Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2009, 06:52 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator
 
insidehoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,310
insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Deron Williams barely getting All-Star votes

I think D-Will needs some PR help. He's not gonna start, but he certainly deserved higher votes than he's getting so far
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:03 AM   #2
magnax1
Not a mormon
 
magnax1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: EvenifIwonI'dlose
Posts: 17,685
magnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Deron Williams barely getting All-Star votes

He plays for Utah. What would you expect?
magnax1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 11:06 PM   #3
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare
 
El Kabong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,639
El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Deron Williams barely getting All-Star votes

Yep, I doubt he'd ever be the type who'd get voted in by the fans. Hopefully the coaches will pick him this year, although that may be a longshot too.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 11:58 PM   #4
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian
 
L.Kizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, TX -
Posts: 35,106
L.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Deron Williams barely getting All-Star votes

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnax1
He plays for Utah. What would you expect?
Stockton and Malone used to start in All-Star games all the time, no excuses.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 01:45 PM   #5
jazz873
College star
 
jazz873's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,809
jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Deron Williams barely getting All-Star votes

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Stockton and Malone used to start in All-Star games all the time, no excuses.
Your point?
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 02:59 PM   #6
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian
 
L.Kizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, TX -
Posts: 35,106
L.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Deron Williams barely getting All-Star votes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
Your point?
The point is, him playing for Utah is not the reason he's getting no votes ... as Stockton and Malone played for Utah and would start in All-Star games.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 05:42 PM   #7
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star
 
Xiao Yao You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Peking, P.R.C., Asia
Posts: 9,151
Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Deron Williams barely getting All-Star votes

Quote:
The point is, him playing for Utah is not the reason he's getting no votes

It's certainly part of it. Look how many great point guards there is to votefor too.

Quote:
... as Stockton and Malone played for Utah and would start in All-Star games

Yeah and AC Green also got voted in ahead of Karl once and the Lakers had 3 guards the one year(Kobe's first on hype not cuz he deserved it) while Stockton stayed home.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:21 PM   #8
jazz873
College star
 
jazz873's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,809
jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Deron Williams barely getting All-Star votes

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
The point is, him playing for Utah is not the reason he's getting no votes ... as Stockton and Malone played for Utah and would start in All-Star games.
It definitely plays a part in it.
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:40 PM   #9
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian
 
L.Kizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, TX -
Posts: 35,106
L.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Deron Williams barely getting All-Star votes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
It's certainly part of it. Look how many great point guards there is to votefor too.



Yeah and AC Green also got voted in ahead of Karl once and the Lakers had 3 guards the one year(Kobe's first on hype not cuz he deserved it) while Stockton stayed home.
I didn't say they started nin every All-Star games, but they had their fair share of starts.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:37 PM   #10
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star
 
Xiao Yao You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Peking, P.R.C., Asia
Posts: 9,151
Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Deron Williams barely getting All-Star votes

So could Deron? Nash is getting older and McGrady could come off the ballot next year.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:20 AM   #11
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)
 
Yung D-Will's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Jerry Sloan's Doghouse
Posts: 12,580
Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Deron Williams barely getting All-Star votes

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
The point is, him playing for Utah is not the reason he's getting no votes ... as Stockton and Malone played for Utah and would start in All-Star games.

So whats your point? We all know Deron is better then 85% of the people who make it
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:44 PM   #12
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star
 
Xiao Yao You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Peking, P.R.C., Asia
Posts: 9,151
Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Deron Williams barely getting All-Star votes

But it's still debatable as to rather he's ever deserved to make it or not or does this year either.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:43 PM   #13
idizzle
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,093
idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Deron Williams barely getting All-Star votes

Deron definitely deserves to be in the All-Star. He's the reason I even look at the Jazz.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:21 AM   #14
jazz873
College star
 
jazz873's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,809
jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Deron Williams barely getting All-Star votes

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
Deron definitely deserves to be in the All-Star. He's the reason I even look at the Jazz.
Exactly. No one looks at the Jazz besides the jazz fans.
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:22 PM   #15
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star
 
Xiao Yao You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Peking, P.R.C., Asia
Posts: 9,151
Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Deron Williams barely getting All-Star votes

Quote:
Deron definitely deserves to be in the All-Star. He's the reason I even look at the Jazz.


He deserves it because of his play or because of you?

Paul and Nash are having better years yet again at the point statistically. With McGrady(?), Kobe, Roy, Parker, Billups, Brooks and Ellis also in the running at guard. Suns, Lakers, Denver, Portland, SA are having better years than the Jazz and we know that's the first thing they look at not stats. Certainly arguable as to rather he deserves it.

Last edited by Xiao Yao You : 01-15-2010 at 05:28 PM.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:00 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy