Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 01-07-2010, 01:16 AM   #31
spursdynasty420
Banned

spursdynasty420 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayspursdynasty420 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: manu ginobili is still a top 3 SG in this league

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Manu doesn't play 40 minutes a game because HE CAN'T. Guy can barely stay healthy playing 24 minutes off the bench, and you want to adjust his stats as if his production would remain constant with increased playtime?!?

I'll give you Manu's stats if he average 40 MPG:

Ginobili - DNP - Injured

25 ppg 6assists 7 boards 1.2 steals 2 to

plus all the intangibles ginobili brings. too many of you ish scrubs dwell in stats. its pathetic
spursdynasty420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:18 AM   #32
itsGameTime
High School Starter

itsGameTime has not been impressing people

Make this thread when Ginobli plays a full season. I still give Joe Johnson and Brandon Roy the nod over Ginobli for this sole reason.
itsGameTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:21 AM   #33
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursdynasty420
25 ppg 6assists 7 boards 1.2 steals 2 to

plus all the intangibles ginobili brings. too many of you ish scrubs dwell in stats. its pathetic
Like he said, those numbers won't ever happen because he can't play that much.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 02:04 AM   #34
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsGameTime
Make this thread when Ginobli plays a full season. I still give Joe Johnson and Brandon Roy the nod over Ginobli for this sole reason.

I agree.. but atleast you recognize Gino's badassness. Dude is as legit as they come. If he stays healthy this year, I might be attending another alamo-dome/riverwalk celebration come June.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 02:19 AM   #35
JR POLO BOY
Can barely lace up my sneakers

JR POLO BOY has no real reputation yet.

I am a spurs fan from the heart. To be considered top 3 maybe, maybe not it is debatable but really is besides the point. He is a team player and knows his role thats what wins championships and he has the rings to prove it. And yes those foreign titles do matter they are to show you he is always on a championship level. As long as he is in the league he will be a competitor and one to acknowledge. I know there are plenty of people on here that dislike the spurs but cmon you have to be ignorant to not respect this dude.
JR POLO BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 02:34 AM   #36
spursdynasty420
Banned

spursdynasty420 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayspursdynasty420 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Spurs' Ginobili is now pain-free
By Mike Monroe - Express-News

The headaches and sore sinuses that robbed Manu Ginobili of a decent night's sleep during the Spurs' road trip to Washington and Toronto were gone by the time Wednesday's game against the Detroit Pistons tipped off at the AT&T Center.

It was the Pistons who felt the pain of Ginobili's restored health.

Ginobili took two charges and had a steal during an 11-0 fourth-quarter run that turned an air-tight game into a blowout victory for the Spurs. His defensive aggression, often applied full-court, keyed one of the most lopsided single quarters of the season for the Spurs.

“Oh, yeah, that felt good,” Ginobili said. “It looked like we were more energetic. We hustled more, played with more edge. It's great to see the team playing playoff-style, especially in the fourth quarter.”

The nasal congestion and headaches Ginobili had suffered on the Spurs' Eastern trip were cured he said by home cooking and lots of bed rest.

“The last three games were really tough for me, but I think you could tell I played with much more energy. I felt really good.”
spursdynasty420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:21 AM   #37
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's good that Manu is healthy but don't go overboard and start overrating the heck out of him. Thats why people say what they do about him because his fans think he is better than he actually is.

Manu is a game changer with his turn of direction and loppy style but he is not better than guys like Brandon Roy. When healthy maybe he is a top 5-8 shooting guard but health is the key thing. Can he stay healthy?
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:35 AM   #38
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

in order to be a top 3, or top in anything in this league, there is also an issue of being healthy.

Playing really well, but always getting injured, really doesnt amount to much, does it?
oh the horror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:40 AM   #39
elganator
I brick open layups

elganator has no real reputation yet.

Manu's game is great, but he is behind Kobe, Wade, and Roy as well as a few others probably.

If he was top 3 I would think he would at least be starting.
elganator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:53 AM   #40
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Top 3? Get outta here. Has he even been a top 3 Spur this season?
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:00 AM   #41
spree43
High School Varsity 12th Man

spree43 has an OK reputation so far

You obviously watch the spurs everynight and everytime Ginobili has a good game you start a thread about how great he is. Two threads so far this season, maybe that says something

I don't mean to offend, but if you say Ginobili is better than Roy right now you are an idiot or you've got a thing for balding foreigners

If Roy was coming off the bench for the spurs he would average 18-20, 4, 5 in 25 minutes

If you are using a 6th mans per minute stats to compare them to a starter who plays 40 minutes you don't understand much about the flow of a basketball game
spree43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:26 AM   #42
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

Spurs groupies are getting out of hand
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:31 AM   #43
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by spree43

If Roy was coming off the bench for the spurs he would average 18-20, 4, 5 in 25 minutes

If you are using a 6th mans per minute stats to compare them to a starter who plays 40 minutes you don't understand much about the flow of a basketball game

I disagree..and Ill tell you why..

Roy is much more methodical then Manu.. Roy takes his time, and kills you slowly... Manu comes in like a firecracker and just starts poppin.. pop pop pop pop...

Also, would Roy accept 25 minutes a night? Doubt it. He's in superstar mode and we've already seen him clashing with 'Dre...so its not even imaginable him in Manu's role..

Now what about Manu in Roy's role? Who knows. but I think, if healthy (which is what really gives thisthread life), Manu is capable of anything. Dude is a champion, gold medalist, and known for his STREET HUNGER, so I could defintely see him doing just as well as Roy, maybe even better.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:05 AM   #44
spree43
High School Varsity 12th Man

spree43 has an OK reputation so far

That's how starters and 6th men play, obviously it would be dependant on Roy taking the 6th man role

Starters score more methodically in general, 6th men come in pop pop poppin, it something to do with coming in when the games already going, or being fresh

Manu was more methodical when he started
spree43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:17 AM   #45
Dbrog
National High School Star

Dbrog has decent reputation

You gotta be kidding me . I'm a spurs fan and manu simply isn't better than JJ, Wade, Kobe, VC, Roy, Iguodala, Ray Allen, Stephen Jackson, Ellis, Mayo, and Tyreke Evans (ya I said it!). Put any of those guys on the spurs and they are a better team. As far as Tony being a top5 PG in the league right now...well....I'm not even gonna bother listing the people in front of him. BTW, Manu has NEVER in his life been top 3 SGs in the league.
Dbrog is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: