Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 05-25-2010, 02:14 PM   #16
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Official Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 thread

Doesn't Starcraft get the award for longest wait for a sequel? When did brood wars come out 1998?

Big fan of both franchises before they hibernated.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 03:34 PM   #17
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Sakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina
Doesn't Starcraft get the award for longest wait for a sequel? When did brood wars come out 1998?

Big fan of both franchises before they hibernated.

Yeah it did, ppl played it till now, the only let down of BW is it's graphics and that's understandable. If you can live with that horrid graphics it's damn good game. SC2 however is good in every RTS aspect.
Sakkreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 03:52 PM   #18
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakkreth
Yeah it did, ppl played it till now, the only let down of BW is it's graphics and that's understandable. If you can live with that horrid graphics it's damn good game. SC2 however is good in every RTS aspect.
I just couldn't see myself playing RTS's now. I might get a heart attack with all the pressure.

Wonder how Diablo 3 might play. Will it be more Baldur's Gate like?
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 04:26 AM   #19
taibien86
I hit open layups

taibien86 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Chigurh
But what bums me is that sc2 will be cut into 3 games. with the toss coming in last, which are my fav race. so knowing blizzard, we wont be able to see the ending until 2015 at least

its not really 3 games... its the main game and two expansion packs. you'll be able to play as all the races in the first installment on battle.net at least
taibien86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:56 PM   #20
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by taibien86
its not really 3 games... its the main game and two expansion packs. you'll be able to play as all the races in the first installment on battle.net at least

I didn't know that... lame
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:49 PM   #21
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

Juges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation here

Starcraft is/was my favorite game of all-time. I played the beta for the second one and I think that it will probably end up being my new favorite. It is a lot a of fun and they did a really good job with it. I can't wait to get the game lol.
Juges8932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:28 PM   #22
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

StarCraft 2 beta opened back up. They added AI opponents so now I can get some real practice in.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:14 PM   #23
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
StarCraft 2 beta opened back up. They added AI opponents so now I can get some real practice in.

haha ya, im glad they got all the AI difficulties

i can beat 'hard' AI, but not 'very hard' or 'insane'
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 04:52 AM   #24
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here

I just used the lazylauncher to check out the units on a few maps (AI terrible of course), but ive seen more then enough of SC2 to know that ill get it when it comes out, even knowing I wont be able to play it much before I leave.

Only complaint I have (and note, this is just from tinkering around with the units against shizzy AI) is that Terran will dominate in late stages. How could they not? BC's always dominated in the first SC, but now you add Thors on the ground and they cant be stopped. Even the immortals get pounded away pretty quick and if there is even a slight mix of lower level troops (Rines or Rauders) then that is taken care of. And Zerg? psssh, what hope do they really have?

Ultralisks get blown apart by the BC's and im really not impressed with the Brood Keeper.
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:47 PM   #25
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

hmmm i might as well bump this

new starcraft 2 expansion: heart of the swarm units revealed

http://starcraftcentral.net/forum/in...p?topic=2604.0

r.i.p carrier (they were useless anyways haha)

and diablo 3 is free to play for wow subscribers.. pretty crazy
Old 10-22-2011, 12:52 AM   #26
Maniak
Feminist Homewrecker

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I play sc2. pm me if you wanna be friends and play together sometime.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:51 AM   #27
intrinsic
Local High School Star

intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris

and diablo 3 is free to play for wow subscribers.. pretty crazy

Activision making a push to lock in their subscribers before tor. Something around $150 up front for a 1-year commitment to WoW, then d3 is "free".
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:38 AM   #28
jaydacris
Rose

^ yah pretty much
not to mention they plan on making a boatload from microtransactions
nerds with money will pay good gear/weapons
Old 10-23-2011, 03:41 AM   #29
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Heart of the Swarm

Looks sick... new units.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:05 AM   #30
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

I played D2 Xpac all through high school. Will definitely be buying Diablo 3!
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: