Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-18-2010, 01:32 AM   #16
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Is Tony Romo on pace to become the biggest choke artist in NFL history?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
Nice Article on the worst playoffs QB

http://maricopa360.com/?p=4880

Choking to me is when the rest of your teammates play well enough to win but you fail to do your part, and Romo doesn't fall in that category.
I was gonna say Marino...but I thought it would make heads explode...dude's post season losses have hideous numbers

Fouts too...

never thought of Fran that way though, but now I do...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:40 AM   #17
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation
Default Re: Is Tony Romo on pace to become the biggest choke artist in NFL history?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
Nice Article on the worst playoffs QB

http://maricopa360.com/?p=4880

Choking to me is when the rest of your teammates play well enough to win but you fail to do your part, and Romo doesn't fall in that category.

Typically if your quarterback is playing bad, he is putting his teammates (specifically the defense) in spots where they can't really succeed.

I think this whole choking business is stupid. It's used to loosely. A more appropriate thing to say Player A didn't play well. That statement will never change (which is what history should remember) but if you're a perceived choker? And you go on to win a superbowl or championship, you automatically shed that label.

I don't believe in that. You are who you are. One year doesn't change that. Your body of work dictates how you should be viewed. If you consistently played bad games in big situations, that's who you are. If you consistently play well in big games? That's who you are.

I know it will never be viewed like that, but I think it's the most logical way to go about it.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:42 AM   #18
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Typically if your quarterback is playing bad, he is putting his teammates (specifically the defense) in spots where they can't really succeed.

I think this whole choking business is stupid. It's used to loosely. A more appropriate thing to say Player A didn't play well. That statement will never change (which is what history should remember) but if you're a perceived choker? And you go on to win a superbowl or championship, you automatically shed that label.

I don't believe in that. You are who you are. One year doesn't change that. Your body of work dictates how you should be viewed. If you consistently played bad games in big situations, that's who you are. If you consistently play well in big games? That's who you are.

I know it will never be viewed like that, but I think it's the most logical way to go about it.
^^^ you should then consider Favre to be a pretty big choker...correct?
Old 01-18-2010, 01:48 AM   #19
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Favres overall body of work is not great in big situations. I can remember numerous games where he really didn't play well in playoff games, but I also remember games where he really balled his ass off. He's a consistently up and down big game quarterback - that's how I would describe him.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:50 AM   #20
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Favres overall body of work is not great in big situations. I can remember numerous games where he really didn't play well in playoff games, but I also remember games where he really balled his ass off. He's a consistently up and down big game quarterback - that's how I would describe him.
I would describe it as constantly "throwing away the game" every single year...

except for 1996...(and maybe this year, oh please God no)
Old 01-18-2010, 01:50 AM   #21
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

mcnabb should be up there
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:53 AM   #22
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

when favre chokes on sunday, he should be up there as well
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:55 AM   #23
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

I wouldn't be betting on the Vikings to win the superbowl.

The chances they go into the Saints building and stop Brees with a pretty weak secondary is slim to none. I hope that line comes out at -6 for the Saints, I'll be betting so much money on that.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:13 AM   #24
Nanners
Decent college freshman

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Romo didnt really choke bad tonight. its not like he can do anything about the fact that the cowboys O line cant block jared allen and friends.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:10 PM   #25
J_Rock3ts
The Truth

J_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy>
mcnabb should be up there

I was going to call you out on this one, until I saw he had a 50.5 QB rating in his 3 straight trips to the NFC Championship game. Goddamn, I didn't know it was that bad.
J_Rock3ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:15 PM   #26
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quarterback rating can be misleading to the overall performance of a quarterback. Yesterday, for example... Sanchez had a 60 something rating, but I felt like he played an above average game. He made some critical throws.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:28 PM   #27
lakerHater
Local High School Star

lakerHater has decent reputationlakerHater has decent reputation

Choking is performing poorly when the pressure is on. I think 3 fumbles and an INT is performing poorly. The game was a big playoff game that would've propelled them to the NFC Championship game. Thus he performed poorly in a pressure situation.

Tony Romo = choker
lakerHater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:31 PM   #28
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Quarterback rating can be misleading to the overall performance of a quarterback. Yesterday, for example... Sanchez had a 60 something rating, but I felt like he played an above average game. He made some critical throws.
it should also be a given that QBs would generally have a poorer rating and stats in the post season because they are playing the best teams in the NFL...

the main reason that Montana is the GOAT...he thrived against the best...
Old 01-18-2010, 04:13 PM   #29
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

I absolutely hate that history remembers Montana as some "god" in the playoffs, like he was always great, or great most of the time.

Fact is he played average to below average games half the time in the playoffs. For every game he dominated, he also played poorly. People always want to remember the good things and all, but like I said earlier...you are who you are. Your body of work dictates what I think of you. And the simple fact is he wasn't always playing well in the playoffs. Four rings doesn't change that.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:36 PM   #30
lakerHater
Local High School Star

lakerHater has decent reputationlakerHater has decent reputation

Well ya know, I hate when He got a winning Dec. record & everyone praised him but when they lose/lost they say "the team"!
lakerHater is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: