Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 01-15-2010, 03:24 PM   #1
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Gilbert Arenas pleads guilty as part of plea bargain - Jail Time expected

Just heard (WFAN - NY) that Gilbert Arenas has pleaded guilty as part of a plea bargain and that some jail time is expected. I have no other info.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:25 PM   #2
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Gilbert Arenas pleads guilty as part of plea bargain - Jail Time expected

Whew....I mean, I feel safer at night now. What a relief......
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:25 PM   #3
Mr Clutch Melo
NUGGETS ALL THE WAY

Mr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this board
Default Re: Gilbert Arenas pleads guilty as part of plea bargain - Jail Time expected

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wir...ilable_ground/
Mr Clutch Melo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:26 PM   #4
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If they're able to void his deal, is the fire sale still on?
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:26 PM   #5
Vman23
I hit open layups

Vman23 has an OK reputation so far

Finally, let's get this hardened criminal behind bars!
Vman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:31 PM   #6
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So you would all rather have no gun laws or what? You either need laws with punishments that deter carrying illegal guns, or you don't. You can't have laws, but if you like the guy personally and think he's nice you don't punish him.

He pleaded guilty - he WAS guilty. He's not going to get more than a nominal jail time, so if you have a problem with this you basically don't want any gun laws. Am i wrong?
Old 01-15-2010, 03:50 PM   #7
Real Men Wear Green
BathFrog of Doom

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It says a lot about a guy in an unfortunate way when the smartest thing he's done in years is "plead guilty." I do agree with the sentiment that he shouldn't have to go to jail, but as mentioned, the law has to apply to everyone. He's just going to jail for being stupid. A sad, sorry state of affairs.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:54 PM   #8
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
So you would all rather have no gun laws or what? You either need laws with punishments that deter carrying illegal guns, or you don't. You can't have laws, but if you like the guy personally and think he's nice you don't punish him.

He pleaded guilty - he WAS guilty. He's not going to get more than a nominal jail time, so if you have a problem with this you basically don't want any gun laws. Am i wrong?
What are you talking about? It's not because we're opposed to gun laws, or because any of us like Gilbert personally. It's because he's a rich and famous professional athlete.

Are you seriously suggesting that celebrities should be subject to the same laws and punishments as regular folk? Because it's not happening. If Tom Selleck walked into your house right now, killed you and your entire family, waited until the police arrived, and confessed to the murders, he would probably get aquitted, or maybe get like 6 months in jail and 20 hours of community service. Think about it and tell me I'm wrong.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:54 PM   #9
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Probably the only upside is that he's definitely getting in time to make the Statewide Prison All-stars.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:56 PM   #10
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
What are you talking about? It's not because we're opposed to gun laws, or because any of us like Gilbert personally. It's because he's a rich and famous professional athlete.

Are you seriously suggesting that celebrities should be subject to the same laws and punishments as regular folk? Because it's not happening. If Tom Selleck walked into your house right now, killed you and your entire family, waited until the police arrived, and confessed to the murders, he would probably still get aquitted or get like 6 months in jail and 20 hours of community service. Think about it and tell me I'm wrong.

I would like the laws to be the same, yes. im aware they aren't but i definitely would like it. As a puerto rican who would automatcially be sent to rikers till i died if they found me with a gun, the fact celebrities get off is annoying but what can you do.

i really dont want gilbert to lose everything - i kind of hope he doesnt get his contract voided even though basketball wise that would be more interesting. But i cant feel bad he might go to jail for a few months for what a normal person would do years. i just cant...
Old 01-15-2010, 04:00 PM   #11
Long Duck Dong
Decent playground baller

Long Duck Dong has not been impressing people

So Crit is getting off scott free?

Has the mug shot been posted yet?
Long Duck Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:08 PM   #12
niko
I Run NY.

6 Months with some of it possibly being house arrest.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:13 PM   #13
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
6 Months with some of it possibly being house arrest.

Party at Gil's house!!!!!!!

bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:20 PM   #14
Poodle
Banned

Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong
So Crit is getting off scott free?

Has the mug shot been posted yet?

they raided his house for the gun but didn't find it so it looks like the cops aren't going to be able to do anything without the evidence. he'll probably get disciplined by the NBA especially if that whole story about him cocking the gun in the locker room is validated by all of the witnesses. thats grounds to ban him from the nba i figure.
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:23 PM   #15
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So is it true Gilbert has hundreds of guns?
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: