice is better right? Moss never gives out his best. Rice had 3 things that separated himself from Moss. Work Ethic, Clutch, and Heart. Rice is the only WR that could be considered Greatest of all-time, not just at his position but greatest of all-time EVER. You must have really hated the 49ers to think Moss>Rice
Old 01-05-2010, 02:01 AM   #14
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
So you are pretty much saying Rice is better right? Moss never gives out his best. Rice had 3 things that separated himself from Moss. Work Ethic, Clutch, and Heart. Rice is the only WR that could be considered Greatest of all-time, not just at his position but greatest of all-time EVER. You must have really hated the 49ers to think Moss>Rice
if that is what seperates Rice from Moss (which it is)...then Brandon Marshall is so far seperated that you can't even see him...

Brandon Marshall's off the feild issues make Owens look like an angle...and Owens had a TON of work ethic...

f*ck Brandon Marshall...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:03 AM   #15
WeaponX2024
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
if that is what seperates Rice from Moss (which it is)...then Brandon Marshall is so far seperated that you can't even see him...

Brandon Marshall's off the feild issues make Owens look like an angle...and Owens had a TON of work ethic...

f*ck Brandon Marshall...
You don't understand Marshall's talent nor do you realize Moss has had off-court troubles as well. You are a Cowboys fan right? I hope you realize Irvin is the reason why you guys never got Moss. Since Moss was a trouble-maker himself and Irvin was starting to get in trouble at that point. They didn't want to take that risk. Some Risk the Vikings took.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: