Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-06-2010, 03:37 AM   #31
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Final Draft Order for 2010 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
Campbell is a restricted free agent and will more than likely be a cheap stop gap solution at QB for The Skins or another team. Mike Shanahan is not the type of guy to draft a QB just to take one. He will have to fall in love with one. If not he will wait next year to see if Locker, Mallet, and Snead do next year.
hmm...Jason Campbell or Sam Bradford

not a hard one at this point I don't think...it is pretty clear that Campbell is not the answer...time to look elsewhere...no need to just assume that Locker will be better than anyone coming out now...(and that they will be in position to get someone like that again)

Bradford would be head and shoulders above EVERY QB there is in college right now if it wasn't for that injury anyway...

I will be really shocked if Campbell is the QB next year...might as well completely clean house IMO...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:46 AM   #32
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You do not put the fate of your franchise on a QB you already are using the if not for injury caveat. Another year of Campbell will not kill the franchise, and will allow them to use this year's draft pick on a need that is more pressing. The line must be stabilized, and transformed to a Shanahan style zone blocking athletic line. I for one am not sold on Bradford pre or post injury. I don't view him as a franchise changing quarterback. He lacks the moxie needed to be elite.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:51 AM   #33
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
You do not put the fate of your franchise on a QB you already are using the if not for injury caveat. Another year of Campbell will not kill the franchise, and will allow them to use this year's draft pick on a need that is more pressing. The line must be stabilized, and transformed to a Shanahan style zone blocking athletic line. I for one am not sold on Bradford pre or post injury. I don't view him as a franchise changing quarterback. He lacks the moxie needed to be elite.

another year of Campbell means you have to resign him.

How much will that cost?

All I know is that he is not the answer... so the quicker you begin your search for a QB, the better...
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:51 AM   #34
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
You do not put the fate of your franchise on a QB you already are using the if not for injury caveat. Another year of Campbell will not kill the franchise, and will allow them to use this year's draft pick on a need that is more pressing. The line must be stabilized, and transformed to a Shanahan style zone blocking athletic line. I for one am not sold on Bradford pre or post injury.
I just don't see how they could possibly continue with Campbell...and give him a new contract even...time to do SOMETHING there, he has had more than enough time I think...taking a chance on someone else could only help imo...

but I suppose it could happen, I guess the Vikes were gonna stick it out with Tavaris had Favre not come in the picture...

guess we will just have to wait and see...
Old 01-06-2010, 04:01 AM   #35
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
I just don't see how they could possibly continue with Campbell...and give him a new contract even...time to do SOMETHING there, he has had more than enough time I think...taking a chance on someone else could only help imo...

but I suppose it could happen, I guess the Vikes were gonna stick it out with Tavaris had Favre not come in the picture...

guess we will just have to wait and see...
And why not? The Skins have a very savvy fanbase. Campbell is not the longterm answer, but on a 1 year deal with an option he can hold down the fort until Shanahan gets the type of QB he likes. Jake Locker is his kind of guy. I just don't see Bradford being a Shanahan guy. His arm is not a cannon, and he has shoulder issues already.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 04:23 AM   #36
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
And why not? The Skins have a very savvy fanbase. Campbell is not the longterm answer, but on a 1 year deal with an option he can hold down the fort until Shanahan gets the type of QB he likes. Jake Locker is his kind of guy. I just don't see Bradford being a Shanahan guy. His arm is not a cannon, and he has shoulder issues already.
he has Peyton like work ethic and accuracy from HELL...

Bradford can throw deep...infact I bet he can throw deeper than Elway, who did not have a "cannon" at all...

the only reason to pass on Sam is the injury, that looks like will keep him out of the combine to show up everyone as well...

waiting on Locker makes no sense, that is basically saying "I plan on having the #1 overall pick next year"...

no reason to wait, everyone is a risk entering the NFL, just go for it now while you are in position to get a big name...
Old 01-06-2010, 12:06 PM   #37
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGHzJo8Bc5k
2009 Jimmy Clausen Highlights

Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 04:13 PM   #38
tsforthrees
red vines cray

tsforthrees has decent reputation

well with shanahan you know the redskins are going to be riding portis and the running game, so campbell may flourish. i'm not a sam bradford fan and i don't think he's that much better than campbell. the skins should build other pieces of their team through the draft. if i were them i'd take okung.
tsforthrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 04:19 PM   #39
tsforthrees
red vines cray

well, despite what i think they should do, here's some news on what the skins are thinking:

http://football.realgm.com/src_wiret...ep_campbel l/
Old 01-06-2010, 05:06 PM   #40
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsforthrees
well, despite what i think they should do, here's some news on what the skins are thinking:

http://football.realgm.com/src_wiret...ep_campbel l/
^^^ that is the ONLY thing that makes sense knowing that Campbell is not the answer and that there are no free agents available AND that you are in possition to draft a big name QB...

mock drafts had the Skins taking a QB LAST YEAR even, Campbell is lucky that he even got this year to try and redeem himself...I don't see how it is possible for them to keep moving forward with him...

bringing in a new QB at the same time as the new coach makes it that much easier for them to get on the same page as well...there is no reason to put that off another year...
Old 01-06-2010, 05:34 PM   #41
tsforthrees
red vines cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
^^^ that is the ONLY thing that makes sense knowing that Campbell is not the answer and that there are no free agents available AND that you are in possition to draft a big name QB...

mock drafts had the Skins taking a QB LAST YEAR even, Campbell is lucky that he even got this year to try and redeem himself...I don't see how it is possible for them to keep moving forward with him...

bringing in a new QB at the same time as the new coach makes it that much easier for them to get on the same page as well...there is no reason to put that off another year...

i'm not a skins fan, so i'm not entirely familiar with how Campbell stands with the fans or organization.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:02 PM   #42
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

J-Camp (thats right, i just gave him a nickname ) is from Auburn so i'll be 100% behind him where ever he goes, but i dont think he has a future in Washington. Unfortunately we'll have to take our separate roads and draft Sam Bradford :-)/:-(
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:10 PM   #43
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
J-Camp (thats right, i just gave him a nickname ) is from Auburn so i'll be 100% behind him where ever he goes, but i dont think he has a future in Washington. Unfortunately we'll have to take our separate roads and draft Sam Bradford :-)/:-(

Yea... drafting Sam Bradford seems risky, in fact very risky... But I don't think there aren't any other options... unless you want to stick with J-Camp.

(Quincy Carter took the Cowboys to the Playoffs with a strong Defense)

These QB's can take years to find... Better to take a chance now then wait til' later... Even if your O-Line is a complete disaster.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:41 PM   #44
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm not sure Bradford should go top 10 with his recent shoulder problems. Unless he blows away teams with a strong April showing then I think it'd be stupid for a team like the Redskins to draft him.

I hope, as a Bears fan, the Lions pass on Suh, cuz I do not want to see him twice every year. He just looks like that once in a generation lineman.
ballinhun8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:53 PM   #45
steve

steve has a terrific reputationsteve has a terrific reputationsteve has a terrific reputationsteve has a terrific reputationsteve has a terrific reputation

I'm definitely pulling for the Redskins to draft Okung. Their line needs a lot more help than quarterback.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: