Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-18-2010, 12:40 PM   #31
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board
Default Re: AFC Championship Game - New York Jets vs Indianapolis Colts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mex-Laker
I don´t know what comeback game you´re talking about, but anyways.. it will be an interesting matchup here, but I think Manning will be Manning and will beat the Jets...

Hahaha, very nice my fellow Bucs fan. You can always tell if someone's a true Bucs fan by their reaction to the mentioning of that game.

As for the AFCCG, I hope and pray the Colts win. I just can't see the Jets as a Super Bowl team. Mark Sanchez is the luckiest QB in history if NYJ makes it to the Super Bowl. Out of every QB, he's had the least to do with his team's success. They could probably put Painter back there and still do what they're doing.

I don't normally make score predicitions, but what the heck,

NYJ - 10
Indy - 27
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:36 PM   #32
beasly15
TEXANS

beasly15 has decent reputationbeasly15 has decent reputation

you gotta be smoking this to think indianapolis is gonna lose:
beasly15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:52 PM   #33
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasly15
you gotta be smoking this to think indianapolis is gonna lose:

I don't know. Everyone including myself were saying the same things about the Chargers/Jets game. No one gave the Jets a chance. As a Colts fan, I gotta be honest, I'm not comfortable. I would've been more worried if they had to play the Chargers, but still.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:14 PM   #34
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation

Not sure if the Jets will win in Indy, but I'll tell you this:

If the Jets manage to pull off the upset, they're going all the way. I don't see them losing after defeating both, the Chargers and Colts.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 06:02 PM   #35
beasly15
TEXANS

this week will be what week 16 was supposed to be. texans fans will never forget.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:05 PM   #36
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation

Quote:
this week will be what week 16 was supposed to be. texans fans will never forget.

If the Texans weren't 5-7 through 12 games, they would have made the playoffs.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:07 PM   #37
tsforthrees
red vines cray

tsforthrees has decent reputation

i posted in another thread last week that whoever the jets were matched up with would be in for a lot of trouble. both the chargers and colts have trouble stopping the run and don't force many turnovers. i thought san diego was better than indianapolis so i wouldn't be surprised to see the jets in the super bowl.
tsforthrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 06:07 PM   #38
beasly15
TEXANS

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.J.
If the Texans weren't 5-7 through 12 games, they would have made the playoffs.

OR,OR....OR!!!! if the colts and didn't let them win, we would be in it too. BOTH are reasons.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:09 PM   #39
D.J.
College superstar

Quote:
OR,OR....OR!!!! if the colts and didn't let them win, we would be in it too. BOTH are reasons.

Simple solution: Win more games and you're in the playoffs, regardless of who does what on weeks 16 and 17. You want to make the playoffs, you have to win when you're supposed to win. The Jets did their part, the Texans did not.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:12 PM   #40
beasly15
TEXANS

Quote:
Simple solution: Win more games and you're in the playoffs, regardless of who does what on weeks 16 and 17. You want to make the playoffs, you have to win when you're supposed to win. The Jets did their part, the Texans did not.

it can go on forever. how did the jets do their part by being let through the door? but it's okay, caused after they lose, i'll just sit here and say... you see what i mean?
Old 01-18-2010, 06:14 PM   #41
D.J.
College superstar

Quote:
it can go on forever. how did the jets do their part by being let through the door? but it's okay, caused after they lose, i'll just sit here and say... you see what i mean?

The Jets also had to win on week 17. The Bengals had something to play for. A win would have given them the third seed and a matchup with the Texans. The Jets won't be a pushover when they play the Colts. They didn't get to the AFC Championship that way.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:17 PM   #42
beasly15
TEXANS

Quote:
The Jets also had to win on week 17. The Bengals had something to play for. A win would have given them the third seed and a matchup with the Texans. The Jets won't be a pushover when they play the Colts. They didn't get to the AFC Championship that way.

they've done good in the playoffs, i know. but come on...

just look at this...
Old 01-18-2010, 06:22 PM   #43
tsforthrees
red vines cray

tsforthrees has decent reputation

Quote:

just look at this...

John Elway...what could have been
tsforthrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:49 PM   #44
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is a pretty well-respected posterimdaman99 is a pretty well-respected posterimdaman99 is a pretty well-respected posterimdaman99 is a pretty well-respected poster

Honestly I thought the Jets had a good shot against the Chargers because they match up pretty well versus them. Which is funny because the Chargers match up pretty good with the Colts. The Colts are a bad matchup for the Jets because Peyton Manning is the most intelligent QB in the game, the Jets DL is not going to get to him, so there will be blitzing galore mark that down. And we all know Mannings gonna change plays at the line and win that matchup.

Colts 23 Jets 13 Manning drives the Colts down to kick a FG to put the game out of reach with 6 mins to play, but the Jets play hard, gain experience and set themselves up to be a contender next year.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:03 PM   #45
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker

takeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

just look at this...
Still had to beat the freaking Bengals to even get in, which was no easy task on paper. And plus they didn't rest a ton of people, only Ced Benson and Peko I think. Just admit it, the Jets are the Texans daddy.

And I'm loving all this talk about "The Jets have no chance", "They've got another thing coming". Only makes the potential upset even sweeter.
takeittothehoop is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: