Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 08:03 PM   #16
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

their starting unit is horrible. sure they have nice one on one moves and Marbury can score at will it seems, but Francis seems like a fish out of water. Eddy Curry plays like a defensive tackle.

the second unit of Balkman, Collins, Lee, Frye, and Robinson play with tremendous hustle and energy, but if I wanted to see that kind of basketball I'd go watch college basketball.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:44 PM   #17
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Personally, I think College ball is better than NBA. It's just more fun to watch and you can feel the energy all season long. I'm sure Wang would agree with me. Once you go Illini you don't go back . But as far as NBA goes, I don't like watching anything more than the Nets games.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:55 PM   #18
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

I'm not going to say Collegeball is better than the NBA, but Collegeball is damn good. It's the only league that I can not follow all year and still get into come playoff time.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:12 PM   #19
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

here are some Jazz post game thoughts:

because the Jazz are a very disciplined team offensively and defensively, and the Nets put tremendous effort into their execution tonight. as a result, the game was very sloppy.

but I like how the Nets put their defense to a higher level and shut down AK, Boozer, and Okur.

Deron Williams looks like a stud. Marcus Williams was not given much of a chance, but made the most of his opportunities with his scoring.

Kidd may have had very few assists, but based on the games, he set up his teammates well, they just could not quite convert bceause of the intense Jazz defense.

Carter with 30 points on terrible shooting. meh.. it would only be an issue if the Nets lost. but he played through a hyperextended quad muscle so that shows he is tough.

and RJ with the clutch DAGGER to seal the game.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:59 PM   #20
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re

heys guys, I know traffic is going slow on this Nets forum, but I would like to make a goal:

swell this "post game" thread to at least 2000 posts throuhgout the season and playoffs. this would foster some really good Nets conversations. of course feel free to write whatever you'd like.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:38 AM   #21
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i'm pleased with how many mins frank gave wright (32, wow!) but i'm not thrilled kidd got played 37 mins. but small ball is nice for the rookies.

in future i'd like to see adams get more minutes per game. by season's end he could be a valuable stopper to backup RJ on the other team's best scorer.

overall, nice to see the nets easily handle the league's hottest team. i don't think the jazz are all that great, but it was still a quality win. already this is looking like a much more promising year than last year. of course this was already clear in the preseason, but it's nice to see it confirmed 'officially'.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:58 AM   #22
whaley82
High School JV MVP

whaley82 has decent reputation

I agree with the minutes. Id like to see Kidd down to 30 minutes and Adam needs much more minutes I forget how much he had last night but he needs more then that. He could be very valuable on both ends of the floors.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:33 AM   #23
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re

hmm yeah Kidd's minutes were rather up there.

but look at the bright side:

if they did not play Kidd more minutes the Jazz most likely would have won.

and there will be plenty of midseason games when teh Nets blow out the opponent so much by the third quarter, that Kidd practically only plays 25 minutes.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:46 PM   #24
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

Got to see the last quarter, glad we won. Frank did a good job coaching by going to small ball and forcing Boozer to sit on the bench.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:51 PM   #25
jcrudo
I airball my layups

jcrudo has an OK reputation so far

Last night was certainly a quality win. I was at the game and looked at the game stats. If my memory serves me correct, AK didn't score until the second half. The nets did a great job defending him, despite early foul trouble for RJ in the 1st Q.

Krstic and Nachbar were not themselves. Luckily the big three were able to pick up the slack and carry the nets to victory. RJ looked much better last night despite the sore ankle. I hope Carter's injury doesn't prevent him from playing against Miami.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:20 PM   #26
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re

ive hyperextended my quad before. as long as it does not tense up, you should be at least 85% the next day. and hopefuly more the second day.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:53 PM   #27
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

RJ shoulda windmilled it on the fast break. Mikki Moore didn't play...probably becasue Cliff is back. Nachbar had a bad game, hopefully he will bounce back against Miami. I smell a 10 game win streak coming.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:26 PM   #28
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re

Nets hvae a Western road trip coming up soon.

but luckily its Seattle, Portland and... LAKERS!
Old 11-10-2006, 10:41 PM   #29
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

We fell behind in the 3rd quarter and just couldn't catch back up. Wade really picked things up and the injuries to Vince and RJ didn't really help. Kidd showed flashes of his old self, but couldn't keep it up. Some bright spots were Wright and Mwill, but I'm starting to think that the Heat play better against us than anyone else.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:29 AM   #30
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i'm not worried.

like i said before, games this time of year mean the least out of the entire season. the nets have much bigger upside than the heat. let them have a couple early wins- it will mean jack squat come playoff time, when the nets (frank and good health permitting) will be a much different team.

let the NYC knuckleheads talk all they want, VC. as long as the nets play .500 ball during the rookies' developmental stage all will be well come playoff time, and any heat overconfidence will come back to bite them in the ass once the games really matter.

it's the same concept if i was a mavs or suns fan. those teams have too much talent to be worried about early slumps. you better believe that come playoff time they'll both be battling with the spurs for the WC crown.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread