Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 01-15-2010, 05:25 PM   #16
kumquat
College superstar

Default Re: Gilbert Arenas pleads guilty as part of plea bargain - Jail Time expected

Is Gilbert Arenas GOAT prison baller? Did Chuck spend any time in prison in his prime?
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:29 PM   #17
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Default Re: Gilbert Arenas pleads guilty as part of plea bargain - Jail Time expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumquat
Is Gilbert Arenas GOAT prison baller? Did Chuck spend any time in prison in his prime?

Prime of something I guess
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:37 PM   #18
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
It says a lot about a guy in an unfortunate way when the smartest thing he's done in years is "plead guilty." I do agree with the sentiment that he shouldn't have to go to jail, but as mentioned, the law has to apply to everyone. He's just going to jail for being stupid. A sad, sorry state of affairs.
he may be going to jail because this is his second violation right... didn't he have some gun charges leveled against him a couple years ago?

found it longer ago than i thought
Quote:
Arenas was suspended for the season opener in 2004-05 after he pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor weapons and vehicle charges for possessing a concealed weapon and driving without a license in 2003.
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wiz...d-for-gun.html

Last edited by gts : 01-15-2010 at 05:46 PM.
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:54 PM   #19
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
he may be going to jail because this is his second violation right... didn't he have some gun charges leveled against him a couple years ago?

found it longer ago than i thought
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wiz...d-for-gun.html

Ahhhhh. If that is the case then that would explain them jacking him up this time. Dude just didnt learn his lesson?
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:59 PM   #20
thejusman1
I hit open 5-footers

He deserves it, and should be billed out of his own pocket for the money it would cost to keep him jailed. I am a huge supporter of gun ownership and 2nd Amendment rights like anyone else, but you don't bring in unlicensed weapons to your place of work in the DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. It isn't some Virginia backwoods, it's the nation's freaking capital, of course they have strict gun laws.
thejusman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:59 PM   #21
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Party at Gil's house!!!!!!!

SHOOT, i can't wait for that. I'm sure it will be a BLAST. Gilbert's a pistol, that's for sure.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:00 PM   #22
Clifton
talk less, say more

Quote:
He pleaded guilty - he WAS guilty. He's not going to get more than a nominal jail time, so if you have a problem with this you basically don't want any gun laws. Am i wrong?
Yes.

I think a guy going to jail for a first offense having an unloaded unregistered gun is unjust. No need to snowball anything.

Remember that his charge is "possession." Not of a loaded gun in his pants. Of an unloaded one tucked away in the place where NBA players keep their stuff.

EDIT: Just read gts's post, did not realize that this is his second offense. I basically take everything back then. I still think he shouldn't go to jail. Maybe for a week to make a point. But a serious stint of jail time here is OD.

Not sure how I feel about his contract.

The charge is so weak that it's hard to care about the fact that he did it twice *too* much, but to get busted twice merits something.

Last edited by Clifton : 01-15-2010 at 06:04 PM.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:03 PM   #23
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton
Yes.

I think a guy going to jail for a first offense having an unloaded unregistered gun is unjust. No need to snowball anything.

Remember that his charge is "possession." Not of a loaded gun in his pants. Of an unloaded one tucked away in the place where NBA players keep their stuff.
not his first offense
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:06 PM   #24
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton
Yes.

EDIT: Just read gts's post, did not realize that this is his second offense. I basically take everything back then. I still think he shouldn't go to jail. Maybe for a week to make a point. But a serious stint of jail time here is OD.

Not sure how I feel about his contract.

The charge is so weak that it's hard to care about the fact that he did it twice *too* much, but to get busted twice merits something.

If there is no jail time for a first person gun offense then there basically is no reason someone shouldn't carry an illegal gun. In places like NY or Washington that would just be awful. It would increase the amount of illegal guns to a ridiculous degree.

Note: It's possible to get gun permits, for someone like Arenas with that much money it;s not even hard. Why is illegally possessing guns necessary?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:10 PM   #25
kkling

No sympathy from me. A second offense, which means he clearly knows the laws and still ignored them.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:13 PM   #26
KAJ=GOAT
Banned

I have no compassion for stupid people.

Especially considering its not the first time.

Of course, all the hoodrats and wannabes will be up in arms about him being treated unfairly,

but hey,

thats life. Nobody made him do what he did.

Only idiots will side with him or try to justify what he did.
KAJ=GOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:15 PM   #27
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Am I the only one that gets a chuckle out of his Obama tattoo and new found inability to vote?
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:16 PM   #28
KAJ=GOAT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
If there is no jail time for a first person gun offense then there basically is no reason someone shouldn't carry an illegal gun. In places like NY or Washington that would just be awful. It would increase the amount of illegal guns to a ridiculous degree.

Note: It's possible to get gun permits, for someone like Arenas with that much money it;s not even hard. Why is illegally possessing guns necessary?

Stupidity.
KAJ=GOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:34 PM   #29
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

He'll prolly get out early too
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:15 PM   #30
PistonsFan#21
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
What are you talking about? It's not because we're opposed to gun laws, or because any of us like Gilbert personally. It's because he's a rich and famous professional athlete.

Are you seriously suggesting that celebrities should be subject to the same laws and punishments as regular folk? Because it's not happening. If Tom Selleck walked into your house right now, killed you and your entire family, waited until the police arrived, and confessed to the murders, he would probably get aquitted, or maybe get like 6 months in jail and 20 hours of community service. Think about it and tell me I'm wrong.

You are wrong...have you heard of Michael Vick? The guy spended 2 years in jail for organizing dog fights. There is also Mike Tyson who got accused of rape and went to jail too
PistonsFan#21 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: