Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-19-2013, 12:22 AM   #1
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation
Default Worse contract: Amar'e Stoudemire or Joe Johnson?

So Amare will be robbing the Knicks for an additional 45.1 million over the next 2 years after playing 29 games this year and being a compete detriment to the team while out there. Somehow his numbers look alright but he plays 0 defense, gets scored on every time. And literally cannot rebound for shit, gives up tons of offensive boards that should have been easy rebounds. He can still score somewhat, that's it

Joe Johnson has 3 years left set to make about 60 million, ouch. JJ can still score and was pretty clutch for the Nets this season but it's still a hell of a lot of money for a guy who shoots that much without doing much else. He actually seems like he kind of fits on this Nets team but every hardcore Nets fan i've talked too isn't too impressed with him

So who'd you rather have for the remainder of their contract? Has Amare surpassed Joe as worst contract in the league?
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:33 AM   #2
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star

tpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this board
Default Re: Worse contract: Amar'e Stoudemire or Joe Johnson?

Both deadweight so I'll take the one with the shorter contract.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:34 AM   #3
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat cool

JJ actually plays
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:36 AM   #4
TheStarting5ive
Decent playground baller

TheStarting5ive has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
JJ actually plays

This. There really is no comparison.
TheStarting5ive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:37 AM   #5
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star

tpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
JJ actually plays
In the playoffs this point is actually a negative. Which means it's pretty much a negative anyway.

Meanwhile the knicks play better without Amare playing.. Make his benching a net positive.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:38 AM   #6
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

I don't get why the Knicks didn't just stick with David Lee. He's cheaper and he's a much better player.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:42 AM   #7
PickernRoller
2/5

PickernRoller has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
I don't get why the Knicks didn't just stick with David Lee. He's cheaper and he's a much better player.

Fortune telling is cheap these days too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsPackers
So Amare will be robbing the Knicks for an additional 45.1 million over the next 2 years after playing 29 games this year and being a compete detriment to the team while out there.

Actually, it's Knick's management that decided to throw money away. If it's free why not take it?

Last edited by PickernRoller : 05-19-2013 at 12:46 AM.
PickernRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:46 AM   #8
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

amare is up there with allan houstons 100 mil contract
we got the worst fo at decision making
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:35 AM   #9
HarryCallahan
Banned

HarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation here

JJ's is worse. It's longer and he plays more.
HarryCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:36 AM   #10
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Easily JJ. At least he has some confidence and still hits big shots.

Amare is a mental/physical wreck, and I'm not sure he'll ever be a starting caliber NBA player again.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:19 AM   #11
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

The injured one
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:30 AM   #12
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat cool

ummm. definitely JJ. because it was the knicks who signed amare. i appreciate amare for making that jump to the knicks in his chance to bring respectability to a franchise that had been sorry as hell for 10 years. unfortunately, he keeps getting hurt and the knicks brought along a player that does not make him any better, takes away a lot of his touches. plus amare keeps getting hurt every year, and he is a non factor for 3 straight fckin postseasons

so maybe amare's really is worse

imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:21 AM   #13
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent

Completely agree but I was actually a big fan of Lee in his NY days and was always pretty high on him. Honestly, I always thought his ceiling was a good starter but he even surprised me making the allstar team and being sortof a sold #2 option. I swear the guys always oozed 15/15 potential to me. I actually own a David Lee NYK jersey that I bought his rookie year, I doubt many people have one of those. I also have a NYK Jamal Crawford if anyone's looking for obscure jerseys
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:22 AM   #14
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster

Fat **** **** Perkins
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:11 AM   #15
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

not only does jj play, but amare's contract isn't even insured. amare might be the worst contract in the league since gilbert arenas. worst 3 contracts i can think of in the last ten or so years...1. gilbert 2. amare 3. rashard lewis
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: