Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 01-16-2010, 07:26 AM   #1
la bomba
Local High School Star

la bomba has an OK reputation so far
Default euroleague top 16

the draw is on Monday but it is only to decide the barca,pana group and the madrid,siena group. The other two groups are as follows.
CSKA
UNICAJA
ZALGIRIS
PROKOM

what a weak group! barcelona probably thinking,what is the point of winning all your games?

BASKONIA
OLYMPIAKOS
CIBONA
KHIMKI

Not the strongest either.

For me clearly CSKA,Unicaja,baskonia and olympiakos.

REAL MADRID
MONTEPASCHI
and either MACABBI and EFES or PARTIZAN and MAROUSSI.

BARCELONA
PANATHINAIKOS
and either MAC and EFE or PART and MAR.
they will also draw the quarter final pairings.

I think a Barca,pana,macabbi,efes would be a group of death!
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:41 AM   #2
Hyman
Serious playground baller

Hyman has decent reputation
Default Re: euroleague top 16

CSKA and Unicaja are going to wipe the floor in their group

On the other group Baskonia and Olympiakos are clear favourites, although Khimkhi has its chances

For groups 3 and 4, Maccabi and Efes seems a much complicated pair than Partizan and Maroussi

I see Partizan and Maroussi eliminated in any group with Siena, PAO, Madrid and Barça. Maccabi could be a stron contender, although they arent the team they used to be some years ago. Efes has talent, but they dont look very solid and they are quite aged. Dont see them in the Top 8

For me the Top 8 is going to be:

CSKA
Unicaja
Baskonia
Olympiakos
Real Madrid/Maccabi
Montepaschi/Maccabi
Barcelona
PAO/Maccabi
Hyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:32 PM   #3
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Lakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputation

Partizan has a very weak roster but the best home court advantage on the planet. I didn't even think they could make the top 16 with their roster but they did because of that home court.

And they might even play some games at Belgrade Arena which is an even stronger home court. You never know with them. Also Maroussi is a good road club so I wouldn't totally count them out either. And Khimki is pretty strong too I think they have a decent chance.

I think there's a good chance one of the top clubs will get knocked off.
Lakas Fan Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 04:02 AM   #4
la bomba
Local High School Star

la bomba has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
Partizan has a very weak roster but the best home court advantage on the planet. I didn't even think they could make the top 16 with their roster but they did because of that home court.

And they might even play some games at Belgrade Arena which is an even stronger home court. You never know with them. Also Maroussi is a good road club so I wouldn't totally count them out either. And Khimki is pretty strong too I think they have a decent chance.

I think there's a good chance one of the top clubs will get knocked off.
i agree with you in the case of the last 2 groups mentioned but the first group it would be a shocker if zalgiris or prokom qualify.and a massive suprise if olympiakos or caja laboral are knocked out.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 07:00 AM   #5
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Lakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
i agree with you in the case of the last 2 groups mentioned but the first group it would be a shocker if zalgiris or prokom qualify.and a massive suprise if olympiakos or caja laboral are knocked out.

Well basically I am saying that Khimki, Efes, Maccabi, Maroussi, and Partizan are clubs that might possibly pull an upset and knock a big team out, especially if someone gets hit with injuries (like what happened to PAO in 2008 against Partizan), I don't think those other teams like Cibona, Zalgiris and Prokom could do it.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:08 PM   #6
Hyman

Quote:
Well basically I am saying that Khimki, Efes, Maccabi, Maroussi, and Partizan are clubs that might possibly pull an upset and knock a big team out, especially if someone gets hit with injuries (like what happened to PAO in 2008 against Partizan), I don't think those other teams like Cibona, Zalgiris and Prokom could do it.

IMO Maroussi has any chance for playing TOP8. It seems they are gonna sell Mavroeidis to Maccabi, and I think that if they won 2 matches, that would be a huge success for them. I dont see any chance they can eliminate Siena, Barcelona, Madrid or PAO. Any

I hope that Barcelona plays against Maroussi and Partizan and not against Maccabi and Efes. I see a huge diffference between them. I think Maccabi, although inferior to Barça is a true contender for a Top 8 spot. Efes despite being irregular has a talented team, and on their day they can beat you. Moreover, I wouldn be surprised if they made a big signing until the beggining of the competition

Partizan is a team with tradition and winning in Belgrade is extremely complicated. But they dont have the team of previous years. They've lost Tepic, Velickovic, Trpkovic and Lasme and they dont really look a threat for Barcelona. As for Maroussi, IMO is the weakest team that Barcelona can play at Top 16. Not disrespect, its my opinion

Last edited by Hyman : 01-17-2010 at 02:13 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:26 AM   #7
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Based on the draw the "invincible" Barca will need a lot of luck just to make the final four.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:27 AM   #8
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman
IMO Maroussi has any chance for playing TOP8. It seems they are gonna sell Mavroeidis to Maccabi, and I think that if they won 2 matches, that would be a huge success for them. I dont see any chance they can eliminate Siena, Barcelona, Madrid or PAO. Any

I hope that Barcelona plays against Maroussi and Partizan and not against Maccabi and Efes. I see a huge diffference between them. I think Maccabi, although inferior to Barça is a true contender for a Top 8 spot. Efes despite being irregular has a talented team, and on their day they can beat you. Moreover, I wouldn be surprised if they made a big signing until the beggining of the competition

Partizan is a team with tradition and winning in Belgrade is extremely complicated. But they dont have the team of previous years. They've lost Tepic, Velickovic, Trpkovic and Lasme and they dont really look a threat for Barcelona. As for Maroussi, IMO is the weakest team that Barcelona can play at Top 16. Not disrespect, its my opinion

If Maroussi sells Mavroeidis they will want more than 80,000 euros. However, I agree that whether they sell Mavroeidis or not they will look for 1-2 wins just for a good finish and can't advance from that group. I was basing it on them being in the other group, but Euroleague decided to put two Greek clubs that play in the same city and the same arena together in the same group. That is very unusual to happen.

Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo : 01-18-2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:25 PM   #9
Hyman

Quote:
Based on the draw the "invincible" Barca will need a lot of luck just to make the final four.

Old 01-19-2010, 04:43 PM   #10
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Quote:

So they are going to beat PAO and Real Madrid on the road back to back? I don't think so.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:53 PM   #11
Hyman

Quote:
So they are going to beat PAO and Real Madrid on the road back to back? I don't think so.

Barcelona is two steps above PAO and Real

You will see. You seem to understimate Rubio mate
Old 01-19-2010, 08:59 PM   #12
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Quote:
Barcelona is two steps above PAO and Real

You will see. You seem to understimate Rubio mate

Barca won't win their group over PAO. You clearly failed to look at the schedule. Then, Barca will not beat Messina on the road. As for Rubio, he's a 19 year old point guard. He will soon find out what it's like to face the best back court in Europe in games that matter and without Pau behind him.

BTW, all last year everyone guaranteed Barca would win the Euroleague. This is a broken record.

Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo : 01-19-2010 at 09:02 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:50 AM   #13
Hyman

Quote:
Barca won't win their group over PAO. You clearly failed to look at the schedule. Then, Barca will not beat Messina on the road. As for Rubio, he's a 19 year old point guard. He will soon find out what it's like to face the best back court in Europe in games that matter and without Pau behind him.

BTW, all last year everyone guaranteed Barca would win the Euroleague. This is a broken record.

Barça will beat PAO easily in Catalonia. Something like +15

In Greece it will be a difficult match, but I think Barça will win it +6

As I've said you havent watch enough Barcelona and you underestimate them. They are a different class team this year at Europe. If there are no injuries, I give them 90% chances of winning EL

Barcelona's last year team was much worse than last year. The improvemente with Rubio has been massive
Old 01-20-2010, 12:23 PM   #14
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Quote:
Barça will beat PAO easily in Catalonia. Something like +15

In Greece it will be a difficult match, but I think Barça will win it +6

As I've said you havent watch enough Barcelona and you underestimate them. They are a different class team this year at Europe. If there are no injuries, I give them 90% chances of winning EL

Barcelona's last year team was much worse than last year. The improvemente with Rubio has been massive

Barca will not beat PAO in OAKA. You can't be serious.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:21 PM   #15
Hyman

Quote:
Barca will not beat PAO in OAKA. You can't be serious.

Definitely you havent watched Barça yet. And you think Rubio is another Nikos Zisis. We will see
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: