Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-11-2010, 03:44 PM   #16
NoGunzJustSkillz

Default Re: The Philly loss described by Posterize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Officially confirmed
it's a damn shame. i want mcnabb traded & i wanna see vick and kolb battle it out for the starting spot.

it really hurt watching mcnabb not even consider taking off (with his legs) for a few yards to get the 1st a few times on sat.

Last edited by NoGunzJustSkillz : 01-11-2010 at 03:47 PM.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:46 PM   #17
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Did people actually think Mcnabb was going somewhere? lol Why?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:30 PM   #18
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Did people actually think Mcnabb was going somewhere? lol Why?
because hes terrible
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:10 PM   #19
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

McNabb is to terrible as you are to smart.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:26 PM   #20
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Jake Delhomme is terrible. I bet if Mcnabb was in Carolina they'd be in the SB this season.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:27 PM   #21
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
McNabb is to terrible as you are to smart.
iq of 133
Old 01-12-2010, 04:32 PM   #22
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

Doubt it.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:44 PM   #23
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
It was Newman's best game and maybe Jenkins' worst game of the Dallas games I've seen this year. There was a play (3rd or 4th quarter) where Maclin completely broke Jenkins' ankles. Newman was on Jackson almost every play. The only time they attempted 1 deep to Jackson both safeties came over to help Newman and break up the play with triple coverage, but had they not been there Newman would have had a shot to break it up himself. He was keeping up step for step with DeSean.

Another thing that bothered me was the toughness. Mikell/Sheldon got knocked out for a few plays on the play where Witten came up a yard short of the goal line. It didn't even look like anything serious and I still don't know how they got hurt. Fokou got hurt and left the game, Macho Harris had to get carried off the field for what I don't think was anything worse than a deep knee bruise. The only legit injury was when Celek nearly got his head taken off on that play they said was helmet to helmet but wasn't.

I've got a hard time believing the whooping would have been so bad with Dawkins still here. A loss sure, but not what we witnessed. Who does the pregame chants for Philly this year the way Brooking does Dallas'? It was always Dawkins' job to get this team fired up to play, I don't even know of a single vocal leader on the team. An upgrade in talent at certain positions (LB, S, O-line) is in order, but a character upgrade might be just as important.

Oh yeah, and why was Joselio Hanson on Miles Austin almost every time I looked up? SMH.
watched the entire game a second time last night...yeah, Newman just plays right and Jenkins left...they did not glue them to WRs...(same with Sheldon and Asante)

Jenkins had some slips but he also had some big deflections...as well as an int, unfortunatly he tried to get fancy and lateral the ball to Newman and gave Philly good feild position...his slip against Vick was bad too...Jenkins also had another ball that he picked at the end where his toe was out of bounds late inthe game...

I'm gonna be honest here, not tryin to talk sh*t but this game actually could have been a WHOLE lot worse for Philly than it was...after the Felix home run, which was early in the 3rd, Dallas basically just ran clock on you guys...and Ware even caused that fumble late in the game where they choose to do nothing...

the opening drive Dallas got all the way to the 3 yard line and somehow whistled their way out of FG range...wow

220 yards
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:48 PM   #24
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
I'm gonna be honest here, not tryin to talk sh*t but this game actually could have been a WHOLE lot worse for Philly than it was...after the Felix home run, which was early in the 3rd, Dallas basically just ran clock on you guys...and Ware even caused that fumble late in the game where they choose to do nothing...

No gurantee if they didnt eat up clock it would have been worse. Maybe Eagles get turnovers and cash them in for pts because Dallas was trying to tact on more. You never know with this game. What we do know is Dallas was the better team that day dispite me feeling they were getting away with things in front of the zebras face. Dallas is hot right now and that is usually what you need entering the playoffs.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:14 PM   #25
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
No gurantee if they didnt eat up clock it would have been worse. Maybe Eagles get turnovers and cash them in for pts because Dallas was trying to tact on more. You never know with this game. What we do know is Dallas was the better team that day dispite me feeling they were getting away with things in front of the zebras face. Dallas is hot right now and that is usually what you need entering the playoffs.
true...and thank you, for not pretending like we were not the better team...(the whole week)

220 yards worth of flags...and that was a post season record

I don't know which team had the bulk of that 220, but I do know that the zebras flagged Dallas a ton...all the way out of scoring range at the start...

the Sheldon PI was questionable I admitt...kind of a 50/50 thing...his legs/lower body ran into Miles...but his hands seems alright...that could have gone either way I think...in the end, I don't think it would have mattered all that much.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:39 PM   #26
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

when you take away the deep ball, mcnabb is below average, fact. thats why dallas ate him alive.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:51 PM   #27
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
true...and thank you, for not pretending like we were not the better team...(the whole week)

220 yards worth of flags...and that was a post season record

I don't know which team had the bulk of that 220, but I do know that the zebras flagged Dallas a ton...all the way out of scoring range at the start...

the Sheldon PI was questionable I admitt...kind of a 50/50 thing...his legs/lower body ran into Miles...but his hands seems alright...that could have gone either way I think...in the end, I don't think it would have mattered all that much.
The Eagles had about 65% of those yards, or at least they did when they showed it on the screen during the game. Philly had 110 at that point to about 60 for Dallas, don't know how many each finished with. Some stuff wasn't even on the field. Like I mentioned in the OP, the Maclin 15 yard penalty and the one on Asante too. A lot of the Dallas penalties were cheap 5 yard penalties on the O-line.

I disagree about the Sheldon one too. It was a PI clearly to me. Thing was the ball was actually underthrown and Sheldon put his hands out to where the ball should have been. Ball goes short, Austin puts his hands in to catch the ball and Sheldon hits him. Never got turned around either, if he did he probably could have attempted an INT. Austin slowing up for the ball caused their bodies to hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IwZqDTlejY

^The play is at 50 secs in. Look at how the pass was short and Austin had to slow down for it. Sheldon's momentum (from running back and thinking it's going to be on point) carries his body right into Austin.

Last edited by Posterize246 : 01-12-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:12 PM   #28
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy>
when you take away the deep ball, mcnabb is below average, fact. thats why dallas ate him alive.
your WRs are very easy to double because they are small...Dallas media talking about that now...

WRs like Moss, and Fitz, and Sidney Rice (who we face next) will just go up and grab sh*t even if they are tripled...DeSean/Maclin can't do that...
Old 01-12-2010, 07:17 PM   #29
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
The Eagles had about 65% of those yards, or at least they did when they showed it on the screen during the game. Philly had 110 at that point to about 60 for Dallas, don't know how many each finished with. Some stuff wasn't even on the field. Like I mentioned in the OP, the Maclin 15 yard penalty and the one on Asante too. A lot of the Dallas penalties were cheap 5 yard penalties on the O-line.

I disagree about the Sheldon one too. It was a PI clearly to me. Thing was the ball was actually underthrown and Sheldon put his hands out to where the ball should have been. Ball goes short, Austin puts his hands in to catch the ball and Sheldon hits him. Never got turned around either, if he did he probably could have attempted an INT. Austin slowing up for the ball caused their bodies to hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IwZqDTlejY

^The play is at 50 secs in. Look at how the pass was short and Austin had to slow down for it. Sheldon's momentum (from running back and thinking it's going to be on point) carries his body right into Austin.
oh yeah he clearly ran into him, I guess it just doesn't seem as blatent to me because Mile's arms/hands were never touched, and the ball did hit him in the hands...

but yeah, it did deserve a flag I guess...it looks worse at regular speed than it does in slow-mo
Old 01-12-2010, 07:20 PM   #30
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

meh, maclin is like the same height as miles austin
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: