Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 03-06-2010, 05:26 PM   #31
tsforthrees
red vines cray

tsforthrees has decent reputation
Default Re: San Francisco 49ers official offseason thread

Niners are looking at David Carr as a backup QB. A better option than Shaun Hill because of his ability to get the ball downfield. Hill is a better game manager though. With Carr, we wouldn't have to change the offense drastically if Alex Smith were to sit out. With Hill we would need to go ultra conservative, but he's proven he can win games. I guess I'd lean towards Carr because he can still make plays and the offense wouldn't turn predictable.
tsforthrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:29 AM   #32
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsforthrees
Niners are looking at David Carr as a backup QB. A better option than Shaun Hill because of his ability to get the ball downfield. Hill is a better game manager though. With Carr, we wouldn't have to change the offense drastically if Alex Smith were to sit out. With Hill we would need to go ultra conservative, but he's proven he can win games. I guess I'd lean towards Carr because he can still make plays and the offense wouldn't turn predictable.

Carr is garbage and I think he'll be a bad influence on Alex. You don't want 1 bust(Carr) with another potential bust(alex). I think Alex can be good and you just don't want a bust like Carr in the same lockeroom as him. I'm sure Carr is a good guy and all.

These are typical 49er moves. Instead of signing some needs they sign these low signings that amount to nothing.. Niners have holes in the secondary, line, and a pass rusher can be useful. For example Kerry Rhodes was available but instead we let our division rivals grab him, he would of been a big upgrade at secondary and pair him up with Goldson. With the 2 1st rounders they need to select a CB and a OT. Possibly Haden and Bulaga. Mays, Thomas and Spiller would be intersting picks also. 2nd round we try and get a return specalist who can also gives us a threat on offense here and there, picture a guy like Cribbs but not as good obviously. Maybe the 49ers should look for trading a 1st round pick for Gaither(RFA), he's 24 and considered to be the best LT available.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:03 PM   #33
tsforthrees
red vines cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Carr is garbage and I think he'll be a bad influence on Alex. You don't want 1 bust(Carr) with another potential bust(alex). I think Alex can be good and you just don't want a bust like Carr in the same lockeroom as him. I'm sure Carr is a good guy and all.

These are typical 49er moves. Instead of signing some needs they sign these low signings that amount to nothing.. Niners have holes in the secondary, line, and a pass rusher can be useful. For example Kerry Rhodes was available but instead we let our division rivals grab him, he would of been a big upgrade at secondary and pair him up with Goldson. With the 2 1st rounders they need to select a CB and a OT. Possibly Haden and Bulaga. Mays, Thomas and Spiller would be intersting picks also. 2nd round we try and get a return specalist who can also gives us a threat on offense here and there, picture a guy like Cribbs but not as good obviously. Maybe the 49ers should look for trading a 1st round pick for Gaither(RFA), he's 24 and considered to be the best LT available.

if anything that's the opposite of what the niners have been doing the last five years. Jonas Jennings, Nate Clements, Michael Lewis, Justin Smith, Brandon Jones? All big money guys, only Smith panned out. I'd rather take the frugal approach for now. We are close to being a great team. I don't want to screw it up by overspending.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:09 PM   #34
tsforthrees
red vines cray

it's official, David Carr will be the new Niners backup QB. I like him in a pinch better than Shaun Hill because he can get the ball downfield. In other news, Justin Fargas is rumored to be coming in for a visit. If the Niners don't want Spiller I'd rather they get a vet back like Fargas than a question mark later in the draft.

Starting to think the two firsts will be Earl Thomas and whoever the best tackle available is, Davis or Williams.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:28 PM   #35
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:00 AM   #36
tsforthrees
red vines cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak

key number here is 5. That's how many winning seasons the Cardinals have in the last 30 years. That's also how many Super Bowls the 49ers have in the last 30 years. The last 3 years has been the best the Cardinals have ever been excluding small runs in the 70's and 40's. Your team finishes 9-7 for a few years and suddenly you overtake the 49ers as a franchise? forget about it. the Cardinals are a complete joke.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:48 PM   #37
AtomSmasher
Truth Seeker

AtomSmasher has decent reputationAtomSmasher has decent reputation

I really think the Niners are making all the right moves and in a position to be very good for years to come. Word is they're taking a very hard look at 23 year old left tackle stud Jared Gaither who would be a phenomenal additional to their line and explosive speedster Leon Washington. Both areas of weakness that they plan on addressing in free agency so they can take the best players available in a very, very deep draft.
AtomSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:07 PM   #38
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomSmasher
I really think the Niners are making all the right moves and in a position to be very good for years to come. Word is they're taking a very hard look at 23 year old left tackle stud Jared Gaither who would be a phenomenal additional to their line and explosive speedster Leon Washington. Both areas of weakness that they plan on addressing in free agency so they can take the best players available in a very, very deep draft.

I heard the same thing about Gaither. Either way the niners will waste a 1st on a tackle either in the draft or Gaither. I heard they were looking at Justin Fargas. He would be a good addition imo. He's a vet, tough, and can block well, good complementary back to Gore.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 12:58 PM   #39
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

49ers are looking at adam "pacman" jones according to realgm., any thoughts???? i know hes had a few problems but i think he would be a good addition to the team, they could do with an upgrade at CB
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 05:55 PM   #40
tsforthrees
red vines cray

pac man would be a welcome addition to the niners. here are the 49er corners right now:

Shawntae Spencer-big corner with above average speed, played at an elite level last year. The best season a 49er corner has had in years.

Nate Clements-slightly above average starter, great tackler who was injured for most of the season but when healthy is very solid in run support and a decent coverage guy, although he's extremely slow.

Tarell Brown-speedy nickelback is a playmaker but gets burnt alot.

Dre Bly-If he returns. Bly is losing speed but had an underrated year. I really doubt we'll resign him but he'd be nice for dime packages and for depth.

Walt Harris-If he comes back from injury, Harris might have to move to free safety. There's not a lot of room for him at corner and I have to believe he's lost a step.

Karl Paymah-Another big corner who plays best in bump and run.

Pac Man Jones would easily be our fastest guy in the secondary and would give us another playmaker. I honestly don't care at all about his attitude problems. Singletary cleaned up Vernon Davis he can clean up Pacman. Just get it done Baalke we need more speed!
Old 03-26-2010, 12:30 PM   #41
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigthomasb
49ers are looking at adam "pacman" jones according to realgm., any thoughts???? i know hes had a few problems but i think he would be a good addition to the team, they could do with an upgrade at CB

Now that would be a Raider move!!!
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:03 AM   #42
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Herm Edwards threw out there SF should trade for Mcnabb and sign Brandon Marshall. SF can trade its 2nd rd pick for Mcnabb then give Denver the 1st rd pick for signing Brandon Marshall. All the while keeping 1 of thier 1st rd picks in the draft. That would be insane. The counter to that is obviously $$$$$$. You'll be committing quit a few millions to those 2. B.Marsh will get paid, Mcnabb is a FA so offering an extension should be in the plans 2-3yr deal. Nothing more. But then you got Vernon Davis and the beast at MLB P.Willis up for deals. SF could generate a ton of fan interest in these additions, but how much money are they really committed to shelling out?

This wasnt a rumor, just an idea Herm tossed out there on his own. So its not like this is buzzing. Nothing more than a fantasy proposal. But an interesting one. If SF did this I'd take the 1st rd pick they would have and trade down picking up maybe a 2nd rd early 3rd rder in the process. You save money trading down with a team lookin to leap frog others while replacing the draft pick you lost getting Mcnabb.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:41 AM   #43
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Herm Edwards threw out there SF should trade for Mcnabb and sign Brandon Marshall. SF can trade its 2nd rd pick for Mcnabb then give Denver the 1st rd pick for signing Brandon Marshall. All the while keeping 1 of thier 1st rd picks in the draft. That would be insane. The counter to that is obviously $$$$$$. You'll be committing quit a few millions to those 2. B.Marsh will get paid, Mcnabb is a FA so offering an extension should be in the plans 2-3yr deal. Nothing more. But then you got Vernon Davis and the beast at MLB P.Willis up for deals. SF could generate a ton of fan interest in these additions, but how much money are they really committed to shelling out?

This wasnt a rumor, just an idea Herm tossed out there on his own. So its not like this is buzzing. Nothing more than a fantasy proposal. But an interesting one. If SF did this I'd take the 1st rd pick they would have and trade down picking up maybe a 2nd rd early 3rd rder in the process. You save money trading down with a team lookin to leap frog others while replacing the draft pick you lost getting Mcnabb.

ive been wanting the 9ers to go after marshall all summer, i think he would be a great move, not sure about mcnabb though, i think they can make do with smith, if he has davis, gore, marshall and crabtree to work with, i think he will be alright, some solid draft picks and they could well be up there

also really like the idea of signing adam jones as well
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 06:48 PM   #44
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

SF gets Ginn JR for a 5th. Not bad for both sides. Ginn was a bust for Miami and after aquiring B.Marshall? His services were no longer needed. SF adding Ginn doesnt hurt. In the 5th round you take a WR? Chances are they can help you on special teams. And well Ginn can.

Fair deal for both sides.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: