Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 06-16-2006, 12:40 PM   #31
AmazingWade
I airball my layups

AmazingWade has an OK reputation so far

Wade happens to rise to the occasion when his team needs him, it is not out-of-the-ordinary for a player to overcome injuries and play well while injured/sick. Wade gets criticized for it because people think that if he is going to say he is hurt or sick that he should play bad and not perform so well. So instead when Wade plays great and looks like a hero people criticize him for it. Some people (for whatever reason) just want to have a reason to not like Wade. Because there is nothing NOT to like, he is a good person and good player so you know people just have to try and find something not to like.

To add to that I guess he can't win either way, cause if he plays bad like he "should" if he were really hurt then people would bash him for not stepping up.
AmazingWade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 12:42 PM   #32
theinfamousmobb
Local High School Star

theinfamousmobb has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingWade
Wade happens to rise to the occasion when his team needs him, it is not out-of-the-ordinary for a player to overcome injuries and play well while injured/sick. Wade gets criticized for it because people think that if he is going to say he is hurt or sick that he should play bad and not perform so well. So instead when Wade plays great and looks like a hero people criticize him for it. Some people (for whatever reason) just want to have a reason to not like Wade. Because there is nothing NOT to like, he is a good person and good player so you know people just have to try and find something not to like.

To add to that I guess he can't win either way, cause if he plays bad like he "should" if he were really hurt then people would bash him for not stepping up.
Yup
theinfamousmobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 01:01 PM   #33
Kobe Bryant
I airball my layups

Kobe Bryant has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingWade

book it
Kobe Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 01:03 PM   #34
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default Is Wade the new Kobe?

i mean he has so many topics on the front page of ISH
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 01:04 PM   #35
theinfamousmobb
Local High School Star

Hes owning the freaking NBA Finals, he should have the most threads...
Old 06-16-2006, 01:05 PM   #36
Banks91
Decent playground baller

Banks91 has an OK reputation so far

The guy is in the finals, playing on one of the last two teams and he's playing great. Shouldn't that mean we should be talking about him??

If he wasn't in the playoffs, or lost early, it would seem weird having all these Wade topics.
Banks91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 01:05 PM   #37
BASKETBALL BABE
I hit open layups

BASKETBALL BABE has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinfamousmobb
Hes owning the freaking NBA Finals, he should have the most threads...
BASKETBALL BABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 01:06 PM   #38
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

He's had a terrific last two games in the NBA FINALS. He is supposed to have threads about him.

If he had played bad there would probably be MORE threads. That's the way ISH works.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 01:07 PM   #39
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

he's not the new kobe....He's the newest member to the elite player club......the guy is a monster

he deserves it all
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 01:07 PM   #40
theinfamousmobb
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
He's had a terrific last two games in the NBA FINALS. He is supposed to have threads about him.

If he had played bad there would probably be MORE threads. That's the way ISH works.
Hmmm its lose lose for Wade, play well and hes faking injuries, play bad and hes not stepping up.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:13 PM   #41
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Well, playing well will always overshadow anything else.

And whereas you think of it as a lose/lose, I think of it as a win/win for Wade. I mean, if he plays well like he's doing now, he's a warrior for playing injured and will be praised, and if he plays bad, well, he was injured.

TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 01:17 PM   #42
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

sore losers will always be quick to point out small thinsg
Old 06-16-2006, 01:24 PM   #43
Joey Zaza
Local High School Star

Joey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat cool

Lets see - explosive guard, plays with Shaq, goes to the Finals, gets praised for his play - followed by made up historic records, exaggerrated comparisons, ESPN manufactured drama -- followed by the hate from those of us who find the whole bit annoying.

I'd say yeah - he's the new Kobe.
Joey Zaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 01:25 PM   #44
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re:

what will Kobe's new role be now that someone has taken the stigma off him?

will Kobe finally ascend to GOAT status?
Old 06-16-2006, 01:29 PM   #45
itsmedamien
I airball my layups

itsmedamien has an OK reputation so far
Default ............

Quote:
what will Kobe's new role be now that someone has taken the stigma off him?

We'll see next year. As for right now, I'm just enjoying the amazing play of Dwyane Wade. As long as the Heat win and GP can ride off into the sunset a champion, I'll be the happiest kid on the block.
itsmedamien is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: