Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-17-2006, 02:10 AM   #1
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool
Default New News on Toronto-Milwaukee trade...

In a new article, Toronto has supposedly said that they are still considering the Charlie V/Mo Pete for Magloire/Mo deal. But they have said that the only way they will take the deal is if TJ Ford is substituted for Mo. What is your take on this?
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 02:18 AM   #2
SirPresident
I hit open 5-footers

SirPresident has an OK reputation so far

I do not mind that at all, i really hate to see Charlie go, but i LOVE TJ Ford.
SirPresident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 02:41 AM   #3
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Can't see the Bucks trading Ford.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 02:45 AM   #4
SirPresident
I hit open 5-footers

SirPresident has an OK reputation so far

Me either, but if they are willing, it could really help us out.

Say that trade happens, how do you see it effecting who we draft, if at all? I think (hope) the picks changes from one of the 7 footers to Gay.
SirPresident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 02:46 AM   #5
albertpujols
High School Varsity 6th Man

albertpujols has no real reputation yet.

I actually would not accept, even with one of my favorites on the board (TJ Ford).

TJ Ford is somewhat the Mike James slasher and scorer, and that is why Mike may not be signed this offseason. TJ can dish the ball better, and is much younger, but are we really looking for that 20 pts a game PG?

Magloire being Canadian and all, in which I admire his desire to play in Toronto and such, surely does not overdue Charlies current value, as Charlie may be destined for 20/10 seasons to come.

The fact that you tie that in with Mo Pete who is certainly invaluable offensively, defensively- and morally, would be a really is a huge loss.
albertpujols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 02:48 AM   #6
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Charlie V/Mo Pete for Magloire/Mo deal.
That would be bad and I hope it never happens.

Quote:
But they have said that the only way they will take the deal is if TJ Ford is substituted for Mo. What is your take on this?
Now we're talking. While I do think TJ Ford is overrated and makes some stupid decisions while out on the court (Kirk Hinrich has already surpassed him as the better PG in the draft class), you just can't pass up that kind of talent.

This kind of deal would leave the Raptors backcourt completely barren, even if Roko Ukic comes over unless they switch up their draft strategy and focus on taking Roy or possibly Gay.

Assuming Roko comes over and they still take Bargnani.

PG - Ford - Calderon - Roko
SG - ???? - Roko (I see him as a combo-guard, like Alvin used to be)
SF - ???? - Graham
PF - Bosh - Bargnani - Sow - Humphries
C - Magloire - Bargnani - Sow

- Graham, unless he loses some weight and gets much quicker CANNOT play SG in the NBA.
- I don't see Bargnani as an effective SF, I think he'd have just as hard of a time on defense as Charlie did... maybe moreso.

Quote:
TJ Ford is somewhat the Mike James slasher and scorer, and that is why Mike may not be signed this offseason. TJ can dish the ball better, and is much younger, but are we really looking for that 20 pts a game PG?
I don't see TJ ever getting near 20ppg. He's not near a good enough shooter to get there and it's just not his game.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 03:00 AM   #7
albertpujols
High School Varsity 6th Man

albertpujols has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
That would be bad and I hope it never happens.

PG - Ford - Calderon - Roko
SG - ???? - Roko (I see him as a combo-guard, like Alvin used to be)
SF - ???? - Graham
PF - Bosh - Bargnani - Sow - Humphries
C - Magloire - Bargnani - Sow

It still would be a solid lineup, but losing Morris Peterson and Charlie would force Graham and Roko up. These players may not be ready in the starting rotation.
albertpujols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 08:20 AM   #8
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

i think we should trade villy for maglire and tj ford only or tell them to **** off

basically the bucks would do this because mags is going, their getting nothing for him, then they gonna get charlie villanueuava, a leathel offensiv weapon, perfect compliment to centre andrew bogut, also young and fits team needs, they give up tj ford but they got mo williams, and without magloire they'd be back under the cap (i think) so they can get a free agent PG

however i wouldnt do both players (villy and mo pete) but i dont think mo pete would get the deal done on his own, but i might be generous and give them the #56 pick aswell

bucks =

mo williams
redd
simmons
villaneuava
bogut

(very good young team)

raps

ford / calderon
peterson / denham brown?
gay? / Graham
bosh / humpy / bonner
magloire / sow

the only reason im interested in magloire is because hes a FA next year so we will get a big check to spend in FA 2007
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 01:20 PM   #9
ThaKid
King

ThaKid has an OK reputation so far

i hate this trade because charlie v is way better that magloire considering chalie is young, fast, can shoot, created his own offense and mgloire is getting old and has some injury problems. and with mo pete and tj ford its like giving away the teams heart and spirit jus for a point who is an average point guard and could get injured again. No doubt tj is better that mo pete but mo pete is the second face of this team and the longest serving raptors that playin (a.will) and hes great he blows up more nights that tj ford. also with t.dots PG problem they could find it anywhere in the draft marcus williams....or roko ukic or jay williams or brevin knight...so if toronto did this trade they would regret it.
ThaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 01:21 PM   #10
ThaKid
King

ThaKid has an OK reputation so far

PS you dont trade a player that has scored 48pts in his rookie season
ThaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 01:49 PM   #11
Bigtortiaman
I airball my layups

Bigtortiaman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaKid
PS you dont trade a player that has scored 48pts in his rookie season
nobody seems to get that
Bigtortiaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 02:25 PM   #12
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people
Angry .

If this deal happened you'd hear Sam Mitchell gagging 48 miles away and Chris Bosh would find 48 reasons not to resign with Toronto.

Giving away our second biggest asset and our current second best player? What the hell?

Charlie > TJ Ford

I think it's fair to say this. May be a fair bit bit of homerism by me I concede that, but I think such a statement is true. If I knew more about TJ Ford I might change my mind, because all I really know is that he is a threat to miss a boatload of games because of reoccuring back problems.

Mo Pete + FA Signing = Magloire

How bout that? Keep in mind, that in this trade, we lose the leagues ironman and a player who played 81 games for 2 players who missed a combined 131 games in the 04/05 season. Maybe I should just stop beating around the bush and say it: the injury factor REALLY turns me off of this deal, although I feel compelled to say that Magloire has played 4 seasons of 82-game ball. Not bad, but if he missed 69 games from a finger injury, it shows weakness.

Oh, and some say Magloire will play great in Toronto because he really wants to play there. If so, he would theoretically sign there right? Well, here is my reaction to trading away an asset for a player you could get in one year "for free":

DERRP
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 02:36 PM   #13
Orealius
Great young streetballer

Orealius has an OK reputation so far

TJ Ford is interesting. As much as I love Charlie I would welcome a Charlie for TJ and Magloire trade. I realize we'd have to include something else. What about Charlie, Eric Williams and pick 35 for TJ and Magloire? That is a great trade for us IMO. My mind has changed on Morrison as well, lol, I kind of want us to take him #1 now.

TJ Ford, Jose Calderon
Mo Peterson, (sign Deshawn Stevenson)
Adam Morrison, Joey Graham
Chris Bosh, Kris Humphries
Jamal Magloire, Pape Sow

Cheerleader: Matt Bonner

I think this is a playoff team next year and we wouldnt even have to spend money in this years weak free agency. It allows us to compete next year and gives us the money to spend next summer.
Orealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 02:43 PM   #14
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster
Cool

i agree with you on a lot of points bourne... and you're 100% bang on about magloire... if he really liked toronto, he'll sign here next summer.

but what about our PG situation?

i don't think there is an answer for us in the FA market. it's not gonna be easy to fill that hole.

deep down tho... i'd rather keep charlie.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: