Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-22-2010, 01:15 AM   #16
Nanners
College star

Default Re: San Francisco 49ers official offseason thread

the 49ers are a few good players away from being a very good team. Very promising young talent on both sides of the ball. They need to pick up another wr, a good safety or cb, and an upgrade to the o-line.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 01:08 AM   #17
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

Yeah the Niners are a few player away from being legit.
But since I hate the Niners I hope they just keep finding ways to NOT make the playoffs.

Make that...I don;t really hate the Niner team just the annoying fans who are stuck in the 80's.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:11 AM   #18
tsforthrees
red vines cray

Justin Smith and Frank Gore have been named pro-bowl replacements for Kevin Williams and Steven Jackson. 5 49ers in the pro bowl for the first time since 2002. hopefully we'll get like 15 next season.
tsforthrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:54 AM   #19
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsforthrees
Justin Smith and Frank Gore have been named pro-bowl replacements for Kevin Williams and Steven Jackson. 5 49ers in the pro bowl for the first time since 2002. hopefully we'll get like 15 next season.

Yes hopefully it'll be 15 nominated instead of 15 after others drop because no one wants to play. lol.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:42 PM   #20
tsforthrees
red vines cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
Yes hopefully it'll be 15 nominated instead of 15 after others drop because no one wants to play. lol.

yeah but i'll take it at this point. years of mediocrity and straight up futility can do that to you
Old 01-28-2010, 02:23 AM   #21
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Quote:
yeah but i'll take it at this point. years of mediocrity and straight up futility can do that to you

Agreed. And it's great that these players are getting their due, even though they play in San Fran it's been in mild obscurity. I think Pat Will is seriously underrated outside of football circles and Frank Gore is very much Marshall Faulkish yet idk if people knowo just how good he is.

Not like say Andre Johnson who I think is the best WR in the leauge yet he plays in Houston so.... who cares. That'll change next year I think.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:45 AM   #22
tsforthrees
red vines cray

The Niners placed the franchise tag on nose tackle Aubrayo Franklin. I like the idea of putting him another contract year, even though he is getting PAID. supposedly the Niners are dangling him for a first round pick. If that were the case, I sure hope one of those picks would be Dan Williams.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:40 PM   #23
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
The Niners placed the franchise tag on nose tackle Aubrayo Franklin. I like the idea of putting him another contract year, even though he is getting PAID. supposedly the Niners are dangling him for a first round pick. If that were the case, I sure hope one of those picks would be Dan Williams.

Having 3 first round picks would be overkill. But I doubt anyone is giving up a first for dude anyway so its a moot point. Any new rumblings, grumblings over who SF is liking or position priority? Or is everything still the same. Damn i wanna see what they do with those 2 picks.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:05 PM   #24
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

Old 02-25-2010, 04:45 AM   #25
tsforthrees
red vines cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Having 3 first round picks would be overkill. But I doubt anyone is giving up a first for dude anyway so its a moot point. Any new rumblings, grumblings over who SF is liking or position priority? Or is everything still the same. Damn i wanna see what they do with those 2 picks.

i'd say these are the prospects they're really high on based on reports from beat writers and meetings at the Senior Bowl:

RB CJ Spiller
RT Bryan Baluga
RT Bruce Campbell
RT Trent Williams
DT Jared Odrick
DT Brian Price
S Earl Thomas

they seemed awfully curious in d-lineman at the Senior Bowl and Matt Maicoo, who in my opinion is the best guy covering the Niners right now, has said they would probably be interested in Odrick or Price. I don't think drafting a left end to replace Sopoaga (stout against the run, takes up space, rare qb pressure) is worth a first rounder especially with a few huge holes in our roster, but those are the guys getting the most name drops as potential first round picks.

Baluga sounds like he's on the rise right now, so I don't think he'll be around. I don't really like Williams or Campbell, so if the Niners took Spiller and Thomas in the first and a tackle like Duccasse or Fox in the second I would be very happy.

Agreed on the 3 first round picks though. Would create a gaping hole in the middle and would be a lot of money invested for the next four years in three guys who may not pan out.

Last edited by tsforthrees : 02-25-2010 at 04:47 AM.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:48 AM   #26
tsforthrees
red vines cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner

nnamdi for nate clements?
Old 02-25-2010, 06:15 PM   #27
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

Quote:
nnamdi for nate clements?

Naw.....Nnamdi is the best thing about the Raiders....one of the few!
Old 02-25-2010, 06:49 PM   #28
tsforthrees
red vines cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
Naw.....Nnamdi is the best thing about the Raiders....one of the few!

haha yeah i know, i just want to get rid of nate and i heard you guys are shopping him.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:33 PM   #29
nestea()

This is the year. Cards aren't a playoff team. Seahawks are trash. Rams......

So I forecast a 10-6 season.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:05 AM   #30
AtomSmasher
Truth Seeker

san francisco needs a playmaker in the secondary. they have a lot of holes otherwise i'd suggest packaging one of their 1st round picks and a 3rd in order to trade up for berry if he falls past the top 7 or so...Don Bank's mock had them taking Earl Thomas who I think might be a little bit of a reach with their first 1st rounder.

The niners aren't fall off. Fortunately they play in the worst division in football and finally have found themselves a very good coach. They have the best linebacker in football (and one of the best defensive players in the entire league). Gore is obviously a very good back but they need someone to spell him with and keep him fresh. He does get dinged up a lot. Spiller I haven't seen enough but I wouldn't invest a 1st round pick in an area of strength. Especially considering how much value there typically is at the running back position. It often pays off to wait and nab a guy in the late 2nd/early 3rd because their is often little difference between those guys and the guys who get taken in the first.

They need some help on both lines. They really need someone who can rush the opposing QB. They need a playmaker in the secondary - I do think Clements can be that guy if they decide to move him to safety.

This is a very deep draft. If they have a great draft it will be the cornerstone to a great team for years to come. Kind of like the Eagles when they had two 2nd round picks and in turn produced 4 pro bowlers.
AtomSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: