Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-19-2010, 02:40 AM   #76
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Default Re: real Cowboy's fan telling all the fake Cowboy's fans to GTFO...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Are you a casual baseball fan? Casual fans tend to be fairweather fans.
I don't think I know one single hard core Rangers fan here in Dallas....never met one...

we are all "fair weather" with that team...

yeah, that is almost impossible and for a few reasons really...the main one being that the owner (or now former owner) doesn't even care about the team...he does nothing to try and win or make the fans happy...I would probably rather have Al Davis own the Rangers than Tom Hicks...

and then there is just the fact that Dallas is a football city period...we just like football

and then there is the fact that the Ballpark is in Arlington...which is fine for the NFL because that is only 8 games...but for just checking out a MLB game?...that is like a 45 drive out of Dallas...

and THEN...it is just really f*ckin hot during the summer here...makes going to games painful, even night games...

we did just sign Vladimir Guerrero...and our owner is on his way the f*ck out...so maybe finally things will start to change there...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:00 AM   #77
Hawker
Banned

My Dad's a huge bandwagon cowboys fan and it's annoying as fuck to hear him try to talk like he knows the cowboys b/c I know he's not a real fan. Plus, he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about and I have to explain the game to him.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:35 AM   #78
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haha, prime you may be pissed that i'm saying this but quite honestly, I feel (and said even prior to this season) like we should've made a run at Matt Cassel.. Romo has been given infinite chances and he's failed each time. Yes, the argument can be made that pass protection was poor and that the Vikings are a better team, but there's no excuse for that thrashing, it wasn't even close.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:13 AM   #79
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
I don't think I know one single hard core Rangers fan here in Dallas....never met one...

we are all "fair weather" with that team...

yeah, that is almost impossible and for a few reasons really...the main one being that the owner (or now former owner) doesn't even care about the team...he does nothing to try and win or make the fans happy...I would probably rather have Al Davis own the Rangers than Tom Hicks...

and then there is just the fact that Dallas is a football city period...we just like football

and then there is the fact that the Ballpark is in Arlington...which is fine for the NFL because that is only 8 games...but for just checking out a MLB game?...that is like a 45 drive out of Dallas...

and THEN...it is just really f*ckin hot during the summer here...makes going to games painful, even night games...

we did just sign Vladimir Guerrero...and our owner is on his way the f*ck out...so maybe finally things will start to change there...

If I was from Dallas, I'd be the one lone Rangers diehard fan who likes them over any football team. Trust me

What you said about Dallas being a football city, obviously that's true, but I wonder if there are any cities out there that have an MLB/NFL team, and the MLB team is more popular. St Louis? Chicago? New York? Boston?
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:18 AM   #80
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
If I was from Dallas, I'd be the one lone Rangers diehard fan who likes them over any football team. Trust me

What you said about Dallas being a football city, obviously that's true, but I wonder if there are any cities out there that have an MLB/NFL team, and the MLB team is more popular. St Louis? Chicago? New York? Boston?
I would definitely think NY. Remember last year when all those die-hard Rays fans came out for the World Series?
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:15 AM   #81
Huey Freeman
PAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
I would definitely think NY. Remember last year when all those die-hard Rays fans came out for the World Series?
I still have my original Devil Rays cap and jersey.
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:18 AM   #82
Huey Freeman
PAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers13
My Uncle is a Bengals fan

Who should we root for in the lovely LA area then? Teams that left LA? Northern Cali teams, seeing how nocal and socal people get along so much? You tell me.
Chargers, they played in LA initially and they could move back to LA in the near future.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:37 PM   #83
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey Freeman
I still have my original Devil Rays cap and jersey.

Same here. I was always gettin weird looks for a few years wearing my purple and yellow Devil Rays hat and t-shirts and my Rocco Baldelli yellow and purple jersey tee. But over the past two years....I've seen more Rays shirts/hats than you could imagine....and I live in Texas. Kinda like with the Tigers. They were garbage, then they went to the WS and all you ever saw was the "D" hat.

I've been a Rays fan since they came into existence, mostly b/c I was already a huge Bucs fan.

But the one thing I'm most proud of is being a Buccaneers fan since the early 90's. I'm 23 years old, and the Buccaneers were the first, and only team I've ever liked. I grew up in a Cowboys household, sitting through the Cowboys SB wins in the 90's with my parents and their friends cheering. Through 3 win seasons, a Super Bowl season and mediocrity, I'll always be, and always have been, a BUCS fan.

I was so ecstatic when we won the Super Bowl in '02. Then when I would go to the grocery store or whatever, I would see so many people wearing Bucs shirts and hats, and I was like WTF? I can't stand bandwagoners. Thats the only good thing about being a 3-win team....you don't have to put up with idiotic bandwagoners

GO BUCS

Last edited by MK2V1GP : 01-19-2010 at 01:01 PM.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:16 PM   #84
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterofhaters
haha, prime you may be pissed that i'm saying this but quite honestly, I feel (and said even prior to this season) like we should've made a run at Matt Cassel.. Romo has been given infinite chances and he's failed each time. Yes, the argument can be made that pass protection was poor and that the Vikings are a better team, but there's no excuse for that thrashing, it wasn't even close.
read thread title...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:31 PM   #85
Lakers13
Reload Time

Quote:
Chargers, they played in LA initially and they could move back to LA in the near future.

SD and LA don't mix.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:21 AM   #86
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
read thread title...
Being a "real cowboys fan" doesn't mean I have to like every player on the team and/or agree with every management decision/player signing. So with all due respect, YOU gtfo!
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:02 AM   #87
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker

Quote:
SD and LA don't mix.
And Los Angeles & Dallas mix how?
takeittothehoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:32 PM   #88
Huey Freeman
PAO

Quote:
SD and LA don't mix.
That's funny because the Los Angeles Chargers moved to San Diego in the first place.

And I'd rep takeittothehoop if I could.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:14 PM   #89
Lakers13
Reload Time

Quote:
That's funny because the Los Angeles Chargers moved to San Diego in the first place.

And I'd rep takeittothehoop if I could.

Why, hes a Jets fan from Aussie

Just because the Chargers once played in LA, doesnt make them popular with the fans. Dont comment on stuff in Cali if you dont know about it. Over there wearing Devil Rays BS, where are you from? Florida?

Last edited by Lakers13 : 01-22-2010 at 01:19 PM.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:16 PM   #90
Huey Freeman
PAO

Quote:
Why, hes a Jets fan from Aussie

Just because the Chargers once played in LA, doesnt make them popular with the fans. Dont comment on stuff in Cali if you dont know about it. Over there wearing Devil Rays BS, where are you from? Florida?
My point is the Chargers did play in LA before and they'd be a better fit for LA more so than the Bills would be.

And what does where I'm from have to do with anything? You must've missed takeittothehoops question, how does LA and Dallas mix?

Last edited by Huey Freeman : 01-22-2010 at 04:14 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: