Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 08-08-2006, 02:25 AM   #1
WuTangWizard
Local High School Star

Default Wizards Announcers

For those of you from the D.C. area that watch the games on Comcast Sportsnet, what do you think about Steve Buckandz and Phil Chenier. I think Chenier is pretty good but personally I can't stand Buckandz. His "backbreaker" and "daggers" are really irritating. He's also far more biased than Chenier. Am I the only one who doesn't like him?
WuTangWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 03:29 PM   #2
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

Personally I like both. I think they have good chemistry and good presence in the box. Both are homers but if you think they're biased you should check out some of the other local announcers around the country. They're awful.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 05:21 PM   #3
imjustlikemusiq
Speak To Me Cleanly

DAGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you dont listen to the Junkies?
imjustlikemusiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:39 AM   #4
BmoreRev
I Hit Open Layups

Default thoughts on Buck and Phil

I like Phil and Buck and don't think they are over the top homers like others I have heard. I go way back as a fan of Lez Bullez to the days in Baltimore before Phil was drafted! But I have to honestly admit that for years I have not felt that they add too many insights of substance to the viewing experience. They can however add to the entertainment factor if like me you are a Wizards fan.

I my opinion, they are much too heavy on reading of stats. in fact if I am watching a game "live" I usaully have my computer on with the stats in front of me. They are honest about what is going on though sometimes they have too much understatement. They do have great chemistry together and that is enjoyable. For years I have taped the east coast games and watched them at my convenince later in the evening. So ironically it benefits me because I can speed through the games without feeling I am missing any great insights from them. On games like tonight I will get home around 9 so I will miss the first half and watch it later. Which feed will I tape? The ESPN broadcast. Why? Becasue they do better job in my opinion of bringing the game insights to me, despite their lack of respect for the Zards.

That is my take on things. I expect to surprise the world by finishing 1st in the division and getting a 2 or 3 seed. I will be happy if we get to the conference finals. I don't think this will be our year to take it all but we could make a major step towards it. I like our chemistry and think the guys sound serious about playing better defense.
BmoreRev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 05:01 PM   #5
WuTangWizard
Local High School Star

If the Heat play like yesterday than 1st in division.
WuTangWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: