Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-15-2010, 02:29 PM   #1
mjc1241
Kids at the park dunk on me

mjc1241 has an OK reputation so far
Default Draft do-over? Jennings w/the 8th pick and Dejaun Blair with the 28th pick?

Instead of Jordan Hill and Toney Douglas, we would have had Jennings and Blair. So then you have a starting lineup of:
Jennings - PG
Chandler - SG
Gallo - SF
Lee - PF
Blair - C
Nate, Harrington, Duhon, Bender off the bench.

We could make the playoffs in the East with that right?
mjc1241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:39 PM   #2
Knicks101
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Knicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Draft do-over? Jennings w/the 8th pick and Dejaun Blair with the 28th pick?

Nope. Jennings isn't anything special and his team is just as bad as ours. Blair doesn't fit our system and he definitely isn't a Center. If I could re-do the draft I would trade the 8th pick for a future pick or trade down and get Lawson.
Knicks101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:28 PM   #3
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Draft do-over? Jennings w/the 8th pick and Dejaun Blair with the 28th pick?

I honestly thought the Knicks were going to take Blair when they announced getting the 29th pick. I was dissapointed at first to here them call TD's name.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:06 PM   #4
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I would of took Jennings over Hill with the 8th pick but I was happy that we got Hill considering Rubio, Flynn, Evans, aka the elite were gone. I like Hill and still do, he's athletic and should be a good player in this system he just needs some PT which I don't understand why he ain't getting any. Poor man's Bosh type of prospect. Blair isn't anything special and I'd take Douglas over him anyday. I really wanted Chase Budinger badly with that late 1st pick or I wanted us to buy out a 2nd rounder and get him. He's a good player and I knew it to.. Athletic, 3pnt shooter, etc.. Would of got some minutes at the 2. We need to play Hill and Douglas more, imo.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:10 PM   #5
mjc1241
Kids at the park dunk on me

mjc1241 has an OK reputation so far

If I am not mistaken, Jennings is in the running for ROY. And taking Chase Budinger is a duplication of having Gallo.
Over time, Blair has been and will always be a better rebounder than Hill.
mjc1241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:47 PM   #6
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

jennings nothing special? he had 55 points in a game this season.that alone makes him special.Hindsight is 20/20 and i dont blame us for taking the safe pick in Hill but Jennings was high risk high reward and we were to scared to pull the trigger.I woulda trade both picks and moved up and got Steph Curry or Flynn personally or maybe traded down and got Lawson...that woulda been VERY beneficial.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:56 AM   #7
bluechox
Banned

bluechox has an OK reputation so far

no way jennings would be playing as much as he is right now as a buck than if he were a knick. If he were a knick we would be disapointed in him right now cus rookies and MDA do not mix well. Jordan hill should be a decent player right now and if any other team picked him, he wouldbe getting probably 25 minutes min and would have gotten the feel for the game by now and be putting up decent numbers. MDA got scared (maybe frightened, or had a bad rookie nightmare in his sleep) of losing all those games in the beginning of the season (1-9 record), or because we lost our draft pick for next year and knick brass didnt want to look like ***** for losing a potential #1 pick so all the veterans are playing way over their playing time limit, just trying to look as decent as possible. This year we have no hope of winning or losing. IF we did have our draft pick for this summer, we would be losing or a$$ off trying to get that #1 pick, and what better way to do that than playing all our rookies!

Last edited by bluechox : 01-19-2010 at 07:59 AM.
bluechox is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: