Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2010, 06:10 AM   #31
la bomba
Local High School Star
 
la bomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,050
la bomba has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: euroleague top 16

I am really looking forward to partizan barca. what a game that will be. Are they playing at Belgrade arena? 20000 plus people? panathinaikos will win their game for sure,against Marroussi , they have the advantage of playing 4 home games.Macabbi real madrid will also be a great game.
Olympiakos I think will sweep their group, even though khimki and caja laboral are good sides, they have been looking the in form team of late,their players are starting to play really well as a team.I think they might even win the greek league ! I cant see zalgiris upsetting cska, but I can see prokom giving Unicaja a hard time. Unicaja have been well below par this season.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:17 PM   #32
jamal99
Valar Morghulis
 
jamal99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Serbia
Posts: 4,554
jamal99 has a near all-star reputation herejamal99 has a near all-star reputation herejamal99 has a near all-star reputation herejamal99 has a near all-star reputation herejamal99 has a near all-star reputation herejamal99 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: euroleague top 16

Milos Teodosic (Olympiakos) was named january MVP.
He averaged 13 ppg, 9 apg and 2.5 spg with only 1 TO per game...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:25 PM   #33
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,708
Lakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputation
Default Re: euroleague top 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
I am really looking forward to partizan barca. what a game that will be. Are they playing at Belgrade arena? 20000 plus people? panathinaikos will win their game for sure,against Marroussi , they have the advantage of playing 4 home games.Macabbi real madrid will also be a great game.
Olympiakos I think will sweep their group, even though khimki and caja laboral are good sides, they have been looking the in form team of late,their players are starting to play really well as a team.I think they might even win the greek league ! I cant see zalgiris upsetting cska, but I can see prokom giving Unicaja a hard time. Unicaja have been well below par this season.

The games in top 16 will be played at Pionir. It's just as hostile as Belgrade Arena. As for Baskonia they are in deep trouble now with Splitter out.
Lakas Fan Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:25 PM   #34
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,708
Lakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputation
Default Re: euroleague top 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
Milos Teodosic (Olympiakos) was named january MVP.
He averaged 13 ppg, 9 apg and 2.5 spg with only 1 TO per game...

He's way better than that totally overrated Rubio.
Lakas Fan Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:29 AM   #35
la bomba
Local High School Star
 
la bomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,050
la bomba has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: euroleague top 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
He's way better than that totally overrated Rubio.
that totally overrated rubio is fairly derogatory so I take it you just don't like the guy and therefore are a bit exaggerated in your opinion. Teodosic is 3 years older plays about 7 minutes more a game. Teodosic is the better shooter,and I really like him,but Ricky is a better defender and a better passer.He makes more assists that Teodosic in a lot less time on court.Also his influence in his team is pretty amazing,when he is on the bench barca tend to be less effective.It's totally legit to think Teodosic is better than Rubio,but to insinuate that Rubio is totally overrated is a result of a disliking of the player.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:41 PM   #36
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,708
Lakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputation
Default Re: euroleague top 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
that totally overrated rubio is fairly derogatory so I take it you just don't like the guy and therefore are a bit exaggerated in your opinion. Teodosic is 3 years older plays about 7 minutes more a game. Teodosic is the better shooter,and I really like him,but Ricky is a better defender and a better passer.He makes more assists that Teodosic in a lot less time on court.Also his influence in his team is pretty amazing,when he is on the bench barca tend to be less effective.It's totally legit to think Teodosic is better than Rubio,but to insinuate that Rubio is totally overrated is a result of a disliking of the player.


Rubio is the most overrated player of all time. I am not stating an opinion, but a fact.
Lakas Fan Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:59 PM   #37
jamal99
Valar Morghulis
 
jamal99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Serbia
Posts: 4,554
jamal99 has a near all-star reputation herejamal99 has a near all-star reputation herejamal99 has a near all-star reputation herejamal99 has a near all-star reputation herejamal99 has a near all-star reputation herejamal99 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: euroleague top 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
that totally overrated rubio is fairly derogatory so I take it you just don't like the guy and therefore are a bit exaggerated in your opinion. Teodosic is 3 years older plays about 7 minutes more a game. Teodosic is the better shooter,and I really like him,but Ricky is a better defender and a better passer.He makes more assists that Teodosic in a lot less time on court.Also his influence in his team is pretty amazing,when he is on the bench barca tend to be less effective.It's totally legit to think Teodosic is better than Rubio,but to insinuate that Rubio is totally overrated is a result of a disliking of the player.

Rubio makes 0.7 more assists but Teodosic averages 5.4 points more and slightly more steals. In addition Teodosic shoots amazing 71.9% for 2 point, while Rubio shoots poor 38.1%. I think that it is fair to say that Teodosic is much better player right now. Rubio is younger and may improve, but he is such a poor shooter for a PG...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:01 AM   #38
la bomba
Local High School Star
 
la bomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,050
la bomba has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: euroleague top 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
Rubio makes 0.7 more assists but Teodosic averages 5.4 points more and slightly more steals. In addition Teodosic shoots amazing 71.9% for 2 point, while Rubio shoots poor 38.1%. I think that it is fair to say that Teodosic is much better player right now. Rubio is younger and may improve, but he is such a poor shooter for a PG...
Rubio plays more than 7 minutes a game less.You are wrong about shooting. Teodosic is shooting 36% from 3 and Rubio 39% his poor field goal % is because he has missed a lot of drives,which is something he has to improve on.He assists more playing only 2 thirds the time Teodosic plays.At Barca thats what they want from him,not scoring,for scoring they have Navarro,Mikael,lorbek you name it. I am not saying Teodosic is not better,I rate Teodosic a lot, all I am saying is that Rubio is not overrated, I am not like Lakas saying that my opinion is a fact. Lakas has this God complex that makes him think his opinions are facts. For overrated players see Pelekanos.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:41 AM   #39
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,708
Lakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputation
Default Re: euroleague top 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
Rubio plays more than 7 minutes a game less.You are wrong about shooting. Teodosic is shooting 36% from 3 and Rubio 39% his poor field goal % is because he has missed a lot of drives,which is something he has to improve on.He assists more playing only 2 thirds the time Teodosic plays.At Barca thats what they want from him,not scoring,for scoring they have Navarro,Mikael,lorbek you name it. I am not saying Teodosic is not better,I rate Teodosic a lot, all I am saying is that Rubio is not overrated, I am not like Lakas saying that my opinion is a fact. Lakas has this God complex that makes him think his opinions are facts. For overrated players see Pelekanos.

You are getting delusional like the other Barca fans. Rubio is a better man defender than Teodosic. They are about the same in passing and creating. But at this time Teodosic is better at everything else by quite a lot.

It's not even a comparison between these two players right now. Barca homers are getting out of control.

As far as Pelekanos goes, this summer Macabbi, Roma, Malaga, Baskonia, Panathinaikos, Fenerbahce all tried to get him from Olympiakos but they would only give him to a club they felt would not be in Euroleague at the time - which was Maroussi or Valencia (who also wanted him).

He ended up in Maroussi because he wanted to stay in Greece if it was possible. If he was really so awful as you guys make him out to be such clubs would have no interest in him.

Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo : 02-03-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Lakas Fan Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 03:49 PM   #40
la bomba
Local High School Star
 
la bomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,050
la bomba has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: euroleague top 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
You are getting delusional like the other Barca fans. Rubio is a better man defender than Teodosic. They are about the same in passing and creating. But at this time Teodosic is better at everything else by quite a lot.

It's not even a comparison between these two players right now. Barca homers are getting out of control.

As far as Pelekanos goes, this summer Macabbi, Roma, Malaga, Baskonia, Panathinaikos, Fenerbahce all tried to get him from Olympiakos but they would only give him to a club they felt would not be in Euroleague at the time - which was Maroussi or Valencia (who also wanted him).

He ended up in Maroussi because he wanted to stay in Greece if it was possible. If he was really so awful as you guys make him out to be such clubs would have no interest in him.
i am not going argue with you anymore i never said pelekanos was awful just overrated by you thats all.End of it for me.
As for the games great efes win,partizan are destroying barca,they are looking awful tonight,not just Rubio but all of them especially Navarro(and he is not overrated,or is he?) Partizan just have a great coach and a great work ethic.They really are making barca look bad. If barca are to be champions they need to prove they can get out of this like cska would, down against zalgiris by 10 at half and won by a ton! of course partizan are not zalgiris.I really dont think they can play any worse in the second half,only 5 field goals in 2 quarters says it all.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:36 PM   #41
Hyman
Serious playground baller
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 404
Hyman has decent reputation
Default Re: euroleague top 16

PAO is going to get eliminated...
Hyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:42 PM   #42
la bomba
Local High School Star
 
la bomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,050
la bomba has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: euroleague top 16

I think barca threw that game away tonight they come back to lead by 8 but didnt finish it, they had lots of chances to have gone 10 up and let partizan back in by not closing the defensive rebounds. the last action was very dubious,but there was no way the referees were going to have the balls in pionir to give it as basket good,even though the shot was in regulation time and the swipe by roberts out of regulation.Partizan deserved it though. I think it is totally open. Partizan leading having played the two biggest teams in the group puts them in a great position. The barca panathinaikos games will be crucial. wouldnt be suprised if partizan lose to marroussi.it would be typical.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:04 PM   #43
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,708
Lakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputation
Default Re: euroleague top 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman
PAO is going to get eliminated...



You are crazy.
Lakas Fan Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:54 AM   #44
la bomba
Local High School Star
 
la bomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,050
la bomba has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: euroleague top 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo


You are crazy.
pao will be second after tonight because they will beat marroussi by more than 15. They go to Palau with less pressure than Barca , as barca need the win more as it is their home game. I think that game will be crucial.My only concern is for sportsmanship towards the end of the group,if marroussi have no chances to qualify and play pana, will they go full tilt on their second game? mmm
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 04:56 PM   #45
Hyman
Serious playground baller
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 404
Hyman has decent reputation
Default Re: euroleague top 16

PAO are out. They are gonna lose next match at Barcelona for sure.

They will have a 0-3 record. Maybe they can pass with a 3-3 record, which is quite difficult. If Partizan wins Maroussi both matches they are out. If not they will have to win their qualification at Belgrade, but previously they have to win their 3 previous matches. 2 of them against Barcelona...
Hyman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:07 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy