Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 01-07-2010, 12:16 AM   #16
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation
Default Re: manu ginobili is still a top 3 SG in this league

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursdynasty420
maybe you and you're team need to get on that championship medicine. its produces rings
Steve Kerr has rings ...
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:17 AM   #17
spursdynasty420
Banned

spursdynasty420 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayspursdynasty420 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
OJ Mayo> Manu Ginobili

and you don't want me to the head to head matchups from last year that proves it. We play you guys 2 times in the next 2 weeks so Manu will get exposed just like Mayo exposed Roy last night.

1. Kobe Bryant
2. Dwyane Wade
3. OJ Mayo
4. Brandon Roy ( after last night Mayo has to move up)
5. Joe Johnson
6. Vince Carter
7.Manu Ginobili
8. Kevin Martin
9. Ray Allen
10. JR Smith

LOL biggest homer post of the week right here. go ahead and post why you think mayo is better then ginobili. i cant wait for those games either.
spursdynasty420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:18 AM   #18
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
OJ Mayo> Manu Ginobili

and you don't want me to the head to head matchups from last year that proves it. We play you guys 2 times in the next 2 weeks so Manu will get exposed just like Mayo exposed Roy last night.

1. Kobe Bryant
2. Dwyane Wade
3. OJ Mayo
5. Joe Johnson
6. Vince Carter
7.Manu Ginobili
8. Kevin Martin
9. Ray Allen
10. JR Smith

this is a retarded list
Brujesino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:18 AM   #19
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
right now, you are on the same medicine as spursdynasty.
i guess iam but manu to me is still better then then roy and johnson
Brujesino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:23 AM   #20
WeaponX2024
Banned

WeaponX2024 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disaprine
WeaponX2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:23 AM   #21
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool

You forgot to add the parenthesis (when healthy)
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:25 AM   #22
spursdynasty420
Banned

spursdynasty420 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayspursdynasty420 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
You forgot to add the parenthesis (when healthy)

you got me there good thing hes healthy :P
Old 01-07-2010, 12:25 AM   #23
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
1. kobe
2. wade
3. ginobili
4. roy
5. joe johnson

Quote:
1. Kobe Bryant
2. Dwyane Wade
3. OJ Mayo
5. Joe Johnson
6. Vince Carter
7.Manu Ginobili
8. Kevin Martin
9. Ray Allen
10. JR Smith

StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:28 AM   #24
O.J A 6'4Mamba
Power32 (OJ Mayo)

O.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryO.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
LOL biggest homer post of the week right here. go ahead and post why you think mayo is better then ginobili. i cant wait for those games either.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1&p2=ginobma01

Mayo 25 points 3 rebs 3 assists 53% FG 91% FT
Manu 14 points 3 rebs 3 assists 51% FG 86% FT

head to head in 4 games.

I have never been a stat person i do the eye test. It is a totally different season let's see how they play Jan 12th i believe this thread will be bookmarked and bumped when we beat you guys.
O.J A 6'4Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:29 AM   #25
spursdynasty420
Banned

Quote:

head to head in 4 games.

I have never been a stat person i do the eye test. It is a totally different season let's see how they play Jan 12th i believe this thread will be bookmarked and bumped when we beat you guys.

why dont you post the minutes along with that?? lol.. one player has his own team to run the other player is the 3rd scoring option on his team
Old 01-07-2010, 12:29 AM   #26
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool

so good to see ginobili healthy and getting back to his old tricks. he's been getting more and more of those heady steals like we saw tonight. those are the kinda clutch plays that win games for us.

he's also shooting the 3 really well - in fact he's the best of the elite SGs mentioned in this thread. him being able to knock that shot down has really opened up the rest of his game. he's still able to get to the rim at will and his pick and roll game with duncan and blair has been solid.

fans wanna see 20/5/5 or better in a shooting guard and manu's days of playing around that level are probably over - especially considering he's playing about 12 minutes less per game than kobe/wade/roy/jj.. so statistically he won't rank in the top 5, but as far as intangibles, clutch play, and decision making he's as good as they come for my money.

as a go to guy in the playoffs, you know you can always call ginobili's number to make plays on both ends down the stretch - in that moment he is capable of playing at the level of any aforementioned SG. he's not going to carry the offense for the whole game like the other guys, but with the balanced attack the spurs have, he's the perfect complement and a serious closer.
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:38 AM   #27
Jinxed
Good High School Starter

Jinxed has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

head to head in 4 games.

Don't even try and get away with that...

Let's add

Manu MPG = 24

May MPG = 44

Adjusting for minutes played Manu's stats ARE WAY BETTER.
Jinxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:39 AM   #28
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This is almost worse than Jinxed thread claiming Deng is better than Kobe.

You really think Ginobili is better than Roy and Johnson?
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:43 AM   #29
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
why dont you post the minutes along with that?? lol.. one player has his own team to run the other player is the 3rd scoring option on his team

mayo 174 minutes
gino 96 minutes

in almost twice the minutes mayo averaged about 10 more ppg on 10 more FGA

also, in ginobili's limited time (24.3 minutes compared to 43.5) he averaged more rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, less turnovers, and less fouls. had the minutes been comparable this would have been ugly.

also ginobili was coming back from his injury/surgery in the first two games. (he only played 11 minutes in the first game)

also perhaps most importantly oj mayo's team lost every single game
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:47 AM   #30
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxed
Don't even try and get away with that...

Let's add

Manu MPG = 24

May MPG = 44

Adjusting for minutes played Manu's stats ARE WAY BETTER.

Manu doesn't play 40 minutes a game because HE CAN'T. Guy can barely stay healthy playing 24 minutes off the bench, and you want to adjust his stats as if his production would remain constant with increased playtime?!?

I'll give you Manu's stats if he average 40 MPG:

Ginobili - DNP - Injured
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: