Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-10-2010, 09:47 PM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default The Philly loss described by Posterize

McNabb

I know McNabb has been getting blamed a lot, as he should, but there's way more too it. There weren't many passes where you looked at a McNabb throw and went "wow, I can't believe he missed that guy." There were a few times I felt he could have took off running. He had some of the worst pass blocking from his line even when Celek stayed back to block. When he was given time, receivers weren't getting open. Anybody thinking McNabb won't be back don't kid yourself. 1) Reid isn't going to let him go anywhere, 2) Nobody is going to give any kind of decent draft pick for a 1 year loan on an over the hill QB.

Offensive Playcalling

I was calling for them to run screen plays from the first quarter on. The first one they tried was to Westbrook when Ware sniffed it out. And after that? They didn't try it again until the 4th quarter where it was successful but way past too late. Why didn't they try to do it to idk...the other side? The one offensive touchdown that wasn't by Vick was on...surprises!...a screen pass.

The DeSean/Mike Jenkins matchup

From what I saw it didn't exist except maybe once? Terrence Newman was on DeSean the whole game and Maclin had Jenkins on him. The closest I saw DeSean/Jenkins come to each other was when Jenkins picked it off and then DeSean stripped him. Newman shut it down though, that's the best I've seen him play in 2 years.

The defensive playcalling

The very first drive of the game, though helped out from penalties, was a success to me. The Eagles worked a strong side blitz very effectively with Gocong and Clemons and got plenty of pressure on Romo. But then you stop that and start blitzing up the middle with Jeremiah freakin' Trotter? Romo could survey the field a 100 times over by the time your slowest linebacker reaches him. Why were the strong side blitzes stopped? Dallas has 3 plays that they use with great success: the delayed handoff/draw, the screen to the receiver or running back, and slants. If you can't figure that out in 2 previous games and a whole week to gameplan before the 3rd, you didn't do your job. In defense of the D, the 'Boys were starting on their 50 damn near every time they got the ball because the offense couldn't move, but poor showing.

The biggest play that never happened

The Sean Jones interception. That INT stands and the Eagles have the ball in the red zone after the run back, with a 10-7 lead being worst case scenario. It doesn't happen and turns into 14-7 Cowboys. Biggest play of the game, 2nd was the Sheldon Brown pass interference.

Immaturity/Undisciplined

3 plays that stand out to me

- The Maclin push to Hamlin's face (the penalty was offset because of Hamlin's headbutt back)
- Nick Cole bouncing it off his ass on a snap (McNabb recovered, but had to throw it out of bands, a wasted down)
- Asante's unsportsmanlike conduct right before halftime that gave Dallas field position for another 3 points

Overall I wasn't that upset by this year's loss as I've been in years past. And that's weird because this was vs. a rival. Maybe it's because I've expected more in years past and didn't see it with this team? I never had a feeling like this team was going to do anything special, questioned their "leaders" without Dawkins before the season started (and that showed in my point about "immaturity") and felt we were too young at too many positions. There was also that feeling that if we got past the Boys we wouldn't go anywhere else.

Congrats to the Dallas fans. Hope DeMarcus Ware takes off Favre's head JFK style and then Tarvaris leads Minny into the NFC championship game.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:58 PM   #2
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The Philly loss described by Posterize

Mcnabb irks and annoys me sometimes but there isnt a better solution. Fans need to realize that. I for one dont care to see Kolb here as our future. This OL was just too dinged up. It caught up with them vs a Dallas defense that has been clicking. And how funny is it the draft pick we trade to Dallas bites us in the ass? Spencer. Funny. We gotta get both OL/DL up to snuff. Find a pass rusher opposite Cole and figure out this OL because Shawn Andrews? Eh, who knows whats his story. And I havent even tackled LB.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:04 PM   #3
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

best Philly poster here by far...

Post, I believe that Jenkins/Newman just play sides...if Newman was on DeSean the majority of the game then that probably just means that DeSean lined up on the right side of the feild the whole game...

maybe in an effort to stay away from Jenkins even...

I could be wrong but I seriously doubt Wade glued Newman to DeSean...not after how well Jenkins has been...

(wow at Jenkins slipping and getting burned by Vick though...lol)

I DVRed it and will probably watch it again tonight...I will try to see what exactly happened there...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:18 PM   #4
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It was Newman's best game and maybe Jenkins' worst game of the Dallas games I've seen this year. There was a play (3rd or 4th quarter) where Maclin completely broke Jenkins' ankles. Newman was on Jackson almost every play. The only time they attempted 1 deep to Jackson both safeties came over to help Newman and break up the play with triple coverage, but had they not been there Newman would have had a shot to break it up himself. He was keeping up step for step with DeSean.

Another thing that bothered me was the toughness. Mikell/Sheldon got knocked out for a few plays on the play where Witten came up a yard short of the goal line. It didn't even look like anything serious and I still don't know how they got hurt. Fokou got hurt and left the game, Macho Harris had to get carried off the field for what I don't think was anything worse than a deep knee bruise. The only legit injury was when Celek nearly got his head taken off on that play they said was helmet to helmet but wasn't.

I've got a hard time believing the whooping would have been so bad with Dawkins still here. A loss sure, but not what we witnessed. Who does the pregame chants for Philly this year the way Brooking does Dallas'? It was always Dawkins' job to get this team fired up to play, I don't even know of a single vocal leader on the team. An upgrade in talent at certain positions (LB, S, O-line) is in order, but a character upgrade might be just as important.

Oh yeah, and why was Joselio Hanson on Miles Austin almost every time I looked up? SMH.

Last edited by Posterize246 : 01-10-2010 at 10:20 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:25 PM   #5
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
because Shawn Andrews? Eh, who knows whats his story.
He could be working out and getting in shape, hiring a personal trainer, working on his football skills, something. Instead he's updating his twitter every 15 minutes of the day. **** him.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:36 PM   #6
shake N bake
Serious playground baller

shake N bake has no real reputation yet.

its hard to win games when the D knows that all you do is pass..

westbrook is donee, and they needed a good Rb to balance their offense.

all dallas had to do was play two deep and philly couldnt find opening, also thier protect was the worst ive ever seen,

btw posterize u made some solid points
shake N bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:39 PM   #7
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Mcnabb irks and annoys me sometimes but there isnt a better solution. Fans need to realize that. I for one dont care to see Kolb here as our future. This OL was just too dinged up. It caught up with them vs a Dallas defense that has been clicking. And how funny is it the draft pick we trade to Dallas bites us in the ass? Spencer. Funny. We gotta get both OL/DL up to snuff. Find a pass rusher opposite Cole and figure out this OL because Shawn Andrews? Eh, who knows whats his story. And I havent even tackled LB.
i dont like kolb either but they have to give him a chance, they drafted him in the early second round. mcnabb is done anyway. lmao @ that gay ass entrance dance he did i knew we were doomed after i saw that.

and the andrews brothers should end their lives.
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:44 PM   #8
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I have a question for Philly fans (somewhat serious here btw)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1PzZ3OgzOU
(the McNabb dance)

^^^ were you guys laughing when that happened or were you embarrassed?

When they showed that I felt embarrassed for you, but reading some of the comments on it apparently some people found it hilarious...

just a little something I am curious about...???
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:56 PM   #9
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Embarrased because? I thought it was dumb. But Mcnabb has always been a corny dude in my book. Just with his sense of humor. Doesnt appeal to me.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:56 AM   #10
big baller
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

big baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This playoff game made me like the Eagles a lot less, they used to be my 2nd fav, now I could care less

Cowboys to the Superbowl FTW
big baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:06 AM   #11
TakitoEspanoza
National High School Star

TakitoEspanoza is considered somewhat coolTakitoEspanoza is considered somewhat coolTakitoEspanoza is considered somewhat cool

Cliffs:

We got our asses kicked by a much better team.
TakitoEspanoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:53 AM   #12
AtomSmasher
Truth Seeker

AtomSmasher has decent reputationAtomSmasher has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakitoEspanoza
Cliffs:

We got our asses kicked by a much better team.
and you weigh over 300 lbs. and haven't touched a woman for years.
AtomSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:23 PM   #13
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomSmasher
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:46 PM   #14
Nanners
Decent college freshman

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomSmasher

considering the "how can i quickly lose weight to look good for a coldplay concert" thread he made a little while back I highly doubt that he is even interested in women.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:37 PM   #15
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Anybody thinking McNabb won't be back don't kid yourself. 1) Reid isn't going to let him go anywhere
Officially confirmed
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: