Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-25-2010, 08:11 AM   #421
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Default Re: NFC Championship: Minnesota Vikings @ New Orleans Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
Dude, the play was for field position for a FG, not a first down.

That's obvious. I already said it was a dumb decision. I'm just defending him from people who are trying to blame it on him for that one play. It's like everything else that happened in the game is forgotten and it's all Favre's fault for one stupid throw. People are trying to act like he should have been able to weave through their defense (forgetting they he was limping earlier after taking all kinds of punishment) and picked up 10 yards giving them a much more manageable FG attempt when in all likelihood they would have ended up with a 52 or so yard FG attempt. If they didn't have the penalty on the play before, then I don't think Favre makes a risky throw like that (they possibly would have gone with another run). It's stupid to call him a choker for that, but that's what haters do.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:55 AM   #422
Castel
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Haha, i'm so happy that the Saints won this game.

Now Favre, the ultimate drama queen, has really something to cry about.
Castel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:58 AM   #423
DJ Pualy D
Can barely lace up my sneakers

my main man brett fevre got smashed out there. dude is a suckah lol
DJ Pualy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:04 AM   #424
32jazz
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
That's obvious. I already said it was a dumb decision. I'm just defending him from people who are trying to blame it on him for that one play. It's like everything else that happened in the game is forgotten and it's all Favre's fault for one stupid throw. People are trying to act like he should have been able to weave through their defense (forgetting they he was limping earlier after taking all kinds of punishment) and picked up 10 yards giving them a much more manageable FG attempt when in all likelihood they would have ended up with a 52 or so yard FG attempt. If they didn't have the penalty on the play before, then I don't think Favre makes a risky throw like that (they possibly would have gone with another run). It's stupid to call him a choker for that, but that's what haters do.

Favre had Berrian wide freaking open at the 30/31 yard line. He didn't have to run.

Typical Favre trying to do too much. The main reason I could not lay money on the Vikings who I thought would win the game. Favre would throw 2 or 3 of those horrible picks.
32jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 05:00 PM   #425
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PUAgITZfq0
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 05:32 PM   #426
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32jazz
Favre had Berrian wide freaking open at the 30/31 yard line. He didn't have to run.

Typical Favre trying to do too much. The main reason I could not lay money on the Vikings who I thought would win the game. Favre would throw 2 or 3 of those horrible picks.
He carry them the entire game, it wouldn't even come down to a FG game if his players didn't cough up the ball at the end of a well led drive.

I hated Favre coming into the week since he "ran up the score" on my Cowboys, but I can't really fault him for this loss at all.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:33 PM   #427
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
He carry them the entire game, it wouldn't even come down to a FG game if his players didn't cough up the ball at the end of a well led drive.

I hated Favre coming into the week since he "ran up the score" on my Cowboys, but I can't really fault him for this loss at all.
Favre had to get his team in feild goal range and he CHOKED!!!

if Romo had done that every single page of the Dallas Morning News paper would read "CHOKE" on it...

every game is played by a team, but what Favre did there is no different than the Romo muffed snap IMO...anyone could point to many other mishaps by other Dallas players during that entire game but when it came down to it the muffed snap is what is looked at...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:31 PM   #428
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Yeah, the 18 fumbles are conveniently forgotten in favor of Favre-hating.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:41 PM   #429
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~

if Romo had done that every single page of the Dallas Morning News paper would read "CHOKE" on it...

every game is played by a team, but what Favre did there is no different than the Romo muffed snap IMO...anyone could point to many other mishaps by other Dallas players during that entire game but when it came down to it the muffed snap is what is looked at...

Fumbling a snap on a chip shot FG is nothing like what happened there.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:31 PM   #430
Gundress
Banned

Quote:

Shut Up!.... Romo is worst than Favre. Romo is more a choker and he always screw up in the playoff games...... Cowboys vs Vikings wasn't even a close game.....Vikings vs Saints was a close game...I wouldn't call Brett Favre a choker, he just made a mistake...

Especially Brett Favre is an old man, he's 40 and he still got it and plays better than Tony Romo.
Gundress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:53 PM   #431
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Fumbling a snap on a chip shot FG is nothing like what happened there.
there is just NO WAY IN HELL you would be saying this BS if Romo had done that...

the score was tied...Favre needed to get into FG range for the team to win...AND HE CHOKED!!!

was he the entire reason they lost?...nope

did he throw away the game?...yep
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:00 PM   #432
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

I still can't believe Favre threw that ****.

I mean he had about 5 yards easily more and he slides in and they take the easy FG for the win

D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:04 AM   #433
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
there is just NO WAY IN HELL you would be saying this BS if Romo had done that...

The difference is I don't like the Cowboys. I'd be saying it to get under Cowboy fans' skin at first, but I wouldn't stick with that. I always contend that QBs get too much blame when their team loses (and too much credit when their team wins). Romo in the NFCCG would grant him some leniency.

Quote:
the score was tied...Favre needed to get into FG range for the team to win...AND HE CHOKED!!!

The game was tied, so they wouldn't have lost. They shouldn't have and wouldn't have been in that situation if not for all those fumbles. I wouldn't single out anyone for the loss and say they choked, though. They did move into FG range, but a stupid penalty after a TO moved them out of it. You might as well blame Taylor and/or the OL for not being able to pick up any yards on 1st down, Peterson and/or the OL for not being able to pick up any yards on 2nd down, or the guy who caused the penalty that sent them back 5 yards. No, I get it, Favre alone is suppose to get them into FG range. His teammates are there just for encouragement.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: