Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2006, 08:34 PM   #31
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year
 
tontoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,420
Default

Early in the season you have to expect the ball handling to be sloppy.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:35 PM   #32
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 50,730
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
You guys can go ahead and ignore the numbers
But in the end, thats what is going to count

And you didnt watch the game. That is what counts. So everything you type and try to argue is moot. Shame isnt it?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:36 PM   #33
ppierce34
High school junior varsity star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 576
Default

Quote:
You guys can go ahead and ignore the numbers
But in the end, thats what is going to count

0 Assists
5 TOs

Watching the game would have helped you see that guys haven't done a good job of converting either. But you're not watching the game and trying to tell people what's going on...smart.

Quote:
Sixers need guys like Luke Ridnour or Earl Watson, 2 guys that define the PG position

Yes, because that will help the Sixers biggest problem of....defense...mainly interior. They scored a 100 points a game last year...offense wasn't a problem...did the yahoo scores not show that opposing team scored a lot against the Sixers.

Quote:
Luke with his:
One of the league's best Assist to TO ratio...at 3.5

Yes and his poor defense.

Billups is the only one I can think of that beats that, maybe Nash

A
Quote:
nd Earl Watson with his:
Unselfish playing style...Always trys to pass and not shoot

Because he's not the far and away the best scorer on the team.
ppierce34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:36 PM   #34
Glove_20
The Expert
 
Glove_20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
And you didnt watch the game. That is what counts. So everything you type and try to argue is moot. Shame isnt it?
Yet others ARE saying what the numbers are saying

Iverson has been "forcing" passess thus the "5 TOs"


Numbers don't lie...Once again
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:38 PM   #35
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 50,730
Default

Who said AI didnt force passes?


Quote:
Watching the game would have helped you see that guys haven't done a good job of converting either. But you're not watching the game and trying to tell people what's going on...smart.

Comedy. Some people cant swallow thier pride. Now he will sit there with stats and argue how he played.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:38 PM   #36
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year
 
tontoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,420
Default

What is up with all the AI criticism? Geez
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:38 PM   #37
Glove_20
The Expert
 
Glove_20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,200
Default

Watson is one of the best defensive PGs in the league

Why wouldn't you want a player like Watson?


TOTALLY unselfish, cuz he always tries to pass...
Shoots 42% from 3point land
Gets assists
ONe of the best defensive PGs
Doesn't complain about his role


That is a good PG right there
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:40 PM   #38
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year
 
tontoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,420
Default

Somehow i can't see iverson being Luke Ridnour's backup.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:40 PM   #39
IamtheWalrus
Banned
 
IamtheWalrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 225
Default

time to put silky smooth randolph in
IamtheWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:42 PM   #40
ppierce34
High school junior varsity star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 576
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
Watson is one of the best defensive PGs in the league

Why wouldn't you want a player like Watson?


TOTALLY unselfish, cuz he always tries to pass...
Shoots 42% from 3point land
Gets assists
ONe of the best defensive PGs
Doesn't complain about his role


That is a good PG right there

Never said he wasn't good or a good defender, Ridnour isn't a good defender. Doesn't change the fact you trade Watson and Iverson and the Sixers are not a better team, they're probably much worse.

And I said Iverson has forced passes, because he has forced a couple when he's had decent looks. I would think that hurts his argument, as if you've watched(which he hasn't) means he's looking to pass more, why he's using it is beyond me.
ppierce34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:42 PM   #41
Glove_20
The Expert
 
Glove_20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
Somehow i can't see iverson being Luke Ridnour's backup.
Somehow

I can't either

Whats your point? AI and Ollie (PG) started for the Sixers...
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:43 PM   #42
Glove_20
The Expert
 
Glove_20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppierce34
Never said he wasn't good or a good defender, Ridnour isn't a good defender. Doesn't change the fact you trade Watson and Iverson and the Sixers are not a better team, they're probably much worse.

And I said Iverson has forced passes, because he has forced a couple when he's had decent looks. I would think that hurts his argument, as if you've watched(which he hasn't) means he's looking to pass more, why he's using it is beyond me.
Never said anything about Trading away AI for Watson

Just said that Watson would be a solid addition to ur team
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:44 PM   #43
Glove_20
The Expert
 
Glove_20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,200
Default

And I'd rather keep Watson and Ridnour


Gives the Sonics one of the best Double PG rotations in the league

Big reason why they are going to the playofffs this year
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:45 PM   #44
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 50,730
Default

Webber blows.
Iggy handles arent great, that is why he cant break his man down and penetrate.
AI forced another pass/turnover

Up 19 but this is a sloppy game from both teams.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:47 PM   #45
ppierce34
High school junior varsity star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 576
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
Never said anything about Trading away AI for Watson

Just said that Watson would be a solid addition to ur team

Of course he would, he would be for any team.

You know what would be much better, big men with the slightest bit of basketball IQ that could improve the interior D and rebounding, because that's the real issue with the Sixers.
ppierce34 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:00 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy