Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 10:04 PM   #1
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default The Official Post Game Thread

hey dedicated Nets fans. ever want to discuss the post game after every game just among the true Net fans without interference from other fans on the main board? after each and every game, there will be discussion in this stickied thread.

so how about that Raptor game?

Jason Kidd with his 76th career 3D (shot over 50% from the field!), Carter filling it up with 25/11/6, and Nachbar showing it he can be the man off the bench.

of course, Krstic was his usual stud self, RJ was the facilitator, Collins was the enforcer (within his own limits of course) and Marcus Williams got his burn throughout the game.

good times all throughout.

now just a few critical points:

their three point defense is noticeably better this year, yet at times when they give up open looks when zoning (of course that is the whole point of why a zone can be defeated by outside shooting) so Frank will need to stress goin away from the zone unless in critical periods.

also i think Marcus was rather jittery. had wide open looks which he made in preseason but could not make today. nice buzzerbeater though. he'll pick it up.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:43 PM   #2
RichMo
OL' Schoolin 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
hey dedicated Nets fans. ever want to discuss the post game after every game just among the true Net fans without interference from other fans on the main board? after each and every game, there will be discussion in this stickied thread.

so how about that Raptor game?

Jason Kidd with his 76th career 3D (shot over 50% from the field!), Carter filling it up with 25/11/6, and Nachbar showing it he can be the man off the bench.

of course, Krstic was his usual stud self, RJ was the facilitator, Collins was the enforcer (within his own limits of course) and Marcus Williams got his burn throughout the game.

good times all throughout.

now just a few critical points:

their three point defense is noticeably better this year, yet at times when they give up open looks when zoning (of course that is the whole point of why a zone can be defeated by outside shooting) so Frank will need to stress goin away from the zone unless in critical periods.

also i think Marcus was rather jittery. had wide open looks which he made in preseason but could not make today. nice buzzerbeater though. he'll pick it up.

You forgot one guy.One man. One believer when others didn't believe. A role player. A humble teamate. And soon to be my new hero. Ladies and gentleman, I have two words for you....BO-KI. Like action Jackson said, The Bar is open! I hope this guy plays like this the rest of the the year.
Nets fans, Lets rally around this guy! He's been bustin his ass all pre-season to show he belongs. He is not a super star but this guy can play. He also causes a lot of match up problems. Check out his stats tonight.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:14 PM   #3
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

nope I got him, but I should have given him more props in this article.

Boki has all the tools needed to beo ur 6th man candidate who propels us to the NBA CHampionship. YEAH!

also Mikki Moore was very active. gettin gseveral blocks, deflections, offensive boards, and putbacks. kinda like Kenyon Martin-lite.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:43 AM   #4
gigantes
‪ ‪

unfortunately i don't have YES so all i could do was catch highlights while watching cavs-wiz and suns-clips.

...but i'm very pleased by how much time frank let williams play. even with his weak defense. this should (knock on wood) pay huge dividends for williams and kidd (and the team) come playoff time. everyone should be very comfortable playing with each PG and frank will have some superb options in terms of what kind of pressure he wants to put on the enemy defense.

about the only thing that concerns me right now is twin's foot.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:54 AM   #5
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

I liked the game, kinda sloppy but given being the first game, I like that the bench is much deeper, I liked moore and boki's time on the floor, marcus looks badass, only thing I dont like in his game is being younger than kidd he seems slow and doesnt push the ball fast enough oh and marcus learn to shoot an open 3. As for my fave player Kidd hope the coaches consider him for the ASG, it needs J-kidd no player as exciting as him to watch. Looks like a promising season ahead. GO NETS!
Old 11-02-2006, 06:41 AM   #6
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

I didn't get to see the first half of the game, but I was very impressed by Mikki Moore, he stats don't seem to show how much hustle he put into the game. Very pleased to see Jkidd with the triple double and Vince was scoring as usual while Jefferson took on a secondary role while still active. MWill with 8 rebounds, pretty surprising though, good first win especailly when we don't normally win the first games.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:18 AM   #7
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDjinn
I liked the game, kinda sloppy but given being the first game, I like that the bench is much deeper, I liked moore and boki's time on the floor, marcus looks badass, only thing I dont like in his game is being younger than kidd he seems slow and doesnt push the ball fast enough oh and marcus learn to shoot an open 3. As for my fave player Kidd hope the coaches consider him for the ASG, it needs J-kidd no player as exciting as him to watch. Looks like a promising season ahead. GO NETS!

speaking of which ,in one possession when Marcus was taking the ball up, you could audibly hear Frank yell : "RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN" but Marcus slowed the pace down. I think he's not fully confident in himself in leading the break yet. but things will come around soon.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:47 PM   #8
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

Good win. Triple double in his first game..Kidds THE MAN!
Old 11-04-2006, 12:25 PM   #9
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re:

tough loss to Miami.

the Nets failed to capitalize on Wade's early foul trouble.

Payton also showed he could still compete (though it boggles the mind why he bricks his open shots on national TV yet makes it against Kidd)

Marcus Williams showed obvious signs of rookie mistakes (why feed Jason COllins on the break? and why did he dribble penetrate 7 down with 30 seonds left?). His shooting is also not great. probably jsut jitters.

also, not having Cliffy hurt since Shaq demolished Mikki Moore.

RJ was off all night, and if he were on, NEts would have taken it no problem.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:35 PM   #10
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

Didn't get to watch the game, but I hear for many that RJ had a pretty bad game. I know the game was close because I called a friend ast around 930 and it was midway through the 4th and it was tied in the 70's, I'm sure we'll bounce back against the Jazz, too bad it's not until Wed. though.
Old 11-04-2006, 01:56 PM   #11
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re

im sure 4 days rest will be a good thing. the Jazz have been winning good games so the Nets will need all the time they can to adjust to the Jazz,

it will be fun to see Collins vs Collins.

and about the Heat game, RJ wnt 3-14 because he simply could not knock down an OPEN shot to save his life that night. the Heat left him OPEN. if he had converted a few more, the outcome of the game might have been different.

but regardless, he played tough defense, and pushed the break relentlessly (the 3 field goals he did get were layups on fast breaks)
Old 11-04-2006, 05:19 PM   #12
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

Jazz will be a tough game. They beat the Suns yesterday. I'm torn on this game because they have so many Illinois players. But Nets are still #1 in my book. Go Nets!
Old 11-04-2006, 09:01 PM   #13
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re

AK is a prominent defensive force, but he needs to pick his point. Try to stop Carter? or try to stop RJ?

i have a clip of last year's Jazz@Nets game.

AK shadowed Vince on every move, and Okur came to double. Vince faded away with both guys leaping up with perfect timing, and Vince still nailed it.

Boozer will need to be checked. I wonder if Collins will be able to adapt to Boozer's power/agility game.

Krstic will probably be free to roam the perimeter as Okur/Collins may be lodged in the paint to discourage the other NEts wingmen.

and woulnd't it be cool if Jason Collins dunked over Jarron Collins?
Old 11-07-2006, 05:25 PM   #14
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re

you know, because of the four day layoff, I have been watching Knick games to pass the time. yes I know...
Old 11-07-2006, 06:39 PM   #15
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

Well, this will make you appreciate the quality basketball the Nets play as opposed to the garbage the Knicks give you.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread